Zantai please improve this [Mythical Edge of Death]

Thing is the damage is so underpar at the moment, that a tiny improvement just won’t cut it. Even with a green double rare belt, almost perfect rolls. With all procs active, including dying god, deadly momentum, fighting spirit. My sheet dps only goes to 130k.

Perhaps this sounds mroe reasonable to you:

• Remove flat vitality modifiers for reaping strike and markovians advantage
  • Changed to a dagger
  • Added 100% physical damage dealt as vitality to cadence.

To me this doesn’t seem good enough and i highly doubt it would be. Even with a bit more aether conversion. I think if we added everything i said originally AND global conversion it would be a bit over the top.

I’d say that BK itself needs sth better for soldier support rather than almost useless CS. Cadence would be OK, with some ranks/conversions.
Weapon needs improvements too, as it’s really underwhelming.
Also Decree of Malmouth looks far better despite lacking AS as it gives ele->vit conversion for SH and way more % damage.

I agree with you wholeheartedly. The counterstrike thing just doesnt work well.
Ive tested decree of malmouth, it doesnt work well regardless of how you build it, you need those soldier bonuses from the weapons. That is better with an oppressor build (edit: i mean’t ritualist)

Check my build. For the moment Blugrug’s Plagued Edge is the best Vitality Melee weapon but for the sake of WPS modifiers I used Edge of Death with that. You reach better dps and have %50 ele>vitality conversion.

But sure why not let’s make it a dagger with Cadence modifiers.

I’d be OK seeing this become a Dagger with Vitality base, though.

1 Like

Interesting suggestions @Ymiraku and I think they are totally fine since Cadence mods only affect the third hit anyways, so the damage conversions would be fine in my opinion.

I do agree with @fordprefect that maybe it should have Bleeding Damage instead of Physical Damage as Vitality/Bleeding go together with sets and items very well. I think doing these changes would be good for Vit/Bleeding DK.

I had thought about Blug’rug’s Plagued Edge this past week and I came up with the idea to have it give some Bleeding Damage mods to Harbinger of Souls since it already gives ranks. That could help reinforce it’s Vit/Bleeding stats and make it work better for Bleeding DK.

Making it a Dagger could help as well so you don’t need to dump points into Cunning. :+1:

:mag_right:

1 Like

You’re forgetting that making it dagger with pure vit base make it absolute certainty you’ll have to use 2x of them because it won’t have any physical>vitality conversion anymore like other daggers.

But I’m okay with making it dagger with aether>vitality global conversion and physical>vitality Cadence/WPS modifiers.

then it will require spirit :smiley:

This too isn’t exactly great, and is pretty much the best we can get with this build. Maybe some bonuses to cadence instead or all the points in markovians and reaping strike which dont really help at all

Actually, I forgot you need both Cunning/Spirit for Daggers, so could be worse having to dump points into both! :thinking:

Chiming in with a non-meme reply now that I have a bit more time.

The weapon functions. It’s not great, but it can be made to work.

Confirming, also, that 20/16 Cadence seems to be the upper limit for EoD Blood Knight.

18 Flat Total RR to a WPS isn’t as appealing nowadays as it was prior, thanks in part to improvements to Terrify that can apply the same RR value more consistently to the whole screen. Those that have followed my posts here/on Discord will know that I’ve never been an advocate for legendary skillmod slots being “wasted” on WPS, at least not without those skillmods being totally gamechanging. Those skillmods will only be viable 25-30% of the time. EoD’s skillmods are no longer gamechanging (the RR was the highlight, it is not anymore, and FWIW Terrify is only now getting some time in the sun so I wouldn’t want its buffs reverted).

I like the idea of EoD becoming a Dagger, or at the very least receiving a Vitality base as a Sword. (History suggests that weapon archetype changes are very highly unlikely; Blazeheart being changed was a consistency thing with Stormheart, and Stormheart only got changed because it was wildly underperforming as a Sword. There are other archetype changes in the past, but none come to mind by name and none strike me as being very recent at all.)

