[1.0.0.7] BWC Sorcerer - Fire walk with me!

No? So just to clarify, you do not have any crucible buffs active in the screenshots? Because you have 250OA and 170DA more than me. I don’t know where you are getting that much from, especially since we have the same gear equipped, i’m also using your defensive devotions.

Actually I do have pretty good rolls on all equipment except chest armor.

Ie my HoJ are with 36% pierce resistance and 16% C speed
Warpfire has 19% cast speed
Invoker ring 12% c speed
MoD and helm are with 4% chaos resistance practiced skill bonus,
Bots are with 42% poison and acid resistance,
Shoulders 22% chaos resistance
Belt 5% c speed, 33% poison and acid resistance,…

If you cant cap some resistance compensate it with jewelry augment you will lose some OA and DA but it will not be to significant imho.
Also to up your c speed invest in MA or even RP.

Ah, i see, yeah you have alot better rolls on your gear than i do. My warpfire only has 13% cast speed so thats probably why i’m behind there. Currently i’m at 78% poison & acid, 71% piercing and 71% chaos. I’m still confused though as to why you have so much more OA and DA than me. Is it cause i’m not 85 yet? Do you actually get DA and OA when you level up? I never paid attention to that.

By the way thanks for sharing this build, i’m usually more of a melee person but i had a blast leveling this build. Super fun

Thx, no crucible buffs, temporary procs or w/e.

I really cant be sure about that huge difference in OA and DA numbers. I mean you will get some OA/DA investing in physique/cunning till you reach 85 but not that much :undecided:

P.S. Only thing that you lack DA vise is some 30-40 DA from of the Kings suffix and that is not even nearly compensating the diference.

you get around 10 OA and DA every time you level up, dont remember exact number tho :slight_smile:

Tbh never payed any attention to that :smiley:

Huh, good to know, i guess i’ll see what i end up on when i hit 85 then.

JoV by the way, on your MI gollus rings setup, don’t you lose a bunch of ADctH from lifegiver signet? Is it noticeable? Or is it worth the trade off for more OA and HP?

You lose roughly 2/3 of your ADCTH but gain one more proc with weapon dmg component so it pretty much compensates.

Stating that dont rely to much on ADCTH either way you dont shine in that department :wink:

Right so i got to 85 and ended up with 2443 OA and 2244 DA. The DA adds up but i literally have no idea how you are ending up with almost 2600 OA. Really confused to where you’re getting that 140 extra OA from.

I also ended up with 1000 less dps too but not gonna look too much into that

My guess is better rolls on items, also if he crafted any items at the random legendary crafter he could get bonus oa up to 12 on the item.
If he has any items with %oa on them he probably got a higher % total which can be the difference.

No, that still doesn’t add up. The build has no gear with %oa in it. And if he really did get craft all the legendaries he has on at Etram, and somehow managed to get a OA roll on the majority of them, then the screenshots are kinda misleading no? Since that kinda of stuff is near unobtainable due to the resources required for the RNG to roll that one specific item with good stat rolls AND the additional OA roll. Not to mention that i’d like to think JoV would have mentioned it if that was the case.

JoV tell us what kind of magic you are using to get those OA numbers

Better rolled gear can easily end up with 100+ OA difference, dont forget this build has 14% OA (6 from augment 6 from devo 2 from component)
For exemple peerless can have huge disparities roll in the OA department (dont know the exact min-max but i have seen 77 OA & 112 OA)

and 10% from Inner Focus so hes at 24%

Woops, my bad. :wink:

The problem with that you see, is that i am using the exact same gear, bar the boots which is natures bounty and not kings. It’s literally the exact same gear, same augments, same components, same devotions, same skills levels except for flashbang and conversion which has nothing to do with OA. My peerless is a 95OA one, i had a 111OA one on another char and swapped which earned me a whooping +20OA up from 2443 to 2463. The next highest OA gear is aldanar’s vanity which seems to roll between 34-45-ish. I have 7 of them and the lowest one is 34 and the highest one, which i’m using, is 43. The rest of the gear that gives OA doesn’t account for the 140OA discrepancy amount. So again, i am wondering where the hell all this extra OA is coming from

The only thing that would make sense is if he crafted all the gear from Etram, got all the required pieces with good rolls (to max his res) and additionally get the bonus to OA rolls too. Which is just unrealistic because, again, that would require enormous amounts of RNG and resources to acquire.

The rest of my gear that gives OA is Warpfire (16OA), Infernal Knight’s Faceguard (34OA) and Handguards of Justice (25OA) and all these seems to have around 5-10 OA rolls in difference at most. Do you now understand why i’m so confused to why his OA is so high?

