[1.0.0.8] Commando - Avatar of ulzuin - Want to clear gladiator w/o buffs and banners?

[1.0.0.9] Commando - Avatar of ulzuin

This build is a bit unorthodox and diverse from what is considered to be meta for GD, and no, Im not aiming that is unorthodox because its able to clear gladiator crucible w/o buffs and banners, there are other build also capable of doing so.

Most of up to date GD builds are focusing on single dmg type or at least they have one dmg type dominant. What makes this build sorta unique is that it utilizes two dmg types, fire and lightning, and thus is using gear and devotions that are supporting both dmg types more or less equally and as main attacking skill is using fire/lightning based grenado.

To try to push this synergy even more from devotion procs reckless tempest and meteor shower are used as dmg proc and arcane bomb and eldritch fire to support lightning and fire rr together with eldritch fire for flat elemental rr.

Grim calc with + skills and devotions - http://grimcalc.com/build/1009-uwWMIS

Devotion bindings - Reckless tempest - Termite mines, Meteor shower - Blitz (100% chance to proc), Eldritch fire - Flashbangs, Arcane bomb - Grenado, Elemental storm - Siege breaker (shield granted skill)

Since grim calc tend to bug sometimes here are pics of demo/soldier skill mastery

Feel free to tune skill points distribution to your liking and make this build more or less offensive, ie take out some point from wc, st or og and invest in grenado or even in bwc line to get higher dmg output and one more dmg skill to use. Also you can tune down grenado investment and further bolster shield soldiers pasives/actives, blast shield or/and searing light.

Attribute points distribution Spirit to meat gear requirements (warpfire) rest in physique. Stating that this build has 0 points in spirit but it uses pants with of the Boar suffix that are granting ~50 to spirit.

Constant auras

Constant auras with judicators signet proc up

What makes this build able to finish gladiator w/o benedictions and banners?

When it comes to gladiator crucible, there is always one thing that will make you finish it or not: tankines.

Sources of this build tankines are, as you can see from the pictures and grimcalc, shield and shield related soldier passive and active skills, blast shield, high HP regeneration with behemoth proc, judicators signet proc, extraordinary high DA, relatively high armor and phys resistance, and one not so easily spotted thing: highly overcaped resistances that are making this build pretty much immune to rr shreds.

Overcap of resistances for the build setup on pic:

cold ~50%, fire ~100%, lightning ~75%, poison ~25%, pierce ~75%, vitality ~32%, aether ~18%, chaos ~9%, bleed ~9%

Also to further bolster tankines this build use two sets of same weapon/shield combo. One with radiant gem as shield component to use its radiant shield granted ability if it encounters Valdaran and other with imbued silver to further bolster chaos and bleed resistance overcap. Ofc you can use just one weapon setup and put imbued silver as component in weapon but I wouldn’t recommend that because enchanted flint and its given aura greatly bolsters your dmg output.

Disclaimer - Due to some irl issues I have to attend atm Im not able to finish this guide yet, so I just provided some basic infos. Sorry about that and stay tuned for more.

Great build:p

Nerf?

Edit: Still baffled btw at the amount of OA in spite of defensive amulet and medal

Meh…It seems shield or DW is almost a must for Crucible…
:frowning:

Want to clear gladiator w/o buffs and banners?

I want to do that, tell me how I can do that ! :rolleyes:

Seems like a great build anyway

Casters are also very efficient in crucible without DW or shield

Awesome build:D

Nice glimpse. :slight_smile: My full Ulzuin’s Set lies is stash not being used for ages. Nice to see it being a lot of value in the right circumstances.

Very big and detailed thread, volumetric description, I like it :smiley:

Some items?components?skils?dev poits?Maybe one short video?:slight_smile:

http://grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51343
Any different with this build or just same idea? This build look cooler

You know that Im OA whore :smiley:

Thx :wink:

Thx :wink: For some reason i like working with undervalued sets :slight_smile:

Sry guys due to some irl issues I was unable to finish the guide earlier, but dont worry it will be done asap.

Both are commandos, both are casters with the shield and both can finish gladiator w/o buffs or banners, so similarity does exist. But this build is not BWC based and also it use different devotion, equipment, skill points distribution…

Images are not loading to me.

I reuped them, hope its working now.

Added some stuff.

“Disclaimer - Due to some irl issues I have to attend atm Im not able to finish this guide yet, so I just provided some basic infos. Sorry about that and stay tuned for more.”

Thanks JOV - really appreciate your contributions so whenever you get time is good with me.

Awesome build!:smiley:
Do you have an alternative for this MI pant? thx.

What makes this build so ultra tanky and capable of finishing gladiator cruci is that it has all resistances really well overcaped (elemental 50 -100%, poison 25%, pierce 75%, vitality 32%, aether 18% a bit shy on chaos and bleed only 9%) that makes it highly resistant on rr shreds and thus is easy to cap resistances even w/o any MIs.

Stating that pants are stonehide of the boar and boots are stonehide of the kings, but you can easily manage to cap resistances w/o them.

Ty for the reply, and thx for the information. I’ll definitely try this build. I already have the boots, i’ll try to get the other resistances .

Thanks for the build :smiley:

Interesting devotion i have a melee build that uses a variant of this setup. I couldn’t get Eldritch Fire and Arcane Bomb since it “slowed” me down cause i had to cast too many things which doesn’t suit melee
So had to drop them and stuck with Torch plus Tempest

Kinda figured you went Grenado since you said you didn’t go BWC. But, wouldn’t BWC have better overall performance? I ask cause i noticed you don’t have a lot of points in Shattering Blast which i consider to be Grenado’s strongest suit

That is basic problem with melee chars, every cast is dps lost.
On build like this BWC wouldn’t have better performances for BWC build I would go with different devotion and gear setup.
This build is somewhat skill points hungry and I didnt wanted to lose -15% fire/lightning rr from ulzuins helm, that’s why I dont have much points in grenado line, nonetheless it still hits pretty damn hard :wink:

Hi JOV I’ve been trying figure where Void ward comes from, if that’s what it is, in the crucible pic I can see a toggled skill that looks like it but eyeballing the build I can’t see where it comes from, unless its a Relic ability. Can you tell us what it is?

Thanx