[1.0.0.4] Cadence Witchblade - 100% unkillable, 100% faceroll build

Update patch 1.0.0.5: with new buffs, mainly to blitz, blitz is very strong now. this build got huge buffs and due to being able to easily cap all res even freeze/stun. this should be a very strong build for crucible i will be testing this one first and update if i have any

This is a proc based build focusing on physical dmg 1hand cadence/blitz. It is a ridiculously tanky build enabled by overguard being refreshed by markovian 5pc. The AOE dps is quite strong with single target dps being reasonable but not op - sharzul kills about 20sec. Most people think cadence suck, which is kind of true, so we won’t be competing for bosskill speed with blademasters but due to ridiculously tankiness, but we can run BoC half asleep on HC without giving a shit. no attention paying required, only faceroll.

Dps is obtained through stacking very high amount of flat physical dmg through lvl 22/12 menhir bulwark, shield training, and markovian items. combined with a fast 1hander and a massive amount of -resist through CoF, black matriach, mark of the assassin, and blackstar of deceit.

Markovian’s 5pc gives -2sec CD on a 3sec cooldown, much like a prenerf Belgothian carnage. This refresh blitz/oleron’s might which we can spam quite often , it also refreshs dryad which has 100% chance to proc on olerons might due to skill being on CD, so you get a dryad heal everytime u use oleron’s might on a 2-4sec CD. but mostly: overguard.

Overguard is a supremely powerful skill that not only supercharges your shield but also gives a massive %hp regen bonus that multiplies with ur blood of dreeg+menhir bulwark flat hp regen to hit ~1000 hp per sec constant regen without even overlvling it; and if u ever proc menhir’s will, u will have even more ridiculous hp/s. it also gives flat dmg absorb like blastshield which the reason you can stand in poison/chaos ground stuff and not give a shit. this is on a 18sec CD that lasts 10sec, however since it is an active skill, it is refreshed by markovian 5pc so the uptime is almost 100%. This is the reason we are utterly unkillable.

[v1.0.0.4]Video: Full BoC run, sharzul takes about 20s

[v1.0.0.4]Video: mad queen, takes about 30s

GrimCalc, With +skills. +5 soldier and a few singles. The last point can go to chariot instead of unknown soldier if u want to be more defensive. the last few skill points can be move around from blindside to menhir’s will or overguard if you want to be more defensive.

stats: i rebooted an old char, so its mostly physique, you can put more in cunning if u want more dmg, as long as u have enough physique to use all the armor. which is like 850 or so

http://grimcalc.com/build/taM7Uzk

Gameplay:
LMB: cadence (devotion ability blindfury)
RMB: Blitz
keyboard 1: oleron’s might (Devotion ability dryad)
keyboard 2: blitz
keyboard 3: Overguard
mousewheel up: blood of dreeg
mousewheel down: curse of frailty (devotion ability falcon swoop)
middle mouse: potion
zolhans technique devotion ability mark of the assassin.

pop CoF, charge into the middle of stuff and face roll across 123 on keyboard. keep up blood of dreeg / use it as back up heal.

Boss tips All farmable bosses, sharzul/madqueen etc are a joke. just facetank and spank. hard hitting onces like the above two can occasionally proc my menhir but i’ve never died on the completed build before.

BoC trash / heros are a joke, u can sit on piles of chaos ground shit and dive into deathrooms with head up the ass, it really doesn’t matter, u can’t die as long as u press a couple buttons.

Gearing:
Head:Markovian’s visor sancified bone or leathery hide
Shoulders: Markovian’s vanguard scaled hide
Chest: Markovian’s Platemail Chains of oleron
hand: Justice Handguards unholy inscription,
Leg: Chausses of Barbarosancient armor plate
Relic: Oleron’s Wrath
Weapon #1Reaver’s Claw Blood of oleron + outcast %phys/pierce augment
Weapon #2Markovian’s Bulwark Battered shell or imbued silver+ outcast %phys/pierce augment
Ring #1: Ring of the black matriarch corpse dust +survivors ingenuity
Ring #2: Ring of the black matriach corpse dust +survivors ingenuity
Neck: Markovian’s distinction Dread skull, survivors ingenuity [/b]
Belt: Reforged chains of oleron dense fur
Boots: Golemborn Greaves Mark of mogdrogen
Medal: black star of deceit Arcane Spark

Resist enchants vary a bit depending on the rolls on ur gear.

FAQ:
Q: You have 116% runspeed, are you fat irl?
A: No, but i probably run slower than 116% and throw like a girl.

Q: physical build with Unknown soldier wtf?
A: Unfortunately reaver’s claw converts 25% of phys dmg to pierce including flat dmg from skills this sucks but there’s no good alternative as far as i’m aware. maces are the only 1handers that don’t have %pierce but there aren’t any good ones and they are slow. Since we have the prereqs for oleron anyway. It also gives good stuff like OA, %hp, crit dmg etc.

Q: Markovian 5pc mechanics?
A: 15% chance when hit to reduce all active cooldowns by 2sec, proc on 3sec cd. This works on devotion abilities, component abilities like slam, character abilities like blitz, but NOT passives like blastshield/fighting spirit.

Q: does %pierce on sword apply to shield abilities?
A: no, thats why we choose blitz over transmuted blade arc as blitz uses the shield’s dmg which is not only higher than the sword but also doesn’t suffer from the 25% pierce conversion.