Bigest difference in OA is from PEoB amulet my has 125 OA,
HoJ 37 OA, LG signet has Etrams bonus 11 OA, IBH ring 10 OA Etrams bonus, Warpfire 25 OA,…
Most of my best equipment except new sets (ie IK, LD etc) is got by gambling at Etrams, I used to do that a loot.

Stating all that still 140 OA difference is not realistic imho, did you invested any points in cunning, 1 pt in cunning = ~5-6 OA?

11% to be more precise :wink:

I played with skill points distribution, so picture I posted is probably with slightly different distribution of skill points ie more points in RP, DF or smth but that’s not important cuz sheet dps is not calculated correctly either way.

112 OA pfff… I have like 5 with more than 120 OA :stuck_out_tongue:
When they nerf it now Im gona cry :frowning:

I’m gonna refrain from praising this build in fear of it getting nerfed (which is already happening), but this build is hilarious.

I was getting bored of melee and ranged builds and this build is a breath of fresh air.

Thx :slight_smile: Dont worry even if they nerf it to the ground I have extra few aces in my sleeves for sorcerer builds, like this one:

Alright, so much of your gear is from etram then has the bonus OA roll. That probably would explain it. There’s already a ~70-80OA difference in the gear you listed. That means realistically, most people who try out this build are never gonna reach your OA levels in the screenshots. Since most people usually use dropped gear rather than Etram crafted gear.
It kind of makes the screenshots of OA stat in OP pretty misleading :undecided:

Oh right i forgot you had 423 in cunning to my 383. So that’s 5 points, which is like 25OA, so with that count it makes it 100-105OA, and you said most of your new sets are crafted at Etram so that probably means you have more OA on your chest/belt/shoulders.

Well at least the mystery is solved then. That you actually did have alot of OA crafted gear from Etram and good enough rolls on them to max res is pretty crazy. You should warn people that you have god gear so they don’t get too disappointed when they don’t end up reaching your crazy levels of OA in many of your builds :slight_smile:

Jesus, where they all from Etram too? Cause the most i’ve ever seen on a dropped peerless is 114. How much gear have you craft from Etram you mad man. Tell me your secrets to where to farm all these mats and gold so i too one day can craft gear that will reach your OA levels :smiley:

Anyway thanks for clearing the OA issue up JoV. Guess i’ll just have to live with my meager 2444OA. Since i have no plans on going to etram to gamble any time soon. C’est la vie

Sry for that, but I just try to make the build best way I can do with Items that are on my disposal :undecided:

On contrary, more or less any new set pc are not from ethram so belt chest shoulders are w/o OA bonus. I used to do most gambling before new sets were introduced, last time I gambled it was for VB chest armor so only few of new items I have are from Ethram.

Probably cant be sure any more tbh :smiley:

Well I will just state that I gambled probably more than 200 times for armor in order to get DM shoulders…believe it or not never got them like that. On end some month ago they drooped from Cronley.
Also I gambled for jewelry maybe even more, needed judic signets, markovian amulet, avenger of crain and on end shard of agrivix.
Also God know how many times I gambled for warpfire with better conversion, best ever was 94% and I have like 30 of them,…

There is no secret just mad farming, 100 cronleys+dreeg guardian kills per day or 50 Golus+ Viloth+soleal guardian kills per day, or 30 MQ+Mos+Im/Zant+Bismiel guardian kills per day for more than 6 month.

When you do all that you will probably end up with 3 mules character named Cronley 1/2/3 just to stockpile good rolled rings.

Also I dismantled God know how many epic/legendary items to get the needed mats. To have more complete picture some times I would end the day with ~50 legendary and who knows how many epic items dismantled. To get the iron I was selling green items.

I know, I know its mad but I did enjoyed it, it was sort of meditation :smiley:

That’s ok. Just slap a warning on or something next time :smiley:

Dear god Jov, how many hours do you have in GD. You understand now why i was saying that it was unrealistic that most people wouldn’t be able to get the kind of gear you are using and thus having a lot harder time to cap res and probably never reach your levels of OA right? You should make a gear for poor people section in your builds lol

Also i read this post from http://grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47967&highlight=Blademaster just before i saw your reply

So yeah, mystery solved. Everyone go home nothing to see here.
Seriously though, thanks for clearing that up. Us less farmed people will just have to live with the lower OA. :cry:

Actually I did that, in this build only, cuz I got aware of that issue but guess even that is somewhat out or reach for some in some aspects :undecided:

Yea that post was like 2.5 months ago numbers just got bigger from than :smiley:

P.S. After I got this some time ago I stooped farming for now:

Edit: About caping resistances I even made small guide in my 0 phys/spirit BM thread. In most cases I leave jewelry slots with 2% OA/DA augments so people with trouble caping resistances with gear can change jewelry augments.