Witchblade - The "Voodoo" Warrior (melee/caster hybrid)

The “Voodoo” Warrior

UPDATED 27/10/2016: Successfully tested against Ultimate Fabius
UPDATED 18/10/2016: Added used equipment.
UPDATED 11/10/2016: Rearranged some skills, added Falcon devotion

Hi to all, who decided to check out the following unorthodox build. Before I begin I must be excused for some things:

1. I am not experienced in build writing, so feel free to ask if some information is not listed;
  2. English is not my native language.

So – the concept:

I keep very fond memories of Titan Quest`s Champion class, blasting trough everything using melee attacks and Plague. I tried to implement this concept in Grim Dawn and the result was extremely satisfying. The following guide represent a Witchblade melee/caster hybrid, relying extremely on curses.

Warning: Definitely not a beginner friendly build – can be quite hazardous in some situations.

So without any more words, the final build:

http://grimcalc.com/build/I91f6qS

(Grimcalc link includes extra skill points from quests and devotions, no bonuses from equipment are included)

Gameplay: Cast Curse of Frailty and Blood Pox on monsters and explore the map while they are dying in pain :slight_smile: Melee with those, who manage to reach you and feel free to run a while if outnumbered. For boss encounters use Curse of Frailty, Sigil of Consumption and Doom Bolt plus melee attacks. If you are brave enough you may cast Bloody Pox on bosses (it works on them!) but be prepared to run :slight_smile:

Core damage dealing skill is Bloody Pox, which reduce enemys health by percentage so it scales very well with increasing difficulty of the game and respectively greater health bars of enemies. Its modifier increases damage done even more but turns enemies into frenzy state, which result in increased speed and increased damage done to you. With latest updates Bloody Pox is even more deadly. Its damage consists of primary Vitality damage (health reductions counts as Vitality damage), some Bleeding and Poison damage, so it is reduced by relevant enemys resistances. This is where Curse of Frailty moves in – vitality resistance reduction.

UPDATE: Despite the fact that this is a melee/caster hybrid who deals very good damage to whole screen of monsters, it does not go near to a tank build, due to increased damage of monsters, so you must be prepared for this. Survivability is covered by huge life steal and defensive procs, which slows enemies - at upper levels character will be able to tank several hero monsters at the same time.

Leveling tips:

Start Occultist and unlock Bloody Pox ASAP. Be careful not to increase its damage fast – the power of the skill is its transition to other enemies. So if you notice that targeted enemy dies on first “click” stop investing skill points in this skill. By level 10 your build should look something like this:
Level 10: http://grimcalc.com/build/SD0bQn3
Start rushing Occult mastery in order to unlock Doom Bolt and Possession – Blood Pox is already quite powerful
Level 20: http://grimcalc.com/build/IXK7tvk
When you finish with Occult mastery and all core skills are unlocked, continue developing Soldier mastery, while slowly maxing Bloody Pox and Curse of Frailty plus their modifiers.
Level 30: http://grimcalc.com/build/uAZxRY4
Level 40: http://grimcalc.com/build/yLplmhr
Level 50: http://grimcalc.com/build/aKC9N41
By now you for sure won`t be fighting in close range at all, only in very rare situations.
Level 60: http://grimcalc.com/build/jm4qnrK
Level 70: http://grimcalc.com/build/0YkGuiZ
The final build at level 85 you can find in the beginning.

Stat points should go almost all in physique since you have to be prepared to take hard hits while investing in cunning and spirit only a few to cover item requirements

Devotions order:
Crossroads – Eldritch
Bat – assign Twin Fangs to Bloody Pox
Crossroads – Primordial
Gallows
Remove Crossroad – Primordial
Crossroads – Chaos
Viper
Remove Crossroads – Chaos
Wendigo – assign Twin Fangs to Sigil of Consumption, assign Wendigos Mark to Bloody Pox Behemoth – assign Giants Blood to Possession
Remove Crossroad – Eldritch
Manticore – assign Acid Spray to Curse of Frailty
Falcon – assign Falcon Swoop to Cadence
Affliction – assign Fetid Pool to Field Command
Chariot of the Dead – assign Wayward Soul to Solael`s Witchfire

Used equipment:
Full Marcovian set
Hands - Voidsteel gauntlets,
Boots - Boneshatter Treads,
Pants - Demonbone Legplates or Pretty Great Pants.
Weapon - Damnation axe
Medal - Black Star of Deceipt
Rings- Open Hand of Mercy & Signet of the Fallen

Procs:
Fast clearing of wide areas
Very fun to play
Huge life leech - very tanky in upper levels
Not so gear dependant (life leech comes from devotions and skills)
Unorthodox build, different from the rest

Cons:
Quite hazardous if not careful
Takes some time to develop necessary skills
Enraged Obsidian monsters in BoC hit very hard!
Not so good (but reasonably doable) against large single targets (Nemesis and Boss monsters)

Cheers!

