[1.0.0.4] Cadence Witchblade - 100% unkillable, 100% faceroll build

I really like the look of this build, I love tanky builds and been looking for a decent sword and board-build. Planning on starting to level a character today, I have pretty much every item needed, except for the relic, since I haven’t found the recipe anywhere. How important is it exactly? I’ve had the worst luck today with drops on my Blademaster. Been farming nemesis’ like mad and even did couple of full boss runs to break the monotony and only thing I’ve got to show is a stupid Fateweaver’s Mantle I got from a random elite. :frowning:

oleron relic is good but not essential at all. use juggernaught if u dont have it

Thanks! I just dinged level 75 and have all the stuff besides the relic now on my character. My Defensive stat is a bit lower than what you have on the screenshot, but I just quickly tossed some crappy rolled items on, have to start optimising them at some point. :slight_smile:

The way CoF proc falcon is so sick :smiley:

Then i would recommend emp sentinel’s seal as an alternate second ring, it bring some good defenses.

Yeah, i never knew Falcon Swoop could proc with CoF. But it makes an awesome attack to clear trash mobs and deal heavy damage to large bosses.

can you please post a grimcalc without +skills ? :slight_smile:

I second the request for a GrimCalc without +skills. If someone is trying to follow a build, seeing it without +skills is way more useful than seeing it with +skills and then trying to manually subtract everything to find out where to put points. :smiley:

A couple questions I have:

I understand the reasoning for taking Blitz over transmuted Blade Arc, but what are the reasons for taking Cadence over a non-transmuted Blade Arc for the LMB skill? Seems like going the BA route would free up some points, at least.

I noticed that the axe Damnation doesn’t convert to piercing, but does do a 15% to Vitality conversion. Do you think a 40/50(occultist) or perhaps even 32/50(occultist) variation of this build would work with this axe and stacking Vitality damage rather than physical? Kind of rolling this idea around in my head, but I’m not familiar enough with all of the gear.

Thanks!

markovian set is built around physical dmg so going vit would be wasting the massive amounts flat and % physical dmg on the set

one of the reasons to take cadence is for flat dmg on deadly momentum, since 1 handers do very little dmg on their own but hit fast. u need to stack alot of flat dmg to make it worth while.

the second reasno is that deadly momentum buffs all your other attacks, including all the procs, oleron’s might etc. its not just for the actual cadence attack.

1 handers also hit very fast, and BA’s bleed/trauma deosnt stack with it self, so it should work better with slower 2h on the transmuted version.

I wasn’t envisioning using Markovian’s, that one would be a different build altogether… was just trying to brainstorm and figure out if a 1H+Shield vitality Witchblade could be any good.

Thanks for answering that and my other questions as well!

Out of curiosity, why don’t you use War Cry? It stacks with COF and also reduces damage, making you even more unkillable. :wink:

warcry doenst stack with blackstar and we want the resists on blackstar also

Wait, is this valid?
Warcry’s debuffs are totaly different from Black star,
so they dont stack because of some similar mechanism that i dont see or because its some kind of bug?

flat resist debuff doesnt stack, warcry & blackstar are both flat resist debuff

I’ve been wondering how you could tank Mad Queen so well. And then i noticed that it was Oleron’s Might reduce target damage debuff. Now i can tank her and kill her in around 30-40 secs. I was wondering though, do you use Mark of Divinity or Black Star of Deceit against the Mad Queen?

So yeah, pretty great build.

dont need MoD vs her on this build. i dont think she’s ever dropped me below 50% tbh

I’ve been using Black Star of Deceit. Tested it with Mark of Divinity and don’t really need it tbh. She did procced Menhrir’s Will a few times tho (critting twice in a row with the double claw attack).

Ok, so i have to ask now:

War Cry itself has NO flat resist debuff, Break Morale has. So why not use Black star + War Cry? WC is pretty nice with % reduced life and less dmg debuffs

The % health reduction does literally nothing, barely touches even poop monsters in ultimate. Does nothing or v close to it vs heroes and straight up 0 dmg vs bosses

Damage reduction is nice, but if you don’t need it then well it’s not so good :stuck_out_tongue:

As mentioned above, the reduced hp sucks in ultimate. Also olerons might already does 20% reduced targets dmg.

Looks like you cheated. Because i trying to replicate your character and its cannot be. With real stats and real skill points on max level its imposible. Thanks for cheaters-build, man.