Grim Dawn Build Compendium V
Update: this compendium is no longer maintained due to release of the Forgotten Gods expansion.Please use the new Compendium X if you want to see the most recent builds.Credits
Much Credit goes to Missing String and ibugsy as we move into it’s Fifth iteration. I’m keeping much the same as the previous thread’s rules were fine - only some minor changes. If you have any suggestions for improvements, feel free to reply to the post or PM me.
Honorable mention Mirenheart who started the Build Compendium. Thanks to Missing String, Mirenheart, ibugsy and Cryodacry for their work on Build Compendium I & II & III & IV respectively.
With the forum transition in June 2019 links were broken in this Build Compendium. PlentyFoldsInTheGrey and eisprinzessin salvaged them and restored order. Ignore any links, which are striked through. If supposedly valid links take you to wrong threads / post, please flag them, so that the forum mods can take care of them.
Official Grim Dawn Wikipedia All the information you need about Grim Dawn
Grim Misadventures: Development updates.
Grimtools: A useful site in which you can create your build but also search for items
Item Rarity Explained: An explanation of the different levels of items, including color coding. Also how to turn on item rarity filtering.
A how-to on levelling and looting: A compilation of tips and tricks shared by experienced players on efficiently taking on Cairn
Any build name may have codes preceding them. The codes are :
- Melee - consist of builds that require you to physically swing at the mob and/or them swinging at you.
- Ranged - use Ranged Weapons
- Caster - Builds that primarily use skills that do not involve %weapon damage.
- Pet - self explanatory[/li] [li]hc : Hard core character.
- u : The build is capable of playing on ultimate difficulty.
- c : is viable for crucible
- c+: can clear crucible on gladiator difficulty
- d : The build has a downloadable save file associated with it. Check the build’s thread for the link.[
- vid : The build has a video associated with it. Check the build’s thread/post for the link.
- g# : The build is dependent on specific gear with a value ranging from 1-5. The higher the number, the more gear dependent it is.
- l : The build has a leveling/progression guide.