Leveling guide:
level with 2hand blade arc:
Start soldier, rush mastery to blade arc, max it, then rush to laceration, max it. 1 point in blitz for gap closer, then rush to oleron’s rage, max. then pop a point in occultist and max CoF. Afterwards get soldier passives then more points in occultist for the passives as you see fit.

basically pop CoF and bladearc away.
start with falconswoop/hawk, then lizard to get kraken. afterwards slowly work ur way up to oleron, getting dryad/assassins blade on the way to level those skill.

Get a high dmg 2hand mace from vendor on a high lvl char , or do the best you can if its ur first char, attackspeed isn’t that important, just high base dmg, a white one is fine. when choosing gear, make sure to get decent armor values and get armor absorption up with scaled hide/field of command. use ectoplasms if you need mana, if its your first char you can farm those from ghosts in A2 spined cave or something like that.

Go all physique early to use high lvl armor/weapon.

At lvl 75 spec to real build. devotions are straight forward and no backward speccing required.

In closing:
I think its very stupid that we have to put up with 25% pierce conversion in a physical build simply because theres literally no other good alternative. If anyone have a solution or have a suggestion for a better weapon choice please enlighten.

Attachment: devotions.jpg
Attachment: Bonecleaver.jpg
Attachment: ax.jpg
Attachment: town.jpg
Attachment: buffed.jpg
Attachment: feelsbadman.jpg
Attachment: 5 toggle.jpg
Attachment: offense.jpg
Attachment: defense.jpg
Attachment: abyss.jpg
Attachment: abyss.jpg
Attachment: plague.jpg
Attachment: plague.jpg
Attachment: gd-witchblade-devotions.jpg
Attachment: gd-wb-1.jpg
Attachment: gd-wb-2.jpg
Attachment: tyrants.png
Attachment: Devotions.jpg
Attachment: mace.jpg
Attachment: 1.jpg
Attachment: 2.jpg
Attachment: 3.jpg
Attachment: 4.jpg
Attachment: wb.jpg

Awwww, you ninja edited… :frowning:

Nine uses a similar version of this too, I copied from him. Using a green weapon over the Reaver’s Claw. Unsure if he went Oleron’s Wrath or something else.

TL;DR looking good.

Nice build :slight_smile:

Mine is similar but I struggle with offensive ability. I can’t figure out how your getting much more than me when we have basically the same gear. It’s driving me crazy lol :stuck_out_tongue:

Also is your stat pic with overguard up ?

yes on overguard - i shoot SS with it up because in combat its pretty much always up due to markovian’s 5pc.

i struggle alot with OA too, i initially went for dire bear but scratched it for chariot/hawk to get more OA. so the 2500 OA is with blood of dreeg up.
i get alot from devotions.

the relatively low paper OA isn’t as big when you consider the 200+ DA reduction from blindside which is basically extra OA for yourself. also fighting spirit gives OA part of the time as well. i think the present lvl is sufficient

never see Nine post any builds besides the old PB one.
which green weapon is he using?

I think hes talking about the bone scyth weapons. I use one too. It’s hard to get good rolls but they can be amazing for this build.

Heres mine so far:

I’m still trying to get a better one, same with my boots for more OA.

losing the +skill suck, but that should be an upgrade, where do you farm it?

The troggs drop it but the best place is the secret shop in blood grove. A lvl 74 is the best you can get and it can get some really good stats, I farm a few times each day to try to get the perfect one :slight_smile:

cool, will give it a shot

To fix the OA problem, take fevered rage. It makes a huge difference in killing speed.

Yeah but no matter how tanky my char is I don’t like the idea of giving the enemy so much OA and attack speed. You only really need OA more against bosses and giving the bosses that much more offense is too risky for me.

It’s not even slightly risky. I’m able to effortlessly facetank Fabius with fevered rage on him.

I used fevered rage once and had scary moments vs big mobs…but I was a caster :stuck_out_tongue: It’s totally viable with tanky ass characters and it’s fun as hell too

Great build. finally some real use of blitz and blindside!. COF look brutal It’s just amazing that you get 50k crits casually with a weapon that has such low damage, even with all the + flat phys damage you have. This build seems to do more damage then your recent physical warder.

Question. Does the debuff from the rings stack or do you use both just to proc it more often and COF boost?

They will not stack with one another because they are the same debuff.

Thanks Nine.

@Jajaja. About the weapon. You probably have thought about this but already, how about:

Frenzied Imperial Mallet of Ferocity . Plenty of added flat physical damage, OA, attack speed and a proc for even more attack speed and OA. Should be a hard hitting weapon. If you want even more attack speed with a bit less flat phys then Frenzied of Fury.

Maces are very bad with cadence because the slow base attack speed penalty has negative synergy with cadence. Swords and Axes are much more reliable.

Hmm ok. How about the Bone Scythe Crixus posted but with Frenzied of Ferocity / of Fury on it?

That would be fine.

I love Witchblade-Builds and as usual jajaja did a great job “exploiting” gamemechanics and coming up with a great build. Just one question: is this build viable without all these items? I don’t have any Markhovian-Set-Item nor the rings (though I have the relic, the boots and the handguards).

This should be called the “Boring Build” since I would regularly fall asleep while playing this type of character… Oftentimes I would be running into a wall and just couldn’t die. I’m maybe level 65 now?

@Nine, are you still using the same setup you have on your Twitch page including Devotions or did you make any changes?

@jajaja: Looks good and certainly increases the damage you can put out making this more offensive. I was using Targo’s Hammer, Maul and the skill from the Autumn Boar. Not sure how different it would be compared to yours though - I got too bored leveling it up to even wear the Markovian’s Set! :frowning: