[1.0.0.7] Deathmarked Blademaster Multi-Proc

Temporary Update included bellow until we see how SS cahnges. Minor gear/skill changes and Leviathan instead of Olreon devotion because the nerf to oleron flat dmg makes it not worth it. The 180% phys damage also doesn’t help. With Leviathan you get flat cold and 180% cold dmg and tankyness. Cadence is used with max deadly Momentum to Maximize pierce damage these changes maintain the build at it’s original performance at the time it was posted

There is no reinventig the wheel with Deathmarked Blademasters. There are already some very good builds on the forum. But, in time, Blademasters have been nerfed again and again and to acheive the performance it had in patch 0.4 or earlier one has to make a few minor changes in skills and devotion setup. So this thread is just a “Can Blademasters still be very good?” thread. And it can.

The build mixes three damage procs from devotions ( Falcon swoop, Blades of Wrath, Blind fury) with Lethal assault and Shadow Strike maxed which results in considerable damage. Agains certain anemaies a special setup is used to make full use of our procs and not die (Mad Queen)

Videos:

Mad Queen 15s (special devotion setup that enables us to use all we’ve got and not kill ourselves in the process):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFr-6bLHZOI

Bronath’s Fury: Blades of Wrath or Asassin’s Mark
Amarasta’s Quick Cut: Blades of Wrath or Asassin’s Mark
Execution: Blind Fury
Shadow Strike: Falcon Swoop

Do NOT use Blade spirit on her! Her retaliation procs her hit not per projectile. If all projectiles hit at once it retaliates just once. That is why we can use our arsenal but with care. Blade spirit hits once per second which will kill you very fast.

Fabius 12s (a bit less actually but there it is): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivh8C0LLK_s

Classic devotion binding (for all game content except Mad Queen): Assassin’s on Beronath Fury, BoW on Blade Spirit, Blind Fury on amarasta’s Quick Cut and Falcon Swoop on Shadow Strike.

Shar’zul 14s (could be pushed to 13): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PCPEUQPjlM&feature=youtu.be

Classic devotion setup. Put more points into scars of Battle formore stun resist

Temorary UPDATE:http://www.grimtools.com/calc/lV7wjBVQ tip: switch weapons in inventory :slight_smile:

Squeezed as much dmg as pussible with Empowered Shadow’s Grasp gloves to hard cap SS and amass cunning with these gloves and Pretty great Pants

Grimcalc with bonuses:

http://grimcalc.com/build/1007-oA8MvH

I switch some points all the time according to what i’m doing. Like shar’zul more Scars of Battle, Fabius More anatomy of murder or Queen more Shadow dance. You can do the same or find the balance that best suits you.

Without Bonuses:
http://grimcalc.com/build/1007-FCPv8t
If you find Mad Queen too much trouble take 5 points out of lethal assault and put them in shadow dance.

Stats: I recommend going 40 physique at least on this. I have 45. Keep 9-10 points for spirit to meet jewlery requirements. Trying full cunning means you’ll have to sacrifice other means of offense to survive and it’s no longer worth it after patch 0.7 OA monster buff

Build (If you want full resistance to Aether get some good Solael/Dreeg-Sect pants with resistances and then use augments to balance resistances accordingly):

Head: Deathmarked Hood Leathery hide
Shoulders: Deathmarked Shoulderguard Antivenom Salve
Chest: Deathmarked Jacket Chains of Oleron
Weapon 1: Dermapteran Slicer Oleron’s Blood(mine is nothing too fancy, Puncturing of the Rifthound. If you can get Heart Piercing of Voracity then more power to you…literally)
Wapon 2: Deathmarked Decapitator Shard of Beronath
Belt: Spellbreaker Waistguard or Blade Breaker Sash to max Bleed resist Antivenom Salve
Hands: Iceskorn Talons Antivenom Salve
Pants: Solael-Sect Pants Scaled hide
Rings: 2x Belgothian Sigils 2xCorpse Dust or 1 Soul shard for energy issues
Amulet: Peerless Eye of Beronath Dread Skull
Medal: Black Star of Deceit Arcane Spark
Boots: Crafted Greens, any resists thet help and health. Mine are Stonehide of Vitality Mark of Mogdrogen
Relic: Blegothian’s Carnage

Build tested with a Heart piercing of Voracity. Thank you to General Cash for being generous with such a good weapon (thank you as well to Chton for offering me good solael pants, thankfully a good pair dropped for me). With the added %life steal from Voracity affix and Solael pants you can even drop Oleron’s Blood for Vicious Spike to have even more damage. Shadow strike will kill you instantly and Mad queen can be done faster than 15 seconds.

