Wind Devils

Hello!

I’ve been playing a pretty long time, just started a lightning based Elementalist.

Concerning Wind Devils, the need to constantly re-summon them (to maintain max allowed) ever few seconds feels so clunky.

Is there any way, maybe via adding a transmuter, to permanently cast them? You could apply a mana/second cost equal to the cost of constantly summoning, or apply a similar function of Montegrul’s Grasp (Path of Exile unique) where wind devils allowed reduced by 1/2 or X, buff them nicely, and keep them as a permanent summon/mana cost per sec? This could also be consistant with D&D’s Familiar, which would also be cool.

Anyways, this is the 3rd time I have tried wind devils. I’m adamant to give it a solid attempt this time, it just doesn’t feel enjoyable to constantly recast them.

Thank you for your time.

So just curious if this were to happen, how would the targeting on the Wind Devils work? I can already imagine the permanent Wind Devil flying off somewhere to attack trash instead of the boss right in front of me.

I would imagine similar to how it currently is. Pet attack does work on wind devils.

IMHO problem with wind devils lies within the poor AI and slowness of movement. They should stuck more on the target and not move until is dead, right now they move away frequently, because of their range limit from the character, but non only for that.

Improve movement speed and the range whitin they can stay away from character, make them stuck more with their current enemy and move towards the next one when the first one is dead. That would seriously increase the effectiveness and enjoyability of the skill.

The need to recast them often is part of the skill concept, i don’t feel it so annoying personally.

Wind Devils? More like Molasses Imps, amirite?

Some of their skill mods for it increase their time active or reduce the cooldown time to make it easier to keep multiple up. I don’t think making them permament is something they’d want to do.

I would love a transmuter to make them permanent, even if you needed to set the limit to only 1 summon.

1 Like

This topic need to get attention I believe. It’s PITA to keep them at 3 summon and also even harder to keep them close to you. Making it permanent like GoE should be considered again. Reduce the damage dealt if necessary, keep them at 2 max summon limit but make it permanent. Or increasing the area of RR and reducing the cooldown could be another option.

No more dmg nerfs to WDs plzzz

Sigil of Consumption and Devastation should be permanent too, cause casting spells is BOOOORING.

9 Likes

If you’re playing melee, yes it’s kinda boring. But those skill has purpose to cast. Wind Devil is mostly waste of time because you can only have 3 WD for a very short time if you are not stacking CDR and with melee build more than %15 CDR is very hard. So 3 max limit is mostly useless. And also every time you cast it, because of the animation character pause for a sec. I’m sure you can avoid that with high casting speeds and again if you are playing melee, you do not get to have that high casting speed. I have another character which uses thermite mine for RR but, animation of casting thermite mine is faster than WD and mostly doesn’t bother me. So I’m sure there are a few people who uses Wind Devils for other uses except it’s RR but most of the players use WD only for RR like GoE so it shouldn’t be that chaotic to use. You can add a transmuter for 2h melee builds perhaps? That makes it permanent but reduce it max limit, or wider it’s aoe and reduce something else I don’t know. It’s just using WD feels like there is something off. It should be more practical.

spamming the same thing over and over to summon a clunky pet mainly just to apply RR is not actually fun, it detracts from the fun of the game imo.

Let’s not apply our own definitions of fun as if they are law.

1 Like

Thats why i said IMO which mean ‘in my opinion’
How about a poll then, lets see how many people think that spamming wind devils every few seconds is fun and adds to the game in a creative and interesting way.

4 Likes

Wouldn’t give a good understanding of the entire player base’s thoughts on the subject if done here. Just the very dedicated/hardcore players, which are in the minority of all players.

Like Evil_Baka said, polls here in general are pointless because this forum is a fraction of the fanbase.

The only thing they can really do is make Wind Devils run faster. Making them permanent or reducing their damage for better QoL would be a flat nerf to builds that focus solely on them like Cyclone and Morgoneth.

While I would love to see Wind Devils being permanent, I don’t think Zantai is open to the idea, so most likely not happening :frowning:

Would love to see a transmuter with like -% Total Damage, but Wind Devils made permanent, for those of us who use them as RR instead of damage, but that is probably also not happening this late into GD’s development :sob:

I would argue that playing the game is part of playing the game, yes, and why we offer a variety of skills and playstyles to appeal to different tastes.

I’m fine with spamming Wind Devils all the time, I only wish they were much faster.

or maybe just rename them to Breeze Devils, problem solved :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

A simple transmuter that makes them permanent for lessening their damage would be great for melee and ranged builds. And increase their speed of movement which is abysmal.

2 Likes