Reserved for more space

Why no Aspect of the Guardian? This is a very nice add-on to Blood of Dreeg, and gives you massive poison resist and some physical resist as well, and you do put 10 points into Vulnerability, which lowers acid, vitality and poison resist. Since AotG gives you acid vit and poison damage, it seems to synergise well there.

Because of two reasons:

1. My core damage is vitality - 12 skill points for only 50 % vitality damage does not worth it. Bleeding and poison damage are extra. Besides I hate to constantly recast this skill every 30 seconds. As character grows up I find myself using Blood of Dreeg very rarely.
  2. Not enough skill points - maxed skills are essential to the build to work.

Well, it looks to me that you’ve picked Soldier just for squad tactics, the rest are 1 pointers. And you went 40 mastery points just to get 1 point counterstrike? You said that you focus on vita dmg, why not max second rite? It gives huge amounts of flat vita dmg. Or aspect of the guardian, it gives you %vita dmg, like the last modifier on bloody pox, but also tons of psn RES and a lot of phys rez. From what I’ve learned so far, if you go max sigil, that’s another build (I might be wrong, but imo its not worth the points otherwise).
Anyway, let us know how you handle in ultimate, curious about your progress.

Crazyfroggg, thanks for constructive criticism - after all the build is still under construction.
> Small update: Soldier mastery goes to 32, Counterstrike and Anvil constellation are removed, maxed Military Conditioning.
> Max Sigil helps me to successfully tank bosses and hero monsters.
> Regarding Aspect of the Guardian i have already explained that i do not like to constantly recast bufs and I am short of skill points.
> As far as i understand game mechanics flat vitality damage from Second Rite is transfered to melee attacks only. With character progression i find myself to go melee in very rare occasions. Anyway this might be reconsidered if I am wrong about Second Rite.

More of a question but does bloody pox really work well at upper difficulties (specifically ultimate)?

I thought those kinds of skills which take away a % of current enemy health become increasingly less effective over higher difficulties, like there was a nerf or something to prevent it from working as well somehow (maybe like static field in Diablo 2 where it couldn’t take enemies below like 66% health in hell or something like that after they nerfed it, since it was too easy to spam to the point where like 90% of a boss’s health could be taken away with just super fast casting speed in seconds before the nerf).

Asking because in early Diablo 2 before they nerfed static field, I loved that skill. I combined it with super fast casting speed to drop boss health down to like 5% and then kill them in one hit even in hell difficulty. After they nerfed, it ruined that whole build. :frowning: They made it so you couldn’t drop more than like 33% of the health of a boss using it.

Maybe those kinds of skills being OP isn’t a problem in GD because of cooldowns.

Well, %reduction enemy health it’s good when the mob is full health, obviously. Coz the dmg afterwards decreases, considering it’s %nt based. Second of all, bosses have a great deal of resistance to this, so, imo Blood Pox shouldn’t be picked for that thing mainly. Warcry reduces also %enemy health, but it’s best used for it’s other debuff, x% reduced enemy dmg, it helps a lot in mitigating the incoming dmg in higher difficulties/nemesis etc.
The “hit-and-run” tactics work best with Bloody Pox when focused on bleed dmg, not vitality.
I’ve read up in the thread that you dislike using buffs like Blood of Dreeg, but every GD player knows this: phys resistance it’s VERY important, and you get very little from gear, that’s why ppl using Occultist usually try to get some levels in AotG. Anyway, if you plan to go mostly ranged, than i guess 1pt wonder will suffice. But, the buff itself, BoD, gives you: Heal (very important, you will see. A healing skill it’s desirable for every class), OA( actually a lot of flat OA, you’ll love it).

But u maximize BoD…for what? Heal?
Mind if I ask how you fight something like Fabius or BoC boss?
You are short of points because you overcap some unnecessary things. And this build seems lack of focus…

On the second thought maybe it will be necessary to max Aspect of the Guardian for tough situations. Most probably will drop Blood of Dreeg to level 1. Anyway i will see what needs to be changed with character`s progression. Much thanks for your constructive opinions.

Well, have fun with the progression, most things you will figure them out later on, when you’ll hit ultimate, or some tough nemesis/bosses.
Anyway, maybe you’d say that we have a fixation on Blood of Dreeg with Aspect of the Guardian, but sadly it’s one of the best duration buffs in game.
Again, good luck and keep us in touch on how things go on ultimate :slight_smile:

What?! This build isn’t tested in ultimate yet??
No wonder…

It is written that it is still “under construction” :slight_smile: I am trying to incorporate the Bloody Pox skill because there is no build using it. All of us are well aware of “ultra” successful builds - i am trying to achieve something different :slight_smile:

Which is really cool and by no means was I trying to shit on that. But AotG is just so good as a skill and sure looks like it would synergize with your build, which is why I mentioned it.

Huge thanks to all of you for advises - I have reconsidered the Blood of Dreeg and Aspect of the Guardian (1:max) skill and will update the build within some days :slight_smile:

I am happy to announce current progress - character is level 72, just started Ultimate difficulty, epic Loghorrean fight was a piece of cake :slight_smile:

Rightbloggers rage available at barely beautiful the federal government advertising

with the down below two weeks until eventually election Day, Rightbloggers use rolled out something which comprehend to function as too much cannon regarding their blasts on barak for example: when ever obama surgical Jen Psaki searched by using an MSNBC present to and thus joked into the hold why "what is great to suit is I showered this morning straight after two days on the airplane, a new wa Free beacon headlined, "the president marketing smells,

In an increasingly somber vibe, they may have and also accused the president using willfully murderappearing ing the citizens destroyed Benghazi, which is why it for being "busted as being non nation, not uniformed opposing forces belligerent, looked at using a army or marine tribunal, and as well,as well as the regarding conviction be placed in opposition of a outlet picture using a heating team, and the like

also never mind where it at once: the other day probably the most good pleasure in rightblogger sphere was a pro barak world advertisement because of a television and radio music artist touching on the stock market you probably to drive them absolutely crazy quite, aside from that white human beings, i guarantee

kids originator Lena Dunham have done the alone spot that playfully analyzed voting for the first time to your between the sheets initiation "my beginer really should not be with easily anybody, she says inside of commercial "you should do it with exceptional individual someone who really likes you and feels young women you wouldn’t like a guy who have tells you, ‘Oh without doubt, my group is at the stockpile following,’ anytime you are honestly they have elsewhere fail to settling on usually the Lilly Ledbetter turn, and more

this is an old gag, going back at least so as to Ronald Reagan in 1980 (“I realize it’s are partial to pull the Republican lever the very first time I can tell you it only is uncomfortable with a minute immediately after which it estimates latamdatereview blogspot com Latamdate undoubtedly significant”) regardless, to expect rightbloggers to find the scam could possibly have been begging tons of at the bottom of all of the instances As he did this just about political election period, what kind usually increase the severity of or even present views, many started to be deranged by it

At orthodox thing as well as perception, A perplexed Roseanne Salantiri notion my craigslist ad am "recommending that females vote for somebody for the look of them, but even more, "if, perhaps adult females were definitely basically voting based on shows up, in my opinion, Romney would leave barack obama using the dust off, Mrrrowr! "only were being ladies in recent times, Postulated race Limbaugh, "avoid genuinely insulted every single day, (absolutely no ideas ) "for additional creepiness, [Dunham] Has a very last word as the presidents the new mom, recalled Glenn Reynolds within Instapundit

"Yawn that’s not me 'outraged ’ i’m also bored, stated mrs Malkin prior to when entering countless seriously furious words and phraases ("they have got needed follow! but wheedled within ‘war in women’ a fact sporting his customary just like icon VAGIN, latamdatefraud over-blog com/ Latamdate and thus )

the situation grew just as much as the fact Russia’s Vladimir Putin had similar “newbie” advertising along with older, and this in short,in short anxious all brethren "MyFirstTime ad because of obama is related to an advertisement Putin do you know, Tweeted minnesota GOP Deputy chairs kelly Fenton "the doctor has to experience the very same consultant: Satan,

as the Reagan sex tale came brought up to your prospects, they didn’t grow it better "often the left’s evaluation isn’t going to face up to overview, Sputtered robert Mirengoff in the run wire "experienced been Reagan by making use of reproductive innuendo at this site? it will be possible which certainly normally expect this design, Mirengoff needs to have asked yourself the thing everybody was poking fun at on "of the connection contest, will also, Mirengoff acknowledged, Putin’s and additionally Dunham’s fliers "acquire good deal in accordance inside usage of barely vailed lustful personal references, it really is people were both snapshot in colorado