Reserved for updates

Happy to see this post again to discuss about it.

You don’t try to cap resist ? Tomodak have posted his setup few days ago, i thinks it’s something similar in the build it self (don’t compare yet the devotion set up) but he tried to cap resist which i thinks it’s possible if you go with 1 green rings / MI legs; or nearly.

As i’m farming a lots these days for MIs, and tried to achieve good legs. I have good ones but still not any stonehide ones.

One question for proplayers :

i have some slicers as the one of Superfluff, punct… of alacrity and so on, but no heart pierceing yet. What is the best in this set up (or the ones with cadence from Jov) between this kind of slicer and a Reaver’s claw ?

I mentioned in the gear description about Aether resistance and poison. Some good Solael sect pants would do. When i find some I will update with them, until that happens I posted the build because who knows how long it would take to get a decent drop. Getting the boots was hard enough lol

No reaver’s claw on this one:p 4pc Deathmarked and slicer

Ahah same for my boots !! So hard to have good ones ! We must farm together for good pants lol :slight_smile:

My question about reavers is

Punct Slicer of Alacrity (or nearly and not heart piercing ones) is > or < to Reaver’s claw ?

For this build it’s Slicer no doubt. You get 100% pierce on your main hand. For Cadence Build A Reaver is very good with + skills to soldier. More Deadly momentum is very strong

Could you show this character fighting aetherial enemies?

Once I get A half decent Solael-sect pair of pants like i mentioned above I will Update with a Valbury Video.:slight_smile: But just End bossess,my pc can’t handle crowds+recording very well

Nice :slight_smile:

But few things I would definitely change are:

1. Antivenom salve in shoulders instead of mutated scales and your p&a resistance would be caped. You would lose some HP but you can compensate with more points in military conditioning.

2. Change of belt, taking BBS would help you cap bleed resistance, you would lose some flat dmg but would gain some OA.

3. Also some more points in scars of battle. Its one of your best skills, you dont shine in bleed and stun resistance and for sure you need more armor absorption.

And of course war cry if you are planing to run it trough crucible :slight_smile:

Hearth piercing of voracity is BIS regardless of setup :wink:

:pBut few things I would definitely change are:

1. Antivenom salve in shoulders instead of mutated scales and your p&a resistance would be caped. You would lose some HP but you can compensate with more points in military conditioning. I mention this in the gear list

2. Change of belt, taking BBS would help you cap bleed resistance, you would lose some flat dmg but would gain some OA. I used BBS before this. I am ok with the sacrifice for now until I get good pants that helpme round this up

3. Also some more points in scars of battle. Its one of your best skills, you dont shine in bleed and stun resistance and for sure you need more armor absorption. I put more points in scars of battle all the time beore fighting Shar’zul for example. I will put this in the guide too thanks:)

And of course war cry if you are planing to run it trough crucible :slight_smile: We shall see :stuck_out_tongue: Havn’t tried yet

Edit: btw BBS doesn’t give more OA they are identical but has a bit more DA

Want to farm together ?

-Build looks nice.

-Another Deathmarked BM i guess we know what’s getting another nerf hammer :slight_smile:

-Btw, have you considered trading Vicious Spikes for Oleron’s to get flat damage and using War Cry to reduce enemy damage?

Last few days I got some really uber drop, so stopped farming for next month or two :smiley:

lol ur serious about this stuff:D

Dont tell anyone but it does, max deviation for BBS is 5% and for SBW is 4%, innate values are 4% and 3% respectfully :wink:

ehh mine are both 4% :stuck_out_tongue:

Dead serious :smiley:
Tbh I needed a brake so this came in handy :wink:
Going to lvl up one more BM and warlock now, and finish some builds I had on drawing board for long time.

Just got me some Tough solael sect of the badger lol…after 10 runs…

Hmm, melee or caster?

I had spikes berfore but… Give me 10 skill points:cry: I’m stretcehd out as it is