[1.0.0.7] BWC Sorcerer - Fire walk with me!

BWC is usable the entire game. Personally I max out BWC and grab the transmuter by like level 8 or 9. After throwing the transmuted BWC you spam Fireblast/greater fireblast until either BWC is off colldown or everything is dead.
Once you get decent energy regen you get rid of the transmuter and just spam BWC.

Im glad you like it but there is noting new to it and almost noting mine its straight forward bwc build :wink:

@others About leveling I really never leveled up using BWC so I just cant judge about it. There is so many ways to efficiently lvl up sorcerer just pick the one and respec when you feel its right time for it or use BWC from start. On the end you will get OP character no mater what :wink:

[QUOTE=JoV;472087]Im glad you like it but there is noting new to it and almost noting mine its straight forward bwc build;/QUOTE]

This might be true but last time i heared bwc is awesome was build 19 or something like that^^ i am a casual player with 600+ hours in GD and still feel like a noob:P so i really want to thank you to bring this build idea back to some of us (me)

Reading this, I switched all points from PRM to BWC and… it’s pretty good now, as you said.

My biggest problem is understanding the targeting:

1. With BWC on LMB it has to have pointer on a monster to do anything - otherwise you just move - so I also had to have it on a skill assignment button.

2. It’s not easy to guess where to aim it. Because it ‘lobs’ it has some time that the mobs can run under itso yo have to aim for where you think you want it t explode a second after you cast it (usually where you think the target will be).

It seems a bit clunky - am I missing something (that should be obvious)?

Put it on RMB and you wont need a target. LMB is move and attack so if its bound to it it will move unless you have a target.
You aim it like any skill point your mouse where you want to throw and then hold the button down.
If you have low cast speed then it can be clunky, one of the reason why I usually level with transmuter and Greater Fireblast. The other being low energy regen early game.

Like sfbistimg said put it on your rmb and use the left for “walk to”…
stack cast speed as much as possible otherwise use greater fire blasr ob lmb until you feel comfortabe.
And for targeting, its not your major concern unlike prm where you need to target something bwc can be placed on the ground and all that walks through it will burn.

Thx again for kind words :wink:

That is main source of power for this build! Like I wrote In guide just go forward and spam BWC all around you, you dont need to target much cuz everything is going to burn.

P.S. This build melts crucible, just reached lvl 80 gladiator w/o any buffs or banners.

Yes I saw that it was easier on RMB but sometimes the way a skill behaves on LMB seems to be designed that way and works better - if you can see why and how to use it.

Guess there’s nothing t know here, and RMB works well enough if I can spam it (can’t yet, I’m suffering a bit from switching from Demo --> Arc then back again).

I hadn’t noticed that you’d added more to the guide until you mentioned above. Very nice job JoV, thanks for sharing.

Gonna give this build a try as it’s nice and simple - the way I like 'em. :smiley: Only problem is with the defensive Devotion setup. I can see no way that you can include Oklaine’s Lantern in there. You only have 10 Eldritch points total and if you’d used it you needed 10 to start it and should have 13 in total as it gives 3 on completion. So what is the actual Devotion setup for the Defensive build?

You can refund devotion points at the spirit guide in Devil’s Crossing. He most likely picked something like Scholar’s Light to reach the required 10 green, then completed Lantern, then refunded the temporary green devotion since Lantern provides enough points to meet it’s own requirements.

How are people dealing with fire/burn resistant mobs early on?

Is it worth rushing through the mastery to get to Demon Fire (Chaos dmg) or Ulzuin’s Wrath for lightning dmg?

Anything that’s “Burning Something” (the bigger ones are worse, forget the name) takes forever to kill with BWC. I’ve put 1 pt in OFF just to control them. But still, running round them in circles dropping BWC + FB for 5 minutes seems a bit naff.

Hello JoV, i’ve been looking for this kind of sorc build.
i have tested this on gladiator crucible and managed to clear 150 waves twice, and MoD procc’d once when i’m faced with final wave fabius+maiden combo.

That demo shield and mirror combo (also extra nullification) is awesome.
I’m having a blast with this build ! So reliable, both it’s mob/boss clear speed and survivability :smiley:

here’s a screenshot of me clearing 130-150 (with MoD CD) :stuck_out_tongue:

PS : sorry for the big picture

Holy procs Batman!

EDIT: Should I be loading up on +%fire/burn and cast speed as I level?

I usually use lightning nova to kill them

With this setup whole game is like easy and simple walk trough park :wink:

About devotions just do what Sober proposed in post below yours.

Good job, I was 100% sure that Gladiator crucible is easy doable with this build :slight_smile: Tho I didn’t finished it, got to lvl 80 w/o any buffs or banners and quit, was to lazy to go on, but Im glad that you did it :smiley:

P.S. Never mind the picture :wink:

If you lvl up with BWC yes.

So, I just started my toon. Equipped Olman’s Axe just because it was the best I had on me. The axe granted my the Ice Spike skill, we appears to proc off of BWC ticks. I was standing still watching a mob burn when an ice shard suddenly shot out.

Fun stuff.

JoV - I know everyone has their preferences, but what are you keybindings for reference?

Thanks!

Here you go, ToM and EoS are on keyboard W and E:

Im definitely respeccing CT Sorc to this looks really fun, cant wait to try till im back home.

Very nice build. It is good to see BWC build getting more love. I like how you synergize the non transmuted BWC with the high regen of the arcanist.

Onr question though. Any reason you don’t use: https://gracefuldusk.appspot.com/items/7923-Wyrmbone-Handguards

Hoping to start leveling one of these soon, but I have one concern I can’t quite figure out. I’m not sure how you cap pierce resistance. I’m missing ~ 20-30% because I don’t have an “of the Flesh Hulk” pair of pants, but tallying up everything else only gets me to just 40% in ultimate, so there must be more of a difference I’m missing. I’m at 24% from stonehide pants, 32% HoJ, 28% devotions, and 6% from an Angrim-crafted MoD.

Also coming up like 10% short on chaos resistance with a 20% roll on shoulders (all the rest should be the same, it’s all materia/augments), am I missing something there too or do I just need a high roll on my shoulders and a smith-crafted roll for that?