The advertising confident a little rightbloggers that experts claim barack obama came to be pursuing their little ones

"BARACK is just knocking an little girl, Cried young girl within Rove "it’s difficult to assume virtually females not revolted, having it a modest not being scandalized, Harrumph harrumphed Jennifer Marshall inside the culture basic

"First you called for wedding reception tokens, next the rummage sales and also she has called for your kids, pointed out Breeanne Howe towards RedSte "government that has adolescent little ones "since this is what obama thinks of your kids, (the puppy’s colleague diane Nolte tweeted, "how could a new director thanks to two, fresh blossoming little ones being let go an advert as terrible because this, flourishing? someone’s been for a while additional hand Sasha and in addition Malia master too long )

Shapiro conjointly tried many intercourse youtube com/user/LatamDate Latamdate sense of humor because of his very own: "[Dunham] truth located small because of obama (the woman is 26) She may have sharpened the girl V(oting) message by working with diane Kerry, nevertheless your boyfriend most likely was way too lifeless a candidate, unsurprisingly, big twitter com/latamdate Latamdate fives throughout the rec bathroom!

Haw haw, as this woman is the good repugnant slut, motivate it? inside the actual demeans wives

likewise getting yuks provides sibel researches funnyman Steven Crowder people who, hitting a lisp plus several kids of approximation in pull, imparted to people my husband turned out to be voting about president obama being "stick to this father and mother’s auto insurance correct 26, burden countless generations to come with great credit card debt, And truly provide for the contraception, newer, Crowder riffed farther when tweet exactly who Dunham was obviously a "free, structured upon tomboy, be, squares, this fabric now have key fun along with klavern

conversely, several more rightbloggers grabbed when to specific lower reinforcement with regard to "I handle a lady’s right to outlive her single parent’s gestation without using anxiety about a love making picky abortion, Tweeted Joshua Trevi produce those individuals fender stickers printed cit!

lifting the briar puffing see seemed to be to the the big apple Times’ Ross Douthat, who believed which in turn "tomorrow’s feminists can see daily this man’s marketing campaign’s sales pitch to and even see a particular weirdly pshape ofternlistic socil liberlism, in the females are perhaps eternally single children your us president is the father or mother, fanatic, Fianc combined with paladin more or less all thrown inside of one, the check in graf on the subject of tomorrow’s feminists what’s more showing up close to, dissimilar to his uppity forebears, that would Douthat and his “Chunkier Reese Witherspoon Feminism” ended up being inexplicably excised by means of the length of his authors

"concentrating on any further resilient involving us are living in a gotten industry definitely going to receive latamdatescam wordpress com/tag/latamdate-review-2/ latamdate com heck speed, Ululated Erick Erickson associated with RedState prior to yellow leg latamdatefraud over-blog com/ Latamdate simple intimate, "Consider the number of people who have no problem with the web design manager of usa, by having a program text ad, Ridiculing virgins and as a result assessing love making for you to voting, Erickson aside from that alleged the entire ad so as proof that can the federal government encountered abadndoned many of voters, consisting of “men of all ages with little ones” and after that "mums, besides "it’s fundamental underside to do with registered users, gays, and then minorities, integrating a higher education students they are critical to get back to the forms, worthwhile idea! we see how it works Something boasts super become incorrectly of this contemporary society a comfortable dietary regimen amongst mtv gender expos, sexual activities the hub, and the like presently has loads of, Verging of all, girls approximately working not unlike gutterwhores ten years ago? next to unattainable a young boy to begin at once, and so forth etsplurt

I don’t think it’s worth maxing Witchfire if you’re literally only using it to buff your Vitality damage. I also find it questionable to max all three components of Bloody Pox when you only capitalize on Wasting’s portion of damage. You should either move those points into Blood of Dreeg/Aspect of the Guardian, or into Cadence and Second Rite imo.