WPS skill mod conversions

So, looking through some of the skill mods for WPSes, I spotted 2 oddities being the ones for Feral Hunger and Necrotic Edge.

Neither of these do Physical damage to convert so I can only assume that the conversions on both extends to the Physical damage from other sources. How far does this go exactly? If either WPS triggers, does it also convert:

-Your weapon’s base damage?

-Flat Physical/Trauma from buffs such as Steel Resolve/Deadly Momentum?

-If I am using Fire Strike w/ Explosive Strike and trigger either one with the skill modifier, will it also convert the Physical damage on Explosive Strike?

i’m pretty sure %weapon damage always applies based on your current weapon. So if you had a fire weapon that literally does only fire damage the skill mods you mention would be worthless, but most weapons do physical damage so it would affect those.

changing %physical into some other kind of damage generally has a huge effect because of this- most weapons are physical (and/or piercing, though that would be a separate conversion)

also anything converting TO physical would also convert the dot portion (burn, frostburn) to internal trauma, and vice versa. Unless you’re converting say physical to chaos or aether- in that case IT damage would remain IT because there is no chaos or aether dot dmg.

I’m aware of how conversions to or from work, what I want to know is if I’m right in my assessment of how the conversion skill mods for WPS work. Because if so, they can be decently powerful alternatives to conversion if you gather enough of them together or in the right circumstances i.e. using a single M. Edge of Death with MA/RS means that half of your default weapon attacks are Vitality-based.

1Your weapon’s base damage?

2Flat Physical/Trauma from buffs such as Steel Resolve/Deadly Momentum?

3If I am using Fire Strike w/ Explosive Strike and trigger either one with the skill modifier, will it also convert the Physical damage on Explosive Strike?

1 - of course, reaping strike doesn’t deal any physical damage, the item you listed mentions it converts damage. That would have been quite the oversight if it doesn’t work but I see no reason why it shouldn’t include weapon damage, that is how conversion works.

2 - these are added to weapon damage, so why wouldn’t they be converted?

3 - possibly not, explosive strike is a “secondary” modifier so it follows strange rules. It would require testing.

Thank you ASYLUM101. On topic of Explosive Strike, I was basically wondering if the conversion on a WPSes skill mod extended to the default weapon attack’s damage when it triggered or not but I suppose it won’t. Something like this isn’t easy to test either unfortunately :undecided: