[1.0.0.7] BWC Sorcerer - Fire walk with me!

Thanks JoV, understood re RP v AW.

I started using BWC as main skill and it was horrible. Hard to aim and I had to kite for minutes to kill anything.
In the end I ditched that and started a new toon to use PRM/Devastation as you suggested above, re-spec later. I expect (hope!) BWC gets stronger later, what level do you switch to BWC? I hope the guide will detail the levelling process!

I don’t use the exact same build or gear as he does but BWC gets pretty darn strong.
Obviously his build will be more tanky as he uses Tree of Life & Mirror but this should show you something similar to what to expect from Maxed Out BWC

Dont worry about BWC it will get stronger than you can probably even imagine, especially if you have IK set :wink:

As PRM is concrned pretty straight forward, juts be careful to not over invest in it cuz energy consumption. As devotion are concerned aim for manticore and arcane bomb. From demo tree take flashbang/searing light, vindictive flame and potentially transmuted bwc for phys dmg reduction. It can get you trough veteran and mid-late elite in no time.

About when to respec in BWC Im not sure cuz never leveled BWC character, as stated earlier this one was something else. But I guess that until you get enough skill point to max it and energy regeneration to be able to spam it w/o any issues dont respec to it.

Fixed grim calc issues.

maybe leveling guide and gear…like what items should i look for and what not.

Thankx alot.

Thanks JoV. Wondering why Manticore since it’s poison/acid ish - wouldn’t an elemental damage one be better… Tsunami maybe?

Or is the idea to get a different damage type? I’m not sure if there’s such a thing as monsters with resistance/immunity to elemental damage as a whole (all 3 types - fire/cold/lightning in the same monster) - if so then I’d understand going the acid route.

Any time but Im not to big on leveling guides, for references you can find few tips above. Gear setup/recommendations will be added to guide.

PRM/devastation combo has large aether dmg component in it and manticore reduces aether resistance also.

Never mind offtopic, red text ftw :wink:

Yes you’re right, I didn’t look at the later nodes of PRM, just what I was using in early stages of levelling. Sorry to waste your time.

Nice video :slight_smile:

Only noticeable difference is that with this build you dont need to kite at all, you dont have meteor shower but do have IK set bonus for extra burn around you.
Just move forward and spam flashbangs/mines/bwc and everything burns!!! :smiley:

JoV - I’m leveling as PRM…which is sick at low levels. :smiley:

I’m playing essentially self-found, so when should I think about respeccing to BWC?

Thanks.

Few posts up:

Gotcha. Thanks, man.

Updated all planed content, sry for delay.

Have fun :wink:

Hey JoV thanks for this awesome build! I am 36 now and started with BWC right away and i must say it’s a very satisfying and safe play with some ectoplasms it’s no problem at all. Veteran/ Selffound I played prm build before but this is even more fun…thanks again!

JoV/Iwan - So, is leveling as BWC viable early game? I have a toon around level 18 focused on PRM right now.

Thanks!

Yes it is , played prm before and it was fun but this is even more fun and alot more save am 38 now and did not even die once although with prm i had some death (sry for bad english) u may need some ectoplasm at the beginning so that u get no energie probs but its really smooth to play

When I started I used BWC and it was weak, took ages to kill anything with constant kiting - but I was playing in Crucible at level 2 onwards so maybe that’s why.
What other skills do you have? I had a point in flashbang back then.

I have come to the realization that Flashbang is compulsory for any Demolitionist. :wink:

Crucible lvl 2 is not crucible lvl 8 or 10… maxed bwc a soon as possible with ectoplasm flashbank/ searing ambers 1 point each and flame touchted maxed next. 1 to vindictive flame and then turned to arcane tree for all the one point wonders. very fun to play just put your skillpoints with some comonsence and its very easy and fun to play. (sry again for bad english)