[1.0.0.8 Inverse Blademaster: Non-pierce, non-squishy, and definitely non-dead Blademaster]

This looks like tons of fun, I’ll have to give this a shot and respec my blademaster that was boring me anyways. Great work!

Sorry but no, it was never per second. Such a stacking mechanic that you are describing has never even existed in the game and is not even possible with the existing tech. What you are more than likely thinking of is an issue with shalie’s parser for gracefuldusk. A long time ago malediction used to have something 15% chance of 50 resistance reduction for 5 seconds, but it did not stack on itself.

Basically it’s 15 reduced resistance per second if i understand it correctly
Or 25 (whatever the value is)

So effectively from the first instance Malediction is applied on your target your enemy resistance has been debuffed by 15

You don’t get 75 RR, that’s just insane even i think that’s broken.

Boy you must be fun at parties.

I do not care for the change in your opinion, nor was the purpose of the thread designed to say that Blademasters are as good as they used to be. The purpose is to say move on, or at least, stop whining and complaining, because no amount of changes warrant this breathtaking amount of growling on the forums. The creation of this nice build is just a bonus, and while you or anyone else might not like this build, or any build, Blademaster or otherwise, from 1.0.0.8 onward, just please do everyone else a favor by keeping it in your pants.

This is getting so old. We’ve been discussing the 1.0.0.8 changes for almost a month ever since the first preview. Re-litigating changes and complaining about nerfs is purely off-topic by now. It’s been a done deal for quite some time already.

This build is “nothing”, but yet pierce BMs are complaining about 50% success in regular Gladiator (again, still significantly outperforming compared to 0% success for vast majority of builds). Meanwhile, this build finished extra spawns. How well are pierce BMs handling extra spawns, by the way - any successes since 1.0.0.8?

Okay, so you’re saying:

1. DoT/poison is “too easy”;
  2. DW BM is “dead”;
  3. Putting both poison and BM together is not “special” even though it’s currently outperforming pierce BMs in 1.0.0.8.

The reality is:

1. All damage types are legitmate - if DoT/poison were “too easy”, then every solo Glad build would be DoT/poison;
  2. DW BM is clearly not dead if DW BMs are soloing Glad and even extra spawns;
  3. Maybe what “it’s all about” is that DW BMs need to adapt to changes just like everyone else, and using a different damage type is an effective way to do so.
  1. A big difference is witch hunters often lack the survivability for Gladiator. If this build is just a “wannabe”, please show your witch hunter soloing extra spawns.
  2. Dismissing another person’s build as “wannabe”, “nothing special” and “a gimmick” is uncalled for on this build forum, especially since his build completed extra spawns and yours haven’t. What should he be calling your builds then?
  1. The “trying to find a solution” post you cite uses physical and IT instead of pierce - exactly the “changing damage-types isn’t the correct solution” argument you tried to quote. Are you even reading what you’re posting and linking?
  2. Again - why are pierce and physical legitimate damage types, but acid/poison a “gimmick”? Totally arbitrary, and sounds an awful lot like sour grapes.

1- my succes rate with BM is highly subjective, it can be lower or higher depending of the player’s level (experience & decision making), tho i’am prolly more experienced than the majority of the player on this forum for the crucible aspect.
2 - i’am not complaining about DW BM, it never was tier1 build for crucible in the first place.
3 - extra spawn dont add that much difficulty + if you dismiss the time factor like the OP, any DW BM spec can do it.
4 - Seems a lot of people here consider a build “Tier1” if it can complete crucible which is not my point of view.

This is Zantai when he see your tier1 build list:

This is Zantai when he spot a real tier1 build:

None of us haven’t been complaining in a while if you have been paying attention. I log in to contribute to my own builds or respond to PMs.
I stopped posting anything related to nerfs

1. DoT poison is too easy to build around. When compared to non-dot builds. I have seen people make successful Burn Builds, i have some experience with electrocution. It is easy to the point that i consider it broken.

2. DW BM is dead, if you don’t wan’t to agree then i am more than inclined to say DW Pierce BM is dead.

3. Currently outperforming a dead playstyle, must be pretty nice

DoT builds can solo extra spawn actually.

Crucible is not just about the build, it’s about being careful and praying not getting a bad combo

I have witnessed Triple Valdaran or Double Valdaran pick apart Pre-nerf Temper Commandos

Even the well-known BWC build can die on a bad day.

I myself was in a party crucible where Rashalga wave followed by 2x Zantarin, Valdaran killed us all.

1. The argument that Witch Hunters lack survivability sounds an awful lot like Casters suck to me
    Btw, Witch Hunters can decimate Mogdrogen by face-tanking. Cause the only build i have ever beaten that guy with is a Poison Witch Hunter
  1. I’d be lucky if my PC doesn’t crash in a challenge dungeon. I don’t play crucible, atleast not solo-crucible. My main experience comes from playing at a friend’s terminal party based crucible

He could have queitly posted this and i am sure we’d have been very much welcoming. Maybe one or two professional criticism on what each of us might have changed in the build.
But what he does is he calls out to Dying God and Cronley farmer. And i don’t know about the other guy but i have a massive ego issue when dealing with people like this
It is a gimmick when being compared to Pierce Blademaster. Pierce focused BM makes use of 100% synergies.

Physical and Pierce are pretty closely linked. Ever heard of the term concept extension?
People do that a lot, best example is Physical Forcewave build concept can be used to make a Pierce Forcewave Blademaster.
So yes, despite his seemingly different approach i think he can find a solution.

Umm, because they perfectly synergize?
Is that a good enough reason?
It’s like trying to build a Lightning Trickster, it’s doable. It’d be a good end-game farmer but it’d lack behind other DW Lightning builds

Look my entire point of being here is if you find a new build idea or what you think is a new build idea then i encourage you to post it. Just be a little nice. This is the build thead, you’re not supposed to “attack” other build posters.

If you pay some attention then none of us have been complaining for a while. Heck i barely posted in the recent days about nerfs i just contributed to my own build threads.

I’d have ignored this had you not been such a smart-ass and called out to the Dying God

I like this build, i have Nightshade blademaster and i respect what you did but your attitude and your tone is what pissed me off.

Also, had you not been so disrespectful then we’d have been a lot nicer. I personally welcome everyone to share crazy new builds since i don’t want new players to think that there aren’t any unusual builds that beat content.

This is Zantai in a Zentai:

Also, i am not going to reply to this thread anymore.

Not interested in getting a build thread closed because the Original Poster has no respect for other people

The Dying God can die alone in his slith hole.

Man, I wish I had 60k DPS on my characters :/.

There I fixed it for you kiddo with annoying colored text just for your pleasure :smiley:

P.S. Maybe, if Im not to lazy, Ill fix your build also :wink:

Wtf, you’re here as well. :rolleyes:

Hello :smiley:

Better try fixing your own BM builds too then :smiley:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you feel annoyed by this, just think what the others feel from your posts!

This thread has now been purged of unrelated to the build bs. Please don’t make me come back with soft bans.

I lol’ed.

I must admit, this was obscure enough to elude me, but nonetheless represents insults directed at other forum members. Guess what, that is not tolerated. Welcome to my watchlist. If you want to remain in this community, then please respect all members.

This was also just brought to my attention. What Jiaco said. Calling out individuals on the forum will not be tolerated. This is a friendly place to share discussions about Grim Dawn. Personal attacks have no place here.

Thank you to you both.

EDIT:
I won’t contribute to anymore discussion in this thread

is this build hardcore viable without the recommanded items ?

That depends on how much you are deviating from the recommended items. But if you got the general gist of the build’s defensive capabilities, then I’d imagine you will be fine

My apologies. Won’t happen again.

Sorry to bother but show your augments setup please