[Wish List] Improvements to Crucible

Agree, can’t compete with something that broken. Although it would be interesting to see how min-maxed specs of today would fare against DA stackers of the past in that early Crucible.

A lot more builds can complete Gladiator 150-170 deathless compared to SR 75-76 deathless. If you’re throwing coprses at SR then you’re spending extra time on that, reducing loot per time ratio.

Just for the info Crucible 150-170 yields 8.8 legendaries per run, SR 75-76 yields 15 legendaries per run. Source is MikeFic’s datamining spreadsheets. I would had used your own videos as a proof, but all speedrunners cut the loot part out. And both of us know that you weren’t burdensome on my coffers as of late, heheheh. :smirk_cat:

So the resource used to legally re-roll stats on set items is cheap to you? :joy_cat:

Where are you getting this? Based on the deathless runs posted by Crucible speedrunners? That’s just not true at all.

Yeah, but consistently farming Crucible 150-170 deathless is much harder than farming SR 65-66 or 75-76 with few occasional deaths here and there.

It’s cheaper than losing 88 tribute stack in Crucible, I am certain of that.

1 Like

For what it’s worth, i’ve made some videos of specific mob issues in crucible and Z took a look at them.

Whether he managed to spot a a bigger problem and solve it or it was just those areas that needed fixing, that we’ll have to see when patch hits testing

1 Like

Agree for the most part and i even wanted to make a similar thread, glad other people feel this way too.

All aRPGs, in the end, revolve around loot. Crucible right now is useless in terms of farming. SR75-76 run gives about 3x times more loot than 151-170, takes way less time than 3 runs, less piloting skills and has almost no risk. And Crucible is a DLC with its own price. Does anyone still buy it? Constant nerfs to performance without any loot compensation.

To be more specific. I suggest to rebalance mutators a little bit. Some of them have no impact and others straight up ruin your build.

Attack and cast speed debuffs, shattered debuff and monster resist buffs should be cut in half. Other monster buffs except brutal and the crit one should be increased.

To echo what Nery said about glass cannons. I have a build that survives better with Fevered Rage. Because i can kill bosses faster than they are able to obliterate me with their nukes and debuffs. And it’s not retal.

3 Likes

Good stuff. For what it’s worth, I always got trouble in bottom-right. Especially the FG raptor trash mobs fall asleep, the ghost armors and the griffins. All kinds of caster heroes are also very prone to hiccups.

Maybe (though it’s arguable) but death is mostly irrelevant in SR. You die in SR and lose 15s of your time. You die in Crucible 153 with your blessing and banners on and you lose an hour to get the tributes back. Farming-wise, SR is simply better. Especially for people who do need that loot to improve builds that need improving.

But this thread is not really about loot. It’s about enhancing experience of long-time players who just wanna see how fast they can go. I’m not saying that GD should revolve around that notion. I know Z would strongly disagree. But even he can’t deny that this is a big part of the game.

1 Like

That’s what I start with in the videos :grinning: By far the main offender

This was an across the board fix to aggro behavior in the Crucible.

3 Likes

Is it included in the 1.1.7.0? Or can we get it as a hotfix earlier?

Doubt it’s needed as a hotfix.

Awesome! :partying_face:

Dummy DPS-check wave incoming.

You could use the dummy to proc buffs then start cruci and get faster kills tho, probably :expressionless:

1 Like

There are no such buffs you’d be desperate to activate BEFORE Crucible. You could charge autoattacks but that’s not something that would break the game or be unfair. You can already set up temporary pets if you accept this form of charge-up in speedrunning (most don’t).

Dummy would be useful to check out your stats with buffs on attack. Since Crucible is already very convenient to make changes to your char, a dummy would make it even better.

Fantastic ideas! What is chance they will be in game?

When you mention CC out of nowhere, what do you mean? Can you describe this please? Might be useful to communicate it thoroughly over in @mad_lee’s thread about perceived difficulty increase.

Well I mean CC can come from minor enemies, you haven’t focused on. Also you can be freeze by Moose with capped freeze res or disrupt with 80% disrupt. So CC res is very common in Crucible. And it’s sometimes impossible to physically avoid all of that in cluster of enemies.

1 Like

Yeah it seems freeze/trap/disrupt resists are essential as threats/debuffs all hitting simultaneously or at rotating increments would be deadly to any build, so those resists in crucible builds would be very very important, and even in overcapped values not enough to completely ensure safety in a situation of cluster.

Personally I want 150-170 in crucible to be an extreme challenge but it does also feel that the crucible mode now mainly exists for min-maxers to test their builds. 90% of the time i prefer shattered realm but its a different beast all over, you need to build your character a bit differently for SR than you would in crucible and generally i find its harder to make a build solid for sr75-76 than it is for 150-170.
I have noticed alot of chain cc nonsense lately though in crucible even with capped CC resists. Be nice if there was some diminishing returns so you cant get spam stunned for 2 seconds every 3 seconds.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.