[1.0.0.6] Markovian/Warborn Commando - Juggernaut - high physical dmg shield build + Crucible farmer

Quite lucky, only 15 or 20 crafts to have it.

Thanks for pushing this one to the front, i actually find this build more appealing than the witchblade ones ( i love demo a lot) and after i ripped on my hc char i wanna try this out.

So here are the obligatory questions about leveling and grimcalc without +skill.
i tried bleed bladearc but i found it to be a bit squishy and i found a lot of enemies kinda resistant to bleed, so any recommendation for leveling this badboy? i assume demo for superior aoe? devotions would be ased on that i guess, but i am still too new to have a clear idea about a fun and fast way to level soldier builds

greetz

Nah no need to force yourself to play Blade arc for leveling. Personally i like to play the intended build as soon as possible.

Blitz is Fantastic for AOE and face smashing both early and late game. My advice early game put around 5 levels max in Cadence, 1 fighting form, slowly max Deadly momentum (very important), max blitz slowly Blitz (+1 Blindside for AOE), and then start maxing Bulwark. Put Falcon Swoop on Blitz (51% chance and hit’s 2x) early and then Assassin’s mark on Cadence. You will destroy content. Remember to put some Ectoplasm in Jewlery because Blitz costs a lot early game.

I wouldn’t level with demmo, I don’t find Cannister bomb to be that fast. It’s spectacualr early game sure but has long CD. Blitz + Deadly momentum+ Bulwark feel very good friom start to finnish. (Don’t forget some life steal, You can use a Hollowed fang early game in weapon and later on haunted steel, any item with vampiric or of voracity affix)

If you are HC careful on stats, maybe not so much cunning like I did:) And don’t forget at least 6-7 in Blast shield

Edit: On cunning, don’t get me wrong, the way i distributed them is 100% viable end game, Gladiator crucible whatever you need. Just make sure you have the equippment to back it up and at least ~ 1800-1850 DA. Unlike Witch blade this build goes full on both masteries so we cerrtainly have the stats and health to back up cunning investment

Incredibly helpful insights, thank you so much. i didn’t think of blitz as a useful aoe, since the radius and amount of targets hit is quite low, but i was stupid enough to put swoop on cadence before so ofc it felt super lackluster as a proc. blitz cd is also enjoyably short.

now i can’t wait to try it out :slight_smile:

last thing: how many +skill do soldier and demo each have? are fighting spirit and zolhan 1 pt or more? just so i can adjust the grimcalc for leveling etc

Markovian Version ends up with +4 soldier and other independent +skills from set pieces and Warborn Gavel.

Warborn ends up with + 5 because of headgear+amulet+shield (siegebreaker or Vanguard of the Legion).

Fighting spirit and Zollhan at one point yes.

Also on Blitz again, the 5 targets on Blindside are actually +5 targets. So Blitz + Blindside= 8 targets. and hits 2x so binding Blind Fury on Blitz end game is very viable, especially on MArkovian that makes Blitz more spammable. It feels very good

holy shit! awesome, that’s all i need to have fun in this game :smiley: thanks again for the clarifications :slight_smile:

Hi. Do you have any suggestions on gear and equipments for those who doesn’t have the end game full set gear? Be it epic, rare, craftable or common legendary drop that could be use to compliment this build. It would be great for new players :wink:

Rover boots and gloves, Legion armor and hat, Vanguard of the Legion shield, Tyrant’s Bonescythe (“farm” secret shop in Blood Grove), (Empowered) Legplates of Valor pants, any +1 skills amulet, any rings and medal with attack speed and/or OA, Warpath girdle belt, any +1 Soldier relic. This should get you to act 4 Ultimate easily, Soldier is broken. Just shuffle your augments/materials to fix resistances in different areas.

Quoted for the truth!

Pretty much what GeneralCash said. Also Guardsman and Empowered Guardsman set are nice to have even if uncompleted, especially shoulders.

About soldier being broken, it’s because of the low phys damage resist of monsters coupled with Break Morale, which Warborn overcaps to the max. It’s perhaps one of the reasons they are working on debuffs for the upcoming patch.

Also as a note, any updates on the build i have delayed until after the patch since Warborn might be nerfed and there are changes in devotions

Break moral is the least broken thing about Soldier. It’s mostly about Cadence having higher flat damage than the Fire Strike tree, while having the same weapon damage as the Savagery (and 1x 500% is better than 3x 160% because of how it works with bleed/trauma). Not to mention it hits 2 or 3 targets. Then you have the best passives in the game… Oh, and then there’s the shield, which makes you indestructible because flat damage reduction works in a stupid way. Don’t forget that physical damage is the least resisted damage type in the game, and no other class can use it effectively. I could go on, but you get the point.

I did mention it:p

It’s like you said all of them put toghether that give this result. Same conclusions were drawn in JoV’s soldier only build.

But i have a feeling some things will change about this with the coming patch.

Edit: and about savagery they unfortunatly made it a bit too weak unless you are bleed or lightning build. Same for Blade arc. If you are looking for big hard numbers you have to go bleed build now

Can u please post a build without +skill points…also I would really appreciate writing down the devotions since I am so bad at reading them from the calc

I posted without + skills and new devotion. For warborn you just switch around a bit according to your liking,i wrote about thsi too in the update. Screenshots have been updated with improvements to dps + 1.0.0.7 nerfs . There will some main game videos like Valbury and Fabius.

Devotions are straigth forwart on Oleron side. When you have enough devotion points to get charriot too just remove points from oleron, get raven then charriot than hawk,remove from raven and refill oleron.

I don’t see any blast shield points in grimcalc links, and do you go 50 demo mastery just for stats?

It appears Grim calc is undergoing some changes/updates. It refuses to show blast shield even though i tried to fix it. I will tri again later, it should have +5 in it.

This build can withstand a good amount a of cunning investment. Max mastery gives us more cunning and compensates for lost health and physique. There are enough skills to go around in spite of this. Only vindictive flame i’d like at 11/16 and that will happen with exapansion.

Hello,
I start in the game and I set up a commando.
After testing a version with Firestrike, I decide to test yours.
I find that I am either cruelly lacking DPS or AOE, can you help me solve this problem?

Have anyone tried this build in 1.0.0.7H1 crucible?
Especially how it feels like during wave 145-150.
The impact on physical resist reduction, Targo’s Hammer, etc are not shown on menu’s sheet values…

I did today. It’s pretty much the same:)

Instead of a 220K crit you’ll get a 215K crit…for example. It doesn’t feel slower.

This is bcause this build supports a lot of cunning insestment and patch 1.0.0.7 improved cunning. So in reality we didn’t get hit much by the other nerfs.

The witch blade build on the other hand was hit more becuase it does not support cunning much and Curse of Frailty was nerfed also.

@Nafel. Give us more detail. I’ll be off for the holidays until the 27th or so. Post more details about your problems and someone will help. I will make the Video updates for Valbury and Fabius when I return

Edit: Grim calc seems to be undergoing changes still and refuses to show +5 to blast shield as it is supposed to. I will fix this on my return if the calc won’t work within the following hours

The difficulties I encounter are the following: in my lvling phase, currently 43, I just killed the boss at the end of the story and I really grieved for lack of DPS and AOE.
So I wonder if your build is only viable for the lvl 85 with the equipment that goes well and so I will have to leave on something else the time of lvlup or so I crashed somewhere …
I looked on the devotion side, but I did not find much aoe in phys.