WiP [1.1.9.7] Build Journal: Melee Beginner S&B RF Paladin Journey

******** This levelling journal is currently undergoing a refit. Having to figure out a better way to get to where I want. (26 Dec 2022) ***********

This guide is a beginner guide and is/will be SSF (Solo Self Found).
I will include budget options for gear where available (I’m hoping I find some).

As of now, this build is soft core. Depending on how this goes and the feedback, I may eventually give it a try in hard core in the future.

Starting this to document my journey, so I have a place to document my journey and pitfalls in real time.

Why S&B RF Paladin: Because when you hear Paladin, or at least when I do, I just imagine someone with a sword and shield delivering divine justice. Currently, the only paladin beginner builds are for Dual Wield Righteous Fervor with Pistols, or the Aegis Shield throw. So this journal, and hopefully build in the end, will give us a 3rd option, to fulfill anyone’s holy knight desires to bring fiery, divine justice to Cairn.

Inspiration is partially taken from:
Idontwannaknow0’s Beginner’s Fire Sword & Board Shieldbreaker

Leveling Snapshots (Done after important events, and/or every 10 levels)

So I can review them in case something happens with my notepad++
Here is my current Devotion setting.

• Red Crossroads
  • Fiend (Bind to RF)
  • Spider
  • Green Crossroads
  • Magi
  • -Fiend
  • Jackal
  • Witchblade
  • Viper
  • Ghoul
  • -Red Crossroads
  • Quill
  • Purple Crossroads
  • Crown
  • Torch
  • Gold Crossroads
  • Turtle
  • -Torch
  • Phoenix
  • Torch Left
  • -Green Crossroads
  • 1pt Torch Right
3 Likes

Reserved for future content.

1 Like

Reserved for future content: part 2

1 Like

:dragon_face:

1 Like

Going back to the drawing board with this one. I expected an MI to potentially drop off Cthonian mobs in act 3, and it didn’t.

It’s making me rethink my plans going forward, cause it wasn’t exactly the easiest levellign experience either.

1 Like

I have been lvling with Oathkeeper a lot, Vire’s might is the best choice among Oath skills, with this tome only you can pump up to lv 90 easily. Just my own exp, you can consider it’s an option :P.

Skater is definitely a very good levelling build for Oathkeeper. And I enjoy skating, I just enjoy smashing things in the face more.

Heck, I also freely admit that WoP levellign via inquisitor would be better until the 50s/60s.