[1.0.0.9] Apocalypse Mortar Sorcerer

I made this build in short time after my Aether AAR Sorcerer.
It may not well customized or best in shot yet. You may help me improve it by comments.
I need to publish it before going full week vacation tmr(actually next 7 hours). After then I’ll drown in a mountain of works untill May. So enjoy!

Build information : http://www.grimtools.com/calc/62avEXV4
press “S” to open skill tab.

Inspiration
I’d like to make use of Mortar Trap and Herald of Apocalypse for long time. I traded stuffs waiting for months. Finally, I have a chance and in the mood to make it.

This build. I put all of rarely usage stuffs together those I think they may fit.

• Annihilation [Relic]
  • Herald of Apocalypse [Amulet]
  • Mortar Trap [Skill at max ultimate lv 26/16 for 3 summon limit]
  • Time Dilation [Aeon’s Hourglass Constellation]
    <So I stick with them in the build. You may not like it :P>

I combine them together, thanks to JoV’s BWC Sorcerer guide for fixing dmg output at primary stage.

Further example Customization

• Rings : Open hand&Close Fist May change to some rings instead. May be Gollus rings with good affixes. Then change pants and shoulder component to Scale Hide. 15% RR from the ring doesn’t stack with viper constellation.
  • Amulet : If you don’t like using Herald of the Apocalypse. You may use Empower Essence of Beronath or The Peerless Eye of Beronath
  • Constellation : May change “Viper” and “Imp” into “Fiend” and “Sailor’s Guide”. I’m not taking Solael’s Witchblade because I’m lack of devotion points.
  • Others(I don’t know yet, you may suggest)

Video
Gladiator Crucible 130-150 w/ Extra Spawn (100-150 I died at 150 from Iron Maiden and the gang. So I record again at check point 130th.)

*Mad Queen don’t make a trouble and this build isn’t major in single target dmg yet. No need to melee fight for proof anything. It is easy with non-channeling caster. Just kite and skill. So I don’t record video.
*Fabius, As I say the average time is around 40 secs. Sorry, I don’t have time to upload yet(basic dmg output and survivability test)

Problems

• Fabius and Iron Maiden when comes with more enemies. Fabius is ok, you can run away from his shadow strike, but not for Iron Maiden’s Blitz. I died few times in testing gladiator crucible because of her.

May be I should have more armor, armor absorption and physical resistance.
I can’t test out Iron Maiden in campaign because I’m with Kymon Chosen

Fabius take down about 40 sec. A little bit long.

• Physical Dmg. It seems this build waste a lot of physical dmg from Mortar Trap, Apocalypse and Meteor[ul]
    [li]I don’t know what Annihilation relic was design for. Physical and Fire seems to be commando, but the cost make it’s likely having massive energy issue.[/li]
    [li]Herald of Apocalypse. 3 to “Devastation” and “The Big One”. Bonus Aether, Fire and Burn is understandable, but The Big One from Mortar Trap and Granted Skill’s Physical Dmg seems to be conflict.[/li]
    [li]Fire and Physical. I don’t know what will make Fire and Physical meets together in sorcerer. Most of our main skills have a lot of flat physical damage. It’s probably need something convert all to fire or a set of physical&fire other than justice set.[/li]
    [/ul]

Finally, my little dream build comes true.

Attachment: Apocalypse_Mortar_Sorc_1.jpg
Attachment: Apocalypse_Mortar_Sorc_2.png

I feel sorry for you cause Mortar trap sucks :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

But nice to see someone else trying

That video was so f*ckin’ cool! :D:D:D

So much stuff falling from the sky :smiley: Thinking of making something similar, but more aether focused. http://www.grimtools.com/calc/6eZPpgZ0 Possible Aegis and Mark of Divinity for more defense. Watching you pass Glad Crucible with nothing but Giant’s Blood, some regen and blast shield for passive defenses gives me hope.

Oh come on, I was just leveling a Sorcerer to make the exact same “Make it rain” build. I have to think of something else…

Nice build though!

i have 2 builds that you can sorta call “rain” builds

raining hell: sorcerer

trozans starkeeper, 2x of fallen skies proc, outcasts secret, ulzuins torch and blizzard

Allister, lord of fire: commando

using mortar trap, ulzuins torch, herald of the apocalypse and infernal brimstone or sharzuls world eater

nice build :slight_smile:

More videos please!

Siegebreacker helps a lot against IM .Aslo Fateweaver leggins =)

Nice build - the sky is falling! :cool:

Maybe not how I would’ve done it, but it certainly seems to work. Looks like a lot of fun.

Yhis givrs me an idea for a future build
Has anyone tried a pyromancer version of this? I think utilizing fire and chaos damage would be better for converting all the demos physical damage into chaos. I was thinking of having high oa, and aoe debuffing basically running around map dropping aoe stuff. Mines, mortar trap, sigil, curse, even having hell hound to buff you. This would be a lot of fun i’m thinking.

A fire, burn, chaos version? There is a fair amount of support for that, in RR, prove, and what not. Could be a good idea, and would be fun to see, though you would lose Devastation.

I’ve looked at this a bit, Physical to Chaos conversion isn’t massively abundant but Element to Chaos is in the Blood Orb.

You could pair Mortar Trap with BWC and use the Infernal Knight set but you end up pretty point starved and I didn’t find much use in Occultist besides Blood of Dreeg and Consecrated Blade. I think Arcanist would be better for this approach. Something like this is what I had in mind: http://www.grimtools.com/calc/mN4DAxNg

What i’m working on is using the Clairvoyant set with Mortar Trap and Doom Bolt. SOmething like this but with some refinement :stuck_out_tongue: : http://www.grimtools.com/calc/q2mgLDZj.

I love your medal, +5 mortal trap, that is insane! I love this mortal trap, would you craft it for me?

I don’t have a +5 unfortunately :(. RNG isn’t in my favour.

Any chance at a link to the skills without gear worn, the order of devotions taken and what gear might be best? I’ve been looking for a build that’s basically just raining lots of crap from the sky.

Which affixes would you use on gollus rings for this build?

Anybody at all manage to update and refine this build? This is the only build I can find that actually qualifies as a rain build, the rest of the ‘rain’ builds I’ve found just have 1-2 procs/devotions/Trozen’s Sky Shard with very little actually raining down on the mobs.

You can remove gear in grimtool.

The order of devotions is anything, just pick any color to get lower tier constellation then remove unnecessary points. It’s like mini-puzzle.

If you want to know about leveling. As a caster you could get any buff to your dmg type and doing cast&run.

Prefix may be Incorruptible for significant resistance boost. Suffix is anything, may be aim to increase OA/DA or dmg.

It won’t come from me soon. I remember I saw some meteor-caster thread in 1.0.2.1

PS. JoV may post his caster build next. I think you could count on him :stuck_out_tongue:

I would use the new MI offhand for mortar instead for the +1 max summon Mortar and -2 sec recharge