[1.0.0.6] Pyromancer 2H ranged - Did you ever wanted to facetank fabius with ranged build?

2H RANGED PYROMANCER TANK

First char that I made in GD was DW pistol pyro. I liked the idea of gunslinger in RPG game. It was fun playing on veteran, bit less fun on elite and complete disaster on ultimate. He could obliterate whole screen full of trash mobs in less than a second but also would die in one-two hits from Fabius.

Later (much later :slight_smile: ) I managed to kill Fabius with it, but it was to much running around, kiting, and praying not to be crited for my taste so I quitted and made sorcerer, dual wield pistols at first 2H ranged later, but result was the same, to much trouble and to much kiting to kill a nemesis.

In time I made so many other (melee/caster :slight_smile: ) builds that even forgot about that issue. But some time ago, since due to crucible tankines is in, I asked my self: is it possible to make ranged non caster character capable of facetanking Fabius but not losing to much of dps and clear speed?

Answer is yes it is possible!

So ladies and gents without further introduction (like this wasn’t enough :D) I present to you 2H ranged tank build:

Grim calc and devotions: http://grimcalc.com/build/1007-3A1LOl

Without +skills: http://grimcalc.com/build/1007-j8RXfg

Pay special attention to devotion setup, its a key for tankines

Devotion bindings
Acid spray - fire strike, eldritch flame - solaels flare (symbol of solael), healing rain - any aura

Since after each patch grimcalc tends to bug skill points distribution here are pics of mastery’s:

What makes this build so tanky?

Most of all devotion setup. Solemn and obelisk are giving abundance of DA that makes it practically uncritable. Obelisk is giving flat armor that coupled with physical resistance from sailors supported with physical resistance from armor and AOG and two scaled hides for better armor absorption makes hard phy hitters, like Mos, joke. Not to mention transmuted BWC for -25% phys dmg.
TOLs healing rain is by far best defensive devotion proc, period. With CD reduction this build have its CD is 10 secs and 8 secs is up so almost perma. With BOD and healing rain on, your life regeneration hits ~650 per sec.

But that’s not the best part. Picking manticores acid spray for flat resist reduction source instead of black star is allowing us to equip MOD with its marvelous proc that activates when you hp goes under 30% and gives you 3 secs of invulnerability. Harbinger set has passive defensive procs that activates when your hp gets below 50% and gives you +500% to chaos dmg and 100% evasion (dodge and deflect) for 8 secs.

So it goes like this: Blast shield activates on 70% hp and last for 4 secs with cd of 10 sec, harbinger activates on 50% hp and last for 8 secs, MOD activates on 30% hp and last for 3 secs, and if in some case your hp after that isn’t higher than 70% blast shield activates again. Super tanky!
Just for reference Fabius and Moneybags Martin combo needed almost 1 min of hitting without me hitting back to penetrate those 3 defensive procs supported with usage of BOD, tonic of mending and BWC. Pore Moneybags after that was with his HP next to 0 due to retaliation dmg and burn from BWC.

Also to make it even tankyer there is 7% ADCTH from lifegiver signet.

Concept of the build

As stated earlier I wanted to make ranged build capable of tanking anything this game can trow at it, and I almost succeeded, but Mad Queen is not 100% facetankable, she can get nasty so its better, sometime, to disengage and kite for couple of secs. Probably with some changes you could make MQ 100% facetankable but that would put your dps on low end and I wanted this build to keep high clearing speed, characteristic for range builds of its kind.

Good clear speed is the basically main reason I picked pyro instead of WB. Picking WB and going cadence will give you higher dps, but noting can beat fire strike line in terms of aoe (brimstone ftw).

So basic concept is: Uber tankines with good clearing speed! What would you ask more :slight_smile:

Attribute points

You can almost play with them to your liking, it wont change much.
Basically you need physique to up your DA above 2,25k, that makes you uncritable, and to gain some HP.
You can put in some cunning to up your OA and crit chance/dmg.
Some spirit if you want to rise your dmg and get slightly better energy regen. Phys/cunning/spirit ratio of this build is 60/20/10

Gear

You could definitely go with more offensive gear but like in any of my builds goal is to cap resistances, arguable but I like them caped.

Stating that this build uses:

1. Harbinger set - Components - leathery hide, consecrated wrappings, symbol of solael - Augments - 10% Aether res, 7% Aether/Chaos, 60% Chaos/Vit dmg 15% of 15% rr 15% Chaos res

2. Infernal knights jacket - Kilrians shattered soul - 7% A/C

3. Wraihbourne legwraps - Scaled hide - 10% A

4. Ulzuins torment - Rigid shell - 10% L/7% A

5. Stonehide exalted threads of kings - Mark of Mogdrogen - 7% A/C

6. Warding BennJahrs pauldrons of Kings - Scaled hide - 7% A/C

7. Peerless eye of Beronath - Focusing prism - 20% to all dmg, 2% OA/DA

8. Lifgiver signet - Mark of Illusionist - 20% to all dmg, 2% OA/DA

9. Impervious cronley signet of atack - Mark of Illusionist - 20% to all dmg, 2% OA/DA

10. Mark of divinity - Arcane spark

11. Solaels decimation

In closing

You can tweak this build to be more offensive or more defensive its up to yours liking. But making it more defensive is not worth imo, more offensive could work. I tried to hit the balance with tankines and dmg output, and this setup even if its not at the balance is awfully close to it.

Peace out!

Really nice for pyro, bro, but why so little reduced resistances, points in Blast shield and no Curse of Frailty(best pair for Eldritch Fire)??

Thx :slight_smile:
If you are talking about HF mines, its low quality of life skill and I use it only on bosses/nemesis. That said this char have 30 resist reduction from acid spray, -20% from eldritch fire, -20% from Habringer, -23% from HF mines and 15% from augment, so its pretty solid rr imo.
About blast shield, lvl 8 is more than enough for this setup. Since I didnt have to much points to spread around and achieved more than enough tankines, I found it better to invest those points into some offensive skill.

Edit: This is chaos dmg build so COF dont help you much :wink:

Edit2: I forgot to mention symbol of solaels -10% chaos rr.

Added some stuff, more to go.

Really interesting, will maybe updated my pyro :slight_smile: Could you explain stats on MI stuff ?

very cool! i’m leveling up a harbinger pyro myself and i am certainly missing some tankiness from my commando. moosilauke was a bit of a pain (i’m just level 78 at the moment). same as above, could you elaborate more on the MI’s? thanks.

Thx guys :slight_smile:

Updated all planed content, you will find info’s about gear at the end of 2nd post.

P.S. With this setup old Mosi is joke but be aware of freeze this build doesn’t have much freeze resistance, tho I never used HF ointment when killing Mos.

I guess you could take Ulo instead of Panther to help deal with Mad Queen. Probably the most sensible sacrifice for this would be ToL’s 8% health node.

Please post at least one link WITHOUT the skill +s from items :slight_smile:

Currently using divinesteel hauberk, empowered legplates of valor and shadowflame mantle, i don’t have the infernal knight jacket yet :frowning: aether resist could be improved. Your devotion setup is indeed tanky but energy regen is hard to come by… Nevertheless i am still melting everything in sight so all good :slight_smile:

Yep, tried like that also, assigned Clensing waters on doom bolt and use it to remove her aura, but even with that is not 100% facetankable :frowning:

When you lvl up TOLs healing rain to 10/10 you will not have energy problems.

Edit: IK jacket is not to important for this setup so you can keep DS hauberk or take ulzuins chest or something else. I took it mainly for some minor bonus to phys resist, ulzuin is more offensive.

Forgot about that sry, updated, you can find it at the end of 1st post :slight_smile:

Please provide details on Devotion skills taken within this build :slight_smile:

What sort of details?
If you are asking on what skills are celestial/devotion abilities assigned than: acid spray - fire strike, eldritch fire - flashbang, healing rain - some toggle skill, preferably vindictive flame cuz it has lowest energy consumption but its not so important.

How do you spec into manticore? all i see is 5 eldritch Affinities while Manticore needs 6, getting Kraken will take quite a long while too, should we take other constellations while leveling?

How is this build for a first character btw? seems to require Harbinger Set for the survivability-chain, but i have no idea how difficult it is to get :smiley:

If this build requires too much gear for a beginner farm char, do you perchance have a suggestion what build to look out for? (should be able to efficiently run ultimate, since i am not sure how much time i can afford to reroll often) no preferences for playstyle aside from fast clearspeed for leveling

Greetz Rhagius

Look more closely :wink:

Sry Im not huge on leveling guides and tbh I leveled this char with full offensive devotion setup and its easy to lvl up, but it is gear dependent.

Cant judge about that, first character I made was also pyro and I finished ultimate with average gear, was bit hard but manageable, later made some more tankier build to be able to farm for items.

Any full set is difficult to get imo.

By far best is some pet build, tho I never played one, dont like it. Other than that some sword and board phys dmg build is great for farming, blademaster is good also if you are not planing to run crucible to much,…pick the one :smiley:

Thank you for answering, but i just don’t see it, the 6th eldritch affinity comes from manticor itself and it lists only 6 eldritch in the upper corner. What am i missing here?

Pet Build seems like a great idea, thank you :slight_smile:

6 eldritch is what you need, you dont need more.
P.S you know about respecing devotion points right? Take something that gives eldritch than take manticore and then take out points from that constellation that gave you eldritch?

thaaaat explains that :smiley: so you just took something like torch and just specced out of it afterwards? Good to know ^^" Thank you, again