Would a Farmable endgame Pet Set be a good idea?

We have SR set, Dark One, Krieg, Vanquisher and now Morgo for non pets.

But for pets, you are pretty much stuck with faction items and random legendaries until you can farm up a relevant Set.

So how about something like the SR set or perhaps a Pet Version of it?

It could be something with generic pet stats and conflicting with other pet sets so as to not become over powered or anything. Just something to act as a stepping stone in-between budget gear and full sets of legendaries.

Poll time:

• Yes, Pets could use a Farmable Set
  • No, Pets already have plenty of budget options & that is enough.

0 voters

Also, as always, feel free to comment if you have further thoughts, different ideas etc regarding this.

2 Likes

Wouldn’t mind pets getting a target farmable set, we have ones for melee/ranged (e.g. Krieg) and multiple for casters (e.g. Dark One/Vanquisher). Why not throw pets a bone?

Alternatively, I think you’ve suggested giving the Shattered Realm set pet bonuses before or would a dedicated pet set be preferred?

1 Like

I forgot about Vanquisher :stuck_out_tongue:

As for including Pet bonuses to the SR set, I did suggest that but not sure if that would make the set feel bloated or not.

Plus, considering that the relevant stats from the SR set for pets are only Player defensive stuff and the +2 to skills, might be better to simply make a pet version of the same instead.

Voted yes, but only if it supports Skellies

1 Like

Another hybrid set like Diviner sound good, hmm how about a piercing or aether pet set.

1 Like

I imagine the set would mirror what it does for players to pets so basically:

• Each piece gets % all pet damage and some resists/OA/DA, standard stuff for pet items.
  • Set bonuses provide CC resists to pets.
  • Full set proc applies the total damage modifier/damage absorption to pets as well.

Though, looking at it now, it’ll basically be a worse but easier to assemble Beastcaller so not competitive for end game pets, just an entrance-level set.

1 Like

Pierce (inherent pierce dmg, flat sources & RR) is basically non-existent on pets, so would require some heavy work to make it viable. Aether already exists partially with Diviner.

I was thinking more in the sense of a generic set that all pet classes could use.

Aye, perhaps the proc could be changed into something else instead, or an extra pet since it it will occupy the slots for all other Pet sets.

Shatterguard, even if it would apply to pets, doesn’t seem like a good proc since given its 3 sec duration and requirement for <50% health for it to proc, you don’t want to rely on it with a pet build.

just realized my post was a bit vague.

Since lost souls is all about having a legion of fragile skeletons, I’d do a new set that goes the other way around.

How about a new set that reduces the amount of skeletons per summon, but makes them 100% sure to be either a Knight or a mage. Or even (if codeable and doable in a reasonable timeframe) a new type of skeleton, that would be more resilient powerful. Maybe wielding a 2-hander, or dual-wielding ?

Damage-wise, I’d see physical/cold. The cold hand of death grasping your foe’s throat.

For other masteries, it could focus on:
Shaman: Primal Spirit, with a faster attack speed and stat shred. Damage converted to cold
Occultist: 2 ideas:

• Either having cold bird, with the ability to slow enemies
  • Or having more stats buffs on Bonds of Bysmiel

Another idea to mix inside all of that, a skill provided by the set, a skill triggered when hit, with Terror retaliation, to underline the fact that, when wearing this set, foe’s fate is sealed. Can’t fight death.

Of course, it would have either a ring, an amulet or a medal, to avoid OP combination with Bysmiel’s trinket

1 Like