Xbox version questions

Cratemen are the best devs in the world. They will never cancel their plans. Expect it soon as they polishing the version to be at its finest form. Sales will blow the company coffers to smitherings and before you know it, Switch and Ps5 versions will follow.

I hope so. I would love the Playstation port.

Seems unlikely atm.

" Why did you choose Microsoft’s console for Grim Dawn? Are there any chances to see it on other platforms such as PlayStation 4 or Nintendo Switch?

A big part of it is that it’s easier to port from PC to the Xbox. It helped that Microsoft was very interested in the port and helped us get set up initially. Sony contacted us initially, but communication broke down so we prioritized the Xbox.
Whether we do other console ports in the future remains to be seen, but for now, our focus is on the Xbox."

Still maybe they’ll change their minds. Also depends on whether Medierra considers it the best use of the company’s time and effort.

1 Like

Xbox sales will determine a lot.

This has just been posted on Crate’s Grim Dawn FB page

" A quick heads up on the Xbox Port, as that has been a topic of some discussion in the comments section of late.

As you may have guessed by it now being 2020, our original estimate of releasing the port in 2019 may have been a tad ambitious.

But the good news is: the Xbox port is 100% still coming and the extra time it’s had in development is only going to result in a better experience for you as all of the PC version’s major content updates will now be included right away!

In the process of working on certification requirements, we felt that additional optimization would ensure that the game you will be seeing on console will look and feel as awesome as it does on PC, without compromising on visuals and gameplay by removing objects from playable scenes.

The upside of going above and beyond on the engine work is that performance will be even better on both console and PC!

Stay tuned in the coming months as we approach the finish line and the Xbox port is in your hands!"

1 Like

Thanx Medea!!! =)

how long since they announced?

I think it was late 2017/early 2018 that they announced the port to Xbox.

so is it normal to take this long? after my pc broke i decided to buy xbox instead. since then i am waiting them to release xbox version. btw i am huge fan since alpha version but haven’t tried second expansion pack because of this . i am very sad about this.

Well, as said earlier in the thread, Medierra wants to bundle the game for Xbox so GD, AoM and FG and until FG is finished they can’t do that - simple. Hopefully it won’t be much longer to wait.

i do not understand why it took so long. is every company needs that much time when they wants to port to xbox? i am waiting since first announcement i don’t know when, it was 2 years ago? it feels like 2 years :slight_smile: i think we deserve exact time to release at least.

Well Ashes happened and then Forgotten. Porting to Xbox brought improvements to the PC version and we’ve no idea what else Microsoft needs in the way of certification. The devs will give us a definite date as soon as they have one.

I am not trying to say your opinion is wrong at all, I know how you feel. For me though, I rather the game come out on Xbox and be awesome no bugs at all or at least very small minor bugs that can be fixed fast.

I say take the time to do it right. While it sucks having no information, I am guessing Crate or their publisher don’t want to promise anything so they don’t have to make a delay announcement if not ready to a high standard.

This way we get no Fallout 76, Anthem etc.

I am still waiting, or I should say, I am no longer waiting for Fallout 76, and haven’t bought Anthem, lessoned learned, so I rather wait for a release than wait for a fix. Still over a year and for me, lots of games released still haven’t been fixed.

Look at Stellaris port. No information, and still no fixes for bugs that people have mentioned.

So we wait. I can’t wait for Grim Dawn to come on Xbox, but I will wait for quality.

1 Like

This is my feeling.

I don’t mind the wait, and would prefer they deliver a quality product, I just wish they would keep their player base in the loop with little updates.

Something simple like…

Added newest expansion and worked on getting it flushed out…

Sent in request for xbox certification and now wait…

Just something to give us an idea of where they stand.

My main thing is just couch coop and you can’t tell me they don’t know if it will have couch coop or not, this is a very requested feature that they could give us little bits of news on.

Got the game on steam, but since the announcement of the xbox port im sitting on the fence till the console version is done. I know that the Microsoft certification its a hard and a long way, but do you, guys, have any rough estimation of the approx. release date??

From 13th January

From FB

Grim Dawn

16 June at 20:24 ¡

A quick update on the Xbox port, since so many are asking about it:

Yes, it is still coming and nearing completion.

We’re in the semi-final phase of going through certification testing with an outside company. This process involves them testing and submitting bugs or non-compliance issues, then us fixing them and putting out new builds for testing.

Once this is complete, we will submit GD for certification with Microsoft.

After that, it is just a matter of Microsoft finding a release slot for GD in their lineup. Once that occurs, we’ll have a firm release date we can share for you.

It will likely be at least a few more months but hopefully before the end of the year.

It has been a somewhat slow process because we are, after all, a fairly small team and there is only 1 programmer doing the port. For those worried about PC updates slowing the port, that shouldn’t be a concern as they’re independent pipelines with different people working on them.

1 Like

Still hoping to hear whether the game will be couch coop or not.

You guys have to know by now whether it will be in the game or not…?

:rofl: You’re crazy. 0% chance for coach coop, even if all employees were working on it and not one.