[1.0.0.6] Pyromancer 2H ranged - Did you ever wanted to facetank fabius with ranged build?

Thanks for the update! :smiley:

JoV,

Between this 2h pyromancer and your 2h sorcerer build which do you do you feel is stronger overall? I saw on another thread that you felt that the pyro had better single target and the sorcerer had better aoe/clear. What areas in the game do you think they both excel in as far as the three dungeons, nemesis farming, and crucible?

Both are solid, pyro is tankyer, less gear dependent with higher single target DMG. Sorcerer has better AOE. So overall I would give slight advantage to this pyro build.
For main game nemesis farming I wouldnā€™t recommend any of those two builds, its not because there is something they cant do, they can do all nemesis and finish main game easily, but they are somewhat slow for my personal taste. DW blademaster or if you would like ranged build 2H ranged blademaster are much more suitable for that, faster with better single target dmg.
For crucible in the other hand I think that these two builds are more suitable cuz they are tankyer, pyro especially.

Just returning to the game and was playing a pyromancer before too, any chance you will be adding a leveling guide? Thanks for the build!

Sry Im not to big on leveling guides, there are to many ways you can efficiently lvl up almost any build so I leave to your personal tastes to chose pattern.
Personally I tend to lvl up any build in a way that is supposed to be played in end game, ofc if that is possible and here it is.

How do I get the fourth Chaos point in Devotion ?

Take jackal than take manticore and solaels blade and after that respec points from jackal. Same tactic with eldritch just take hawk instead.

Hey Jov, great guide as always!

How much of an effective DPS difference is there between your 2H Ranged BM and your 2H Ranged Pyro Tank? On a Dummy for example, whatā€™s the TTK for the Pyro Tank? I know itā€™s probably much slower than the BM but I have no idea if itā€™s 2 times slower or more like 5 times slowerā€¦ I know the strength of the Pyro Tank lies in its AoE DPS (and itā€™s tankyness obviously) but I have no idea how he fares regarding single target damage.

Iā€™m planning on creating a new ranged char and Iā€™m hesitating between those 2 buildsā€¦ hard decision. The Ranged BM looks a bit less fun to play than the 2H Ranged Pyro to be honest, so Iā€™d be leaning toward the Pyro but not if it has abysmal single target DPS.

Thanks! :slight_smile:

Thx :slight_smile:

I didnā€™t measured in 1.0.0.7 but before that is was something like 2,5-3 times in favor of 2H ranged BM, in dummy kill times.
But dont be tricked by this difference, 2h ranged BM is extraordinary when it comes to single target dmg for ranged builds, its single target dmg is almost like best melee builds. Pyro is pretty much like every other ranged build when it comes to single target dmg.
As for trill of the play I personally find BM to be more interesting than pyro, but thatā€™s just my opinion.
Pyro is pretty much just hold lmb, BM needs a bit of knowledge and skill, you are playing on the edge especially when facetanking nemesis.
Tho if you are planing to do crucible go for pyro.

finally chose Kymon in Ultimate, in Darkvale now and I am clearning a bit slower due to Chthonics having high chaos resist. at least wonā€™t have to face frikkin Iron Maidenā€¦ :smiley:

Iron maiden is joke for this build :wink:

hmm good thing i have a backup of my save :smiley:

Smart move :wink:

Hi, thanks a lot for this great build JoV !
Iā€™m new to this game so I have attempted some classes and builds until i find this Pyro buildā€¦
Just fit me perfectly ! Powerful and very tanky : a relaxing build :smiley: Very easy to level up (besides some tricky bossā€¦).
I really recommend it. A must have in this game !

Thx Im glad you like it :wink:

Hi, thanks for the guide. Iā€™m now lvl 43 and I finished normal but canā€™t finish BOC. I try to rearrange the devotion as your guide but get stuck in how to get to manticore as well as solaelā€™s witch blade. Please explain a bit, thank you very much.

This is devotion setup you should aim at end on normal/veteran and you will not have any troubles in BoC or where ever: http://grimcalc.com/build/1007-NH8DU3 :wink:

how does this toon compare to your Sorcerer 2H ranged, Aether build and which one do you think is more fun to play?
Cheers!

Sry I cant do that any more, I wrote about it like 100 times :smiley:

Both are fun this one is overall more powerful

hey Jov! Sorry about that, I noticed I asked the question in your other build as well, that was silly :smiley: