[1.0.0.6] Infernal Tremors build showcase [Pyromancer]

How is this build faring with a enemy OA buff in the main campaign?

Well, the OA boost on mobs isn’t enough in hotfix 1 for Fabius to be a threat even if I forget to use BWC half the fight while staying in damaging AoEs as shown in the video I added. Didn’t take the time to try before that.

The build was designed as a proof of concept, but it was with Crucible in mind so it has high staying power. The only real drawback is energy management. If anything, it now performs better than in 1.0.0.6 because of the 1.0.0.7 buffs imo.

Valbury for example, wasn’t an issue even while face tanking the whole flames part in hotfix 1, so that was with the 60 seconds cd on energy pot. Only the boss was dangerous because I’m still not sure of his mechanics. The cc + resistance reduction can be dangerous, although I don’t remember him even procing my MoD. The Terraformer boss before the locked gate is a complete chore and you will run out of energy while fighting it, even with 25 second cd on the pots :undecided:

Wouldn’t have cared if you would’ve died 100 times in Valbury. I am not going in there not even if anasteria gives me a blowjob. Thanks for info Sober. My Pyro is almost ready (Lv. 63). I’ll switch at 75 and let you know how my experience was

No problem, just remember that energy is the most limiting factor of the build so it’s not possible to spam Obsidian Tremor everywhere unless you get creative and borrow the help of some enemies :wink:

Updated OP with hotfix 2 info, mainly just removing the stuff about extended cooldown on energy potions.

I know 1.0.0.8 hasn’t arrived but what’s your take on this build’s performance in that patch?

Eating the Demolitionist, ADctH and circuit breaker nerfs in the face at the same time, ouch.

ADctH can be mostly made up with new Restless Remains if the new value on Warp Shard isn’t enough, but survival is sure to take a hit regardless. Was testing with dropping Lizard and Kraken in favor of Viper and Watcher in 1.007 (http://grimcalc.com/build/1007-9mIcvN) and after the patch it will possibly be the most reliable way to go depending on the damage reduction to mobs.

Aether Warlock version will probably be the most efficient use of Obsidian Tremor between those two builds after the patch, since only the circuit breaker for crucible is getting adjusted negatively and it doesn’t have to rely on energy absorption.

Mark of Divinity?

Have you considered testing w/o Warp Shard? Maybe Haunted Steel + Empowered Essence of Beronath combo?

Also i noticed maxed Hellfire Mines while tedious to use are good i don’t need them most of the time due to shotgun. But i respec vs. Shar’Zul or Log just to be safe

Aether version is using Avatar of mercy for crucible only.

Dropping a source of energy absorption on this pyro build, such as Symbol of Solael, is not a good idea imo. While just using transmuted BWC on a secondary weapon set can do the job if you run out of energy and energy pot is on cd, I definitely wouldn’t recommend to drop the measures taken for it to happen as little as possible.

The GrimCalc of this link is broken cause of some errors in GrimCalc that are again affecting Demolitionist mastery

So anyone in this guide be patient and wait for fix

Thanks for the notice, updated the grimcalcs with the ones I was using in 1.007.

I’ll be testing and possibly update stuff if needed for the 1.008 changes, just the latest GW2 update taking priority for my free time for now, so in maybe a week or two. :stuck_out_tongue:

Haven’t tested yet, but restless remains could very likely replace spellwoven threads with their new ADctH, using something like impenetrable crafted heavy boots of kings could also be an improvement (although not new to 1.008 that one). Quite a bit of nerfs to the items and skills on the build with 1.008, I’ll need to see what it does in practice before making conclusions.

Edit: just tried to kill Fabius in the campaign and ended up never going below 50% hp face tanking everything even after running out of energy for a few seconds because I killed all the arsonists… I’ll test in crucible later but it seems I can replace some defensive measures for more offense. Also poor Fabius, what have they done to you? :frowning:

This build has got me the farthest I have ever been so far but I am still having issues in Ultimate (Nemises fights) and doing high Waves in the Crucible. Is the infernal knight set really that necessary or is there some comparable replacements?

IK set is really optimal here. It boosts both damage types the build focuses on, as well as one of the primary skills. It also provides a good chunk of physical resistance and chance to evade projectiles. Maybe pieces of the epic flame keeper set could fill in while you gather the IK pieces. Emp. Warp Shard is actually the most important part of the gear after Obsidian Juggernaut, really need all that ADctH. Worth noting that the build is a bit less effective than all currently available videos show because of nerfs to demolitionist skills and a good part of the gear in patch 1.008, even if it can still clear gladiator with full gear.

