[WIP] Darkest Dawn - Skill Overhaul

Following up the calling of dibs I did here, I think it’s time to announce this on the official forums.

I’ve been working on Darkest Dawn, a skill overhaul that features two new classes, plus a few tweaks and enhancements to the classes already in place.

New class 1: The Necromancer

Just your classical necromancer. Has three summon skills (two of them are ranged attackers), two of which can summon more than one instance of a minion. A bit of “bone” magic that deals physical damage and can be transmuted to get a spammable cold spell, buffs that empower pets at the expense of the caster, and more.

A few example skills:

New class 2: The Illusionist

This one is a bit different from other classes. The Illusionist is focused on crowd control and damage over time (electrocute + frostburn). He’s got a lot of sleep, stun, petrification going; special pets who are debuffers and suicide bombers, and (proper) teleportation. I also made up some lore about these guys that I intend to inject into the game once everything else is done.

A few example skills:

On top of that, I fill up all the empty slots on existing masteries. Occultist gets a “build charge”-type attack replacer that buffs spellcasting, Demolitionist has “Ulzuin’s Chosen” renamed and moved to a lower rank, and gets a fancy exclusive skill. This one:

Right now, I still need to do balancing, some skill icons and a few effects. But all skills are working, as far as I can tell.

If you want to take part in the closed alpha phase, follow my fb page: https://www.facebook.com/thecultoft3nd0/

If you’d want to help out with art, that’d also be welcome. I’m confident I can handle everything I need to, but saving time is always appreciated.

The mod will be published on the Grim Dawn Nexus. The Nexus is my home.

Time to get back into the asset manager.

nice! can’t wait to see more details

Another one to follow with great interest. So many mods so little time!

Got the skill I wanted as Demolitionist-exclusive to work. It detonates enemies you kill.

Aww yiss.

So the art is all yours?

I like it. Fits nicely.

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk

The class selection images? Yeah. I need to adjust it a bit to fit the game’s style better.

Nice work Kir4 buddy, I especially like those really intricate details on your icons! :stuck_out_tongue:

Nah seriously though, great stuff. If those class selection images are indeed yours, then you did a kick ass job.

Anyhow - if you want you can use my UI files for my TQ masteries mod (grim quest), I will upload them to be open source because it seems like it may come in handy for some…

“If they are indeed yours […]”

Pfff, don’t provoke me, m80. I did them on a Galaxy Note and have felt the pain.

I see you reorganized the button layout to fit them all in the window. I’ll try a different approach first, but might come back at you.

I see you reorganized the button layout to fit them all in the window. I’ll try a different approach first, but might come back at you.

I plan on making it open for anyone anyway so no worries.

All fixed up nicely, keeping the original asymmetrical design.

Bump, because call to closed alpha is on.
Also added a few example skill screenshots to the original post.