[1.0.1.1] Lightning Fire in Disguise - Dual Wield Lightning Fire Spellbreaker - Non Shaman/Demo

#include <LightningInDisguise.h>
~ Dual Wielding Lightning Spellbreaker - Lightning in Disguise ~ A Non Shaman Lightning Melee Build

Love this Quote :

Experimenting with Masteries / Skills / Devotions in Grim Dawn is fun and interesting.
GD really has it’s own awesome build diversity.

Like KoalaeiO said, “the gear + devotions + %conversion items” can change everything :smiley:

This build is using 100% Cold to Lightning conversion via Dual Spark of Ultos

Actually, I’ve experimenting with this Scepter back then on 1.0.0.7 with my Lightning Trickster.
I was too focus on testing this Lightning Savagery

Well, these one are a Non Shaman Lightning Build and a Non Demolitionist Fire Build that perfectly viable and a fun way to test the limits of build diversity in Grim Dawn :smiley:
(Please see next post for Fire in Disguise or click link above)

Offensive Setup :
This setup has more damage from Leviathan Left Node, more HP, but less DA

Grimtools (Offensive) : http://www.grimtools.com/calc/4NOqQYVn

Defensive Setup :
This setup has more DA from Wolverine, but with less HP due to Crossroad Chaos removal

Grimtools (Defensive) : http://www.grimtools.com/calc/m23BnnNR

Videos :

~ Lightning in Disguise :

~ Fire in Disguise : (Please check next post)

Lightning in Disguise Reserved

#include <FireInDisguise.h>
~ Dual Wielding Fire Spellbreaker - Fire in Disguise ~ A Non Demolitionist Fire Melee Build

This build is using Cold to Fire conversion via Dual Warpfire

This one has a lot of AoE skills.
Can clear mobs very fast.

Unfortunately it has a lot active skills (for triggering devotion procs)
If you don’t like to many active skills, this build may be not suitable for you.

Grimtools : http://www.grimtools.com/calc/bVAdv12D

Videos :

Fire in Disguise Reserved

#include <TrulyAether.h>
~ Dual Wielding Aether Spellbreaker ~

I saw your video on youtube and I like your build
I have a question, why I didn’t see any blue sphere while you fought fabius but when you near aether crystal the small blue spheres suddenly appear?

Small blue spheres, do you mean Blind Sage’s Elemental Seeker ?
If yes, here’s the explanation :
I bound it to OFF (Olexra’s Flash Freeze), it has 100% Chance on Attack triggering the Elemental Seeker.
But OFF doesn’t affect boss like Fabius, so that’s why there’s no Elemental Seeker triggered.

When near Cronley’s aether crystal, if you see more carefully, actually I press OFF that triggered the Elemental Seeker (although the character is not moving)
It’s not such Spellbreaker magic trick that can automatically summon cute little elemental bomb blue spheres :smiley:

We can bound it to other skills such as: TSS or CT, but I like OFF frozen effect, and it also has wider area.
Nice for CC mobs.

If you like “more” active skills to play, you can check Fire in Disguise section on post #3 in this thread.
The build has many active skills with a lot of AoE procs.
It’s cool enough to fast kill Van Aldritch as you can see here

Added New PV Video on Fire in Disguise section (Fire Spellbreaker)

Ya I mean elemental seeker
Checking back the video, I see now why the blue sphere didn’t appear on fabius but triggered on trash and aether crystal
Still ,you can triggering elemental seeker on fabius when there’re trash around him. Saw it on your defensive spellbreaker video
So it is not bug or something

Alrady check fire spellbreaker. like it but too much skills
blue sphere spellbreaker is easier

Thanks for reply Tz Tz

Nice stuff! These are exactly the sorts of builds that I like to make. Glad you found one of my build posts quote-worthy!

I had my own version of a dual-wield warpfire spellbreaker, so it’s odd that we came up with similar ideas. Mine uses 3 piece Ulzuin set and focuses on burn damage though. Here was my idea, but it’s all theory and I haven’t tested it yet: http://www.grimtools.com/calc/p25kMmZ5

Keep on making weird builds, it’s 90% of the fun in Grim Dawn for me!

It’s not this strange, Nightblade has DW support and cold damage on skills. These weapons both convert cold damage and DW allows to convert it completely.
I bet you can make something like this and get arcanist-less Fire Strike which converts all elemental and chaos damage to aether. The second Albrecht can be removed by replacing Justice set with 3 parts of clairvoyant’s.
The problem is these types don’t function until 75th level AND having two copies of the same legendary weapon beforehand. So yes, they are “diverse”, but chances are their equipment will be farmed by less diverse cookie-cutter nightblades/demos/shamans.

It’s not bug after all :slight_smile:
Boss with adds can triggered the elemental seeker, or we can change it, bound to transmute CT.
CT works on bosses

Agree, the fire spellbreaker one has a lot of active skills.
I can’t reduce it due to need for triggering devo procs.
But if you enjoy and could manage the playstyle, it can triggering several procs with nice AoE damage :wink:

Thanks !

Yeah I like your build post quote “a fun way to test the limits of build diversity in Grim Dawn”
We came up with similar ideas, it looks like both of us like making weird and fun builds :smiley:

The idea of my builds on this thread is converting cold damage from NB and Devotion, then boost it via Arcanist Exclusive Skills, gear, and devotion.
Visually we will see cold damage/attack but in fact it does lightning/fire damage.
So I named them Lightning in Disguise / Fire in Disguise

Nide idea of burn damage, I’ll try it later
Thanks for suggestion

Wow new qoute again :
“Keep on making weird builds, it’s 90% of the fun in Grim Dawn for me!” :smiley:

Well, I actually have a long old dream (a lot of ideas) playing with the Rare Decree of Aldritch.
Unfortunately, it’s not like Beronath, Reforged that we can crafted.
After dealing with Deadly Trio, I still have to deal with the deadly RNG
Even Alkamos still have kindly heart for giving me the green version of his weapon at least.
That miserly Overlord always give me nothing but Vital Essence or Polished Emerald

Currently I can’t test the DW Aether Spellbreaker yet.
NB has nice cold elemental damages, from devotion we have a lot of elemental branches, Decree convert it, Arcanist support it, combine it with proper gear.
It also should work with other mastery beside spellbreaker

Thanks anyway for your suggestion friend !

I test the Ulzuin’s Set, it seems Justicar Armor is better for melee build.

:confused:
Hey there…sorry, I’m really knew, just started playing like yesterday :stuck_out_tongue:
So, looking at the lightning in disguise video, what is it exactly that is making those lightning strikes?

If you are new, then don’t bother with this build. It requires two copies of fairly rare legendary to take off.
As for the strikes, it’s the proc on gauntlets.

Oh ok…thanks…well I’m a nightblade either way. I haven’t chosen my second class yet. (I don’t really want to be a soldier because that’s what my friend is using).
All of the builds I can find for 1.0.1.1 are made by Tz tz
So what should I do?
Any advice?

Use any build from previous versions?
This one is pretty good to start off http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42521 as it doesn’t require particular gear. It can’t quick-kill Madqueen on budget gear anymore, but nonetheless it’s still a good general farmer.

Ohkay, thank you very much, I’ll take a look