For crucible, I tank all the later horde waves with my back to a corner while mowing them down with tremors and BWC. All the maps except Crucible of the Dead allow you to do so while under the effects of a lvl 3 defense banner, Crucible of the Sands providing the best spot next to the vendors. With Possession, you can still do this even in a disruption cloud from Abner or Pulv’Daroth heroes.

For more dangerous waves, like 137 with Anasteria, the wave with the 3 bosses from the hidden path, Mad Queen if she spawns, and boss wave 149, I just kite as much as possible while laying down BWC and shooting tremors at my back. You can try to face-tank stuff a bit when Blast Shield is up. The balance change that made the effects of BWC only last two seconds really hurt here. Also Shar’zul is a major pain if he spawns on wave 149, I often abandon my 10* multiplier if he spawns, and do so 100% of the time if he spawns together with Sentinel.

As for nemeses, Maiden is really awful here. She’s the reason you absolutely need the anti-cc crucible buff and even then it’s really awful if she’s paired with Fabius or Benn (stupid immobilize, that guy is a joke when alone but his very existence means you won’t be able to kite). Zantarin and Moose are easy to kill like seen in the little clip, even if they take a bit more time after the 1.008 nerfs. Valdaran I face-tank with blast shield up and stay just outside of melee range and range him down the rest of the time to be safe.
You can try to kite Maiden and Fabius around your banner while laying BWC if needed to save some time until a defensive cd refreshes.

I’ll take the time to update the guide with at least an up-to-date video of Fabius over the week.

For a tremor build in 1.009 what’s the best choice now in class combination?
Pyromancer
Warlock
Sorcerer
Battlemage ?

This Pyro version was the best of the two concepts at the time I designed them, but nerfs to demolitionist and IK set in parallel to the buffs to flat damage in Arcanist and Occultist made the Aether version of Obsidian Tremor the most efficient I tried yet in the current state of balance. Mine is a Warlock but I’m relatively confident a Sorcerer version would work a little better even if it would require MIs to cap resists: Click here to view equipment configuration

I’ll actually try this in practice and compare it to the warlock version once I get stonehide bysmiel pants, if ever.

I can’t find much merit in a battlemage version. Blitz for mobility is nice, but a Riftstone on the second weapon set suits me fine enough. OA you also get from Occultist and Sorcerer, and DA is high enough already. I guess Warcry is nice but imo it doesn’t compete with the mitigation Sorcerer or even BoD + Focused Gaze provide.

Regardless of the version, I eagerly await to drop a few Mythical Obsidian Juggernauts once the xpac hits :smiley:

My sorc at the moment:

Still need tweaking and devotions are not leveled yet.

I picked:
Fiend
Widow
ToL
Behemoth
Manticore
( had to drop kraken :cry: )

Clear speed is really good thanks to 192% ATS and tremor/flame torrent/agrivix malice combination.
I prefer transmuted CT here since i don’t like devastation and weapon swapping.

I’m just worried about toughness with that low health and DA.

That’s really nice, I wouldn’t have thought of using the Agrivix set for this and would have just adapted my warlock setup. I’m guessing something along those lines: Click here to view equipment configuration

Could you list the dps of Obsidian Tremor when bound to right click so I can get a better idea of how much Solael Witchfire holds up to Vindicative Flame + Flame Touched?

Is the ADctH from the pants enough for a Fabius fight? I’d still use a second hammer on swap with haunted steel just for tough fights.

Tremor dps (idle)

damage

I only have 3% adcth on pants so fabius fight is not so fun :rolleyes:
Have to consider haunted steel.

Is this solely for Crucible, cause i play this build in Vanilla and i didn’t notice anything

Aether was a bit better in the campaign and worse in crucible before 1.008, now it’s better in both the campaign and in crucible imo.

But this pyro version still works nicely and still has a good chance in gladiator depending on the nemesis spawns (screw maiden, absolutely use the anti-cc buff in case she spawns).

I’ll add a video of Fabius and MQ this weekend most likely.

edit: OP updated

Nah, not asking for videos like most people (since i know it takes time do this stuff)

Heck i only asked cause i was confused about what you were talking about since this build still looked fine to me when i updated

Now i see what you meant, not going to bother with Warlock mainly cause i am sick of seeing Arcanist Casters and love how you made the Pyromancer work