[Expansion] What we know about the new classes

Don’t forget Crate’s proviso that everything shown so far is subject to possible changes between then and release :wink:

That goes for this whole thread! It’s like Schrodinger s cat. The classes will both be like this or complete something different until the crate is opened ;).

There is no doubt that the testers already know everything, but it is still long before we get to know the whole mastery. Until then we will have to explore through the movies etc. Well, yesterday’s Dev Stream revealed another skill (00:06:17).

Siphon Souls:
In a ghastly release of necrotic energies, you attempt to harvest the spirits of nearby foes with a cruel curse, draining them of their very essence while transferring it to you.

1/12
52 Energy Cost
6.7 Second Skill Recharge
3 Second Duration
4 Meter Radius
101 Vitality Damage
15% of Attack Damage converted to Health
Increases Health Regeneration by -30%

Next Level : 2
57 Energy Cost
4.4 Meter Radius
126 Vitality Damage
15% of Attack Damage converted to Health
increases Health Regeneration by -35%

Cheers excellent!

Inquisitor looks cool, but Necromancer looks kinda “meh”. The kinda “meh” that’s been done before a dozen other times.

But I’m still interested in the expansion, with or without Necromancer.

Some combo with Inquisitor will definitely be my first character post expansion. Probably Inquisitor + Arcanist or Demolitionist.

Nah the Necromancer is really interesting. I can see at least 5 very unique playstyles with this mastery, then on top of that you add the second mastery + the gear + devotions + %conversion items that change everything.

Honestly it’s a great class.

Yeah, i have something in mind for both classes when xpac will be released. Just release it already, i’ m not sure i can wait more!

Care to elaborate a bit more on possible fancy combos? In most cases, it would replace the occultist in a lot of combos. For me these are:

Soldier = Death Knight - interesting immortal crucible farmer (akin to current Witchblade)

Demolitionist = Defiler - ranged 2-h? Fire/Vit - variation to “Pets on Fire build” (now Skellies on Fire Yo)

Occulist = Cabalist - interesting poison/vit caster, or pet focused (or both)

Nightblade = Reaper - very nice cold/Pierce/vit synergy for a melee duel wield - looking very forward to this one

Arcanist = Spell Binder - a good variation to the current occultist/arcanist, variation to AAR focused on aether/vit (instead of transmuting and going for chaos/vit with a Warlock)

Shaman = Ritualist - Deathspeaker Shaman, do I need to say more?

Melee/Vit build with focus on pets

Inquisitor = Apostate - aside of the fancy lore of being an Apostate; I am not quite sure (yet) about the synergy between these two. Duel-wield Pistols focused on cold/vit?

Figured I might as well do the same for Inquisitor - for Inq its mostly a focus on duel wield pistols, with a couple of interesting variations:

Soldier = Tactician - Cadence with transmo to full elemental

Demolitionist = Purifier Firestrike, no need to clarify

Occulist = Deceiver - more focused on casting? CoF to bring down elemental vulnerability

Nightblade = Infiltrator - interesting ranged build focused on cold - or a melee build focused on pierce/elemental

Arcanist = Mage Hunter - variations to AAR (both chaos and aether); interesting synergy on dual wield ranged with elemental, or artefact caster with the runes/words (dedicated to Fire/Cold or a tri-elemental)

Shaman = Vindicator - Lightning box or interesting synergy - 2-h ranged focused on lightning

Necromancer = Apostate - see post above.

I am still very conflicted between Tactician, Purifier or Mage Hunter for what would be the best dual wield ranged elemental shoot’ m up-er

Further info will only be from Crate until permission is given :wink:

When testers will be given the permission release should be near so i hope it will happen soon.

Ah! Didn’t see you were a Praetorian - indeed than no speculation from you good sir! Any non-praetorians like to speculate with me? :rolleyes::stuck_out_tongue:

Tomorrow we will at least hear more again! A great thing about these misadventures is that I actually look forward to Mondays.

Well at least once every two weeks…

Using only the skills that have been already revealed in streams or Grim Misadventures, here is the five playstyles I had in mind:

• Pet build (Necro + Shaman).
  • Aether/vitality caster (Necro + Occultist) using Drain Essence, Bloody Pox and the Aetherfire + Arcane Bomb + Wendigo’s Mark as devotion.
  • Cold/vitality melee (Necro + Nightblade) with the usual nightblade dual wielding pack plus Bone Harvest on your left click and the necromancer’s WPS.
  • Acid/vitality caster (Necro + Occultist) with DEE + Ravenous Earth seen in GM#121.
  • Aether/vitality ranged (Necro + Demo) with Firestrike, Vortex of Souls and necro WPS.

How about a reaper 2-h ranged focussed on acid/poison? ABB + buff, Ravenous Earth, Necro procs & merciless repertoire, Fiend summon as tank to keep range.

Curious about your idea on Necro + Demo ; afraid Fire, Lightning, Chaos, Vit, in addition to Physical & Pierce might be scattered to much - though perhaps could work out with the correct Devotions to balance them all. Certainly one to try out!

What is strong about Firestrike is its 150% weapon damage in a large radius plus the transmuter that gives extra total damage and %crit damage.

You do not need to use fire or lightning, many Demo skills are great for all classes (VF speed, Flashbang DA debuff, BS absorption…), and personally I really hope to see items with fire->vitality conversion in the expansion. Interesting conversion options were hinted here and we also have Kilrian’s components mixing the two damage types so why not.

Uh, no. Fire strike and explosive strike are not the same thing :wink:

It’s 30% (ish) in a radius only.

Wrote too fast :stuck_out_tongue: Its 150% (125+25) single target damage and its 25% in a 3.5m radius allow it to be efficient against bosses while still proccing devotions nicely against crowd. Also, the single target damage goes infinitely far since we are using Vortex of Souls.

You got me puzzled there - why is it infinitely long? (not familiar with the weapon) - ought to try and find it and do a Sorcerer build around it, then pass it on to a Necro+Demo when the time comes :stuck_out_tongue:

Vortex of souls has a 100% chance for shots to pierce targets, although it’s not stated in the tooltip (don’t know why). That means each target hit with the piercing Fire Strike bullet procs its own instance of Explosive Strike.