Witch Hunter AAR build

I know but I just wanted to say that hexflame is not enough for Fire Ray in general :slight_smile:

mmm yeah nice dodge …

It is not dodge
It is true

1. 99% purple items are better than greens
  2. It is harder to made full purple build

Purple items are better with it exclusive mods, procs, etc…

Green items are better by affixes such a Stonehide that a lot of people close their holes in builds

My english is very poor and maybe the translator is not good for my thoughts

But it is second time than you @malawiglenn try to mix my build with mud

That’s not a good thing you did

Then you should read why there is a “no green mafia” on the forum, it is because some like to make and post insane impossible builds in GD stash that the no green mafia started as a reaction to that. And the no green mafia is just as the gd stashers, extremists but on the other side of the spectrum.

do you mean that 99% of all purple items are better than all green items or ANY green item? I am having a pretty hard time understanding your reasoning, but purple boots and legs are pretty bad in comparison with good rolled MI’s and stoneplate greaves.

Have you ever seen me write to someone that his GDStash build is fu fu fu

Then why it is not the first time you’ve muddied my assemblies?

What’s wrong with not using greens in builds? I don’t throw dirt on people who use it, I don’t care.

What’s wrong with you, @malawiglenn?

I did not say there is something wrong with the build, I just said that some people do not know why they are against green items… like you on the one hand saying legendary items are better, but on the other hand it makes it harder? Those are two contradictory statements.

If you wanna do it “the hard way” then just play with yellow items?

Never used those, except for 1 tanky “boss” (a hero with 100% overcapped lightning res) - it took ~2 minutes to bring him down.
Even without proc, energy regen almost covers up for AAR consumption, due to “reduced energy cost” stacking.

Well, to even out 4% ADCTH, DPS should be 50% higher. In reality, switching to Aetherbolt Pendant brings DPS from ~175k with ~16% fire damage to ~183k pure lightning (tooltip, at least).
Anyway, build can swap between those two without changing any other gear.

You see, the whole point of my build was to make as tanky AAR as possible. That’s why i’ve choosen inquisitor (damage absorb), that’s why use lightning damage (Aura of censure reduces damage, Light’s Defender set provides high armor), that’s why use Ishtaak and Alladrah’s phoenix, and has to abuse greens to max Inquisitor seal.

People here arguing while I read the title and wtf?

Glen…Glen…Glen…

I see you very like to trashtalking

But I will answer you… for the umpteenth time?.. the 3rd?

1. Purple items in 99% are better than Green by they mods, proc and etc.

(if we talk about simple Green items not Core-Build like Pulseshard and etc.)

1. Make nice build based on full Purple / Blue items are much harder than use green items such a Stonehide Stoneplate Greaves 'cos use green items that close all holes in build is very simple

Isnt there some sort of contradiction?
If creating a nice build without greens is much harder, then i can logically assume, that green items are good, right? Sure, most of them are crap, but they drop far more often, that legendaries. From my POV, 90%+ of legendaries and 99%+ of epics are trash as well.

Exaggerated but true. The real reason the no greens mafia existed in the first place was because cruci (let’s face it, it’s the most popular ground for endgame builds especially during AoM which will be the time I’ll be talking about) got a lot easier after the DA nerf. People who “wanted builds that can be build more consistently” wanted no greens and they got lucky purple was better for damage most of the time. Greens are better for overcaps (and stun res), which was the main focus on crucible before buffs gave resists. As overcaps became less important, damage and speedrunning became a focus and stuff like Barbaros, Tranquil mind, Final March are very good at that. No more double kings green needed.

Again, true. If I get lazy I just dump in stonehide or thunderstruck greens and that’s resists solved. What I hated when people started to ask builders with “Is there a no green version of this build?” (which is btw a big contributor of the rise of the mafia) was that they were dumb enough to not even try and open grimtools to look for replacements.

No contradiction here. What omnitrio meant was that it’s harder for your brains to make greenless builds (talking endgame here, not budget as what glenn normally has in his mindset) cause there’s way less options to cover weaknesses on builds. Once you give yourself the option to use the most powerful greens you have in your arsenal it becomes much much easier.

1 Like

Even more challenging imho is to use a green(s) and not define the affixes. Then when someone uses the build any prefix/suffix will be pure candy for the user. It also shows just how badly some builds need specific combos of affixes for some builds to function. Hard to resist defining those, though.

Its not hard to find the green, but the combo is usually very hard. So even just defining only one of the prefix or suffix is typically more realistic.

In the case of a 4±green item build…that is some amazing challenge. (except faction gear, ofc)