Conversion mods to Cadence are kind of weak for the same reason that WPS mods are weak - they only affect the build a fraction of the time, and at that, alter a fraction of the damage that you weren’t building much of to begin with. Converting Cadence’s Physical away is in most cases inconsequential, and is the reason why one can feasibly take Discord for the 10% Damage Amp on non-Elemental Cadence builds if the flat Physical itself is less than 10% of your total damage output; reminder that Deadly Momentum is unaffected by Discord if you have sufficient global conversion!

Not necessarily weak because it will convert the flat from deadly momentum to the cadence hits, there are already conversions for markovians and RS. There are very few active skills in the build, most the damage comes from cadence, wps and random gear and devo procs. 100% conversion will be alot better than 83% (tops) and having it on cadence alone will avoid any real dramas. I actually like the flat RR on the WPS, it frees up devo space and functions surprisingly well when it is on both.

1 Like

Only if you don’t have good global conversion. As I touched on in the “spoilered” chunk of my comment, conversion mods to Cadence do not directly affect Deadly Momentum. The process is

• Deadly Momentum gives you flat Phys
  • That flat Phys is subjected to global conversion
  • The result is put through Cadence’s weapon damage
  • That weapon damage gets converted by Cadence’s conversion mods, if any

Thus, conversion mods to Cadence usually don’t apply in full effect/aren’t necessary except in very fringe/niche circumstances.

1 Like

Im pretty sure that all free flat phys will be converted regardless of the source but only to cadence if the modifier is specific to the skill. If global conversion is still going to the same type then it doesnt really matter, any that is left over will get converted through the modifier.

Sure, and if you don’t have 100% global, it will be a dps increase to have a Cadence conversion mod. But it’s disappointingly inefficient.

Consider the scenario in which you have 66(.666666…)% conversion.

A 100% Conversion mod is really only going to convert the remaining 33% of damage that your Global doesn’t affect.

And at that, it will only convert it 33% of the time (Cadence hitting once/three hits, DW oddities notwithstanding).

So in reality, a 100% mod is actually just an 11% damage improvement on average (for this hypothetical build), which makes the 100% deceptively unimpactful (well, 11% damage is quite good, but it’s not 100% damage is my point). TL;DR, it doesn’t exactly do what it says on the tin.

OTOH, if you had a 25-35% Conversion modifier to, say, Field Command, you’d not only get the same benefits but also improve whatever procs you were running and improve your hits between Cadence procs.

1 Like

yeah i get what you said, you are right im just tired. What i was getting at is removing the global conversion in favour of a cadence only conversion won’t hurt because most the damage is coming from cadence and random vitality procs.

Ahh i see what you mean, well in that case might as well just put 50% global on each weapon and not worry about a conversion modifier for cadence.

1 Like

Funny i actually thought that flat and conversion (from a modifier) gets applied to the inbetween hits also with cadence but only the weapon damage bonus affects the third hit

Eventhough you see not much value in those WPS modifiers; when using DW Cadence %100 WPS is important and having more damage/points on them obviously useful. The problem is that lack of Cadence points and physical/aether/elemental>vitality conversion. It’s not logical to ask one single weapon to fix all problems of the archetype.

We don’t have proper vitality gloves for melee builders. I think a vitality gloves that gives AS and Cadence modifiers is more suitable solution for the problem. This way vitality cadence can be used as 2H aswell and a new item with new possibilities; maybe it also support vitality nightblade for reaper/witch hunter and tricksters. And Edge of Death can stay as it is(preferable more base damage and bleed support)

3 Likes

i agree mostly, i guess i was looking at the double conversion modifiers on other weapons and thinking that it would be nice for edge of death. I like the modifiers for RS and markovians just i think the +2 to each of these is a bit redundant when points in cadence is already so low. Perhaps high global conversion on the swords in line with your idea and then a 100% modifier to cadence from aether on the gloves would be nice. or something long those lines.