World Editor: Layers seemingly not working

Hey guys.

I recently started modding in the form of level/ world building. But with no modding background whatsoever I’m stuck with several issues I find myself unable to resolve on my own. One of these issues being that for me 90% of the layers used to create atmospheric world (e.g. sound/music layers, climate/weather layers, bloom layers) don’t seem to have an effect on the world at all. Since some of them actually do work (like if I create a climate layer and choose the wightmire_foggybank.dbr for it) I feel even more puzzled as to why the others do not.

Here is what I do after selecting the .dbr file(s) from the drop down menu and applying the layer to an area: go to layout mode → rebuild all pathing → rebuild all maps → save all → go to asset manager → build the mod → test whether it works ingame. Set up my asset manager according to Elfes tutorial and when I checked the directories pathing noticed, that the additional browse directories where partially messed up. But i corrected this and re-extracted the games files - it did not resolve my issue. Would really appreciate if someone could help me out with that (push me in the right direction).