Zenith Miniblog: The Elementalist (Part 1)

SURE

The second mastery of the Zenith mod (albeit the first one I’m completing) is nearing completion! Much of the mastery has been fleshed out with repurposed/edited game assets and unique mechanics; indeed, the mastery may create some newfound playstyles to delve into…but more on that later.

I decided to build the Elementalist first for one very simple reason: to release its high-demand skills to the public in its own independent mod! That’s right, soon enough you’ll be able to test out many of the things I’ll show below in the base Grim Dawn campaign with no additional changes. Yippee! So let’s see what the mastery has to offer:

Legitimate Skillbuild

Well that’s a clusterfuck. Thankfully the mastery comes with its own organizational structure of skills:

Yes I know I misspelled ‘Lightning’. Blame the gremlins.

While Crate exhumes a sigh of dread since I’ve merely retextured many of their assets, let’s take a look at the ‘spammable’ skills of the mastery; you see, each element has two skills to go along with it. One skill is spammable, i.e., no cooldown. The other is more powerful but does have a cooldown. Each element also has a Tier 9 Active Skill granting powerful capabilities to the user. Anyways, spammy skills:

(Damage Values Subject to Change)
(Damage Values are also Modified by Gear)

Well, that all sure seems fun, eh? Shame that we are still bound by base damage types and so combining these skills together probably isn’t going to be especially viable. Wait a minute…

Every element has such a skill; if you bring all 3 to 3/3 (or 4/3, which may not be possible outside of the Zenith mod) any elemental damage type will be evenly split between Fire, Lightning, and Cold, allowing for perfect synergy with any elemental skill. Combine Fireball with Ice Surge with perfect viability!

Like what you see? Check back sometime between now and the end of the world to get a taste of what else the Elementalist has to offer.

Looks pretty cool so far.

I’m assuming you’re touching itemization and perhaps devotion as well?

Have you touched on level design for your campaign?

Looks cool! I can’t wait to try out the lightning skills! Kind of surprised, but the ice skill looks kind of interesting too. I guess my only reservation is the lack of skills. Like you said it looks like each element has a spammable spell and a strong spell. It seems like you want to kind of push the user to select multiple elements instead of just one. Would you be opposed to adding more skills to each element? Or do you want people to branch out into other elements?

Dual Mastery, devotion, item skills and so on should probably remedy this I would think.

Can elementalist reflect some persent of incoming elemental damage?

To stimulate mana oriented itemization is it possible to increase outcoming damage by some conversation of mana pool?

Probably a stupid ? but what did you change the name of Demo+Shaman to?

Looks awesome. I count myself among those looking forward to using the stand alone mod. I am curious about one thing, though: I notice there are no transmuters present. Is this an intentional decision or something that hasn’t been implemented yet? I always wonder about the thought process that goes into which abilities receive one and why. Along with the inverse of why others do not.

Much thanks for the hard work.

By the way does terror knight get autoshield attack skill as Titan Quest’ defender class?

Itemization and Devotion will be completely overhauled:

The world is still a major work in progress, but its getting there. Still haven’t solved the annoying bug I was experiencing a week ago but also haven’t tried to solve it either. Don’t expect to see much more of the world anytime soon.

I wouldn’t be opposed to it but I’m starting to lose mastery real-estate (room to put skills in the mastery), plus I don’t want to clutter up a player’s hotbar with tons of active skills from a single mastery. There are nine elemental active skills, two elemental buffs, and one extra skill presently in the Elementalist mastery. A few passives too. I may add another ‘extra’ skill but I don’t think I’ll be making anything else for the elements.

Elementalist has some Damage Reflect, but its not as though you can pick and choose what you reflect. As to your second question…you mean like a buff? Sure, we’ve got two of those.

Potentially. :wink: Terror Knight Only has three skills in it at the moment…although Champion is going to be the Shield-heavy mastery, so I may put that there instead.

Haven’t decided yet. :stuck_out_tongue: It’s not a stupid question.

Really its both a design decision and something that hasn’t been implemented yet. Transmuters ought to change up the way a skill functionally works, in my opinion. Right now, I haven’t really thought of any ways to change the skills in the mastery short of ‘give cooldown for more damage’ or ‘remove cooldown for less damage’. The skills themselves are actually all pretty inventive and there’s a lot you can do with the base skills.

His mod is replacing all of the base classes. There is no demolitionist, nor shaman, in Zenith.

I’ll be releasing the Elementalist alone into base-grim dawn at some point soon; when I do I’ll need to change the Shaman/Demo combo. Or I guess I could get lazy and leave it. >.>

I mean more mana oriented items we have on - more powefull buffs increasing our damage we will get. So mana not only source to cast spells but is way to increase something else.

It will be very nice.

and who is Vagabond class?

Ranged mastery.

this only small idea of mine

is it possible to add skill on devotion ? if so add more skill for tier 3 devotion, give it 3 since it tier 3 (add extra node if can for more overhaul). i hope this happen :stuck_out_tongue:

one more idea to choose:
elementalist could have a skill like trap that burn mana of enemies in some radius.

It already has something better. :wink:

Looks interesting,
cannot wait to try it out :wink:

Is the elementalist going to be the only one to be stand alone by the time you release the full set?

Or would you also have the other classes as stand alones for compilation purposes?

Great work on the elementalist, I really like it, I always wanted to have all elements in one class to play around with. :stuck_out_tongue:

So much caster build possibility, it already feels unreal !

DAFUQ is this ?! Terror Knight ? I want it !

I am drooling over the Elementalist! Hopefully this will be released soon.