[1.0.0.9]Just another gorgeous AAR Sorcerer

Another AAR sorcerer with a stylish gear. I like the fashion :wink:

Build information : http://www.grimtools.com/calc/1NXMkP2D // edited : add binding constellation with skills, remove overload point
press “S” to open skill tab.

Inspiration
Iskandra’s Set don’t give enough aether dmg for me and Agrivix’s Set went too much on CT which is really hurt my finger and destroy single keyboard button when I play it
I need something to INJECT AETHER THROUGH MY VEIN” LOL

About Gear
You may use Aldanar Vanity to get more skill points instead of Codex of Lie.
Outcast Secret is a very rare MIs legendary. I get it long time ago by bargain trade. So good luck on farming or trading :slight_smile: (It may be cost multiple legendaries.)

Shoulder is dropped from Valdaran Nemesis. Boots is craftable with 2 scraps. Both prefix and suffix are random.

It is gear dependent with specific green for resistance. Mostly pierce, bleed, acid&poison.
For who don’t have exact perfect combination of boots and shoulder part. You may change other components and fix with all augment slot you have. Trim down some offensive to get full defense is acceptable.

About skills
Flame Touched : A lot of flat OA and some fire to convert to aether
Blast Shield : Sometimes it is needed.
BWC : For Reduced Resistance and Reduced physical dmg. RR doesn’t stack with weapon’s skill, but I prefer higher amount. you may skipped agonizing flame an get more points to invest in other skills.
Flashbang : Best CC against boss and mobs
Vindictive Flame : Triggering procs.

IEE : Only for crits and slightly energy regen + 1 point of wonder bonus
Mirror : Immortal for 3 secs
Maiven’s Sphere : Very good defensive aura. 14/12 for lower dmg penalty. Conversion is for reduced CC effect for some kiting. It is caster not tank.
OFF : 1 point of wonder and our stopper CC
Reckless Power : Exclusive Aura for Aether. Can’t miss it
Devastation : Best Aether skill.
AAR : Pls don’t ask me :stuck_out_tongue:
Inner Focus : Get +%OA
Arcane Will : 1 point of wonder
Nullification : 1 point of wonder and it’s one of the best Arcanist’s skill.
Mental Alacrity : Born for AAR, but I don’t have any points left :cry:
Fabric of Reality : 1 point of wonder

About Devotion

• Behemoth & Chariot of the Dead & Tortoise are defensive trio for survival.
  • Widow is only -X% Aether resistance to amplified our dmg.
  • Spear of Heaven to boost %Aether and get awesome-looking procs
  • Other is to fix and boost things like resistance and OA, DA, HP, Energy etc.

Videos
// I noticed that sound is leading video after uploading, but when I open the raw file in my player it is normal. //
Fabius Test #1
Fabius Test #2
Mad Queen Test
Crucible Gladiator 100-150 Test

Leveling Guide

1. Basic method. You can either play Crucible DLC to get some lv and devotion before bored to death then play veteran or start veteran immediately.
  2. A single mastery is enough to clear veteran or normal. Play any skills you like. Both Arcanist and Demolitionist are newbie friendly and don’t need to know very much in deep mechanic. It is just throwing your skills then dodge any incoming dmg. Simple and easy. You can start with any of them.
  3. Getting 2nd mastery in Elite or higher. Focus in single or two dmg type.
  4. Go to Ultimate. Not different much for caster or range. You just do the same. Dodge N’ Skill.

Attachment: 20170406011712_1.jpg
Attachment: 20170406011705_1.jpg
Attachment: 20170407022649_1.jpg
Attachment: AAR_dps.jpg

Looks awesome man.

This should say Valdaran, as those are Valdaran’s Shoulderguards you are shown wearing.

Upload Solo Gladiator complete

Awww my bad LMAO. Thank you. You’re like Mark of Divinity to me :o

Why you max out demolitionist master when you only need 40 points of it?

She’s my second char. I’ve play various builds with her. So I can’t revert the mastery bar. Anyway, I think it’s not that much problem.

• RR from Scepter of Aldritch and Agonizing flames doesn’t stack so drop it and take Thermite mine on 10/16.
  • Or take Warpfire, imo best weapon for most aether builds.
  • You should max Mental Alacrity on 10/10 and overcap Inner focus and Disintegration. Take points from Searing light and Maiven’s sphere for this.
  • Also Iskandra’s elemental exchange is a good help in energy issue. Drop overload, it’s useless.
  1. I knew it doesn’t stack, but to get better percentage. I should have mentioned it. As I play nearly all in to aether RR is also important, even not good enough as stackable -X% resistance. I’ll add that getting agonizing flame is optional and more way to customize.

2. I used to play fire-aether. I’ve decide to switch it to dmg conversion and all focus at aether for this build. It’s work pretty well in this set up too. So I think it’s different from ordinary and would like to show it’s work.

3. I’m ok with current energy management. Dmg out put is enough to put something tough to dead faster than out of energy.
    It is surprised me with only 50-60 energy regen and less -X% energy cost are less than my old fire-aether setup(Old : 120 and -40-50% skill cost), but I never had energy issue like the old. I realized that kill time and Dmg output is a factor not to out of energy. [not count the energy leech and absorb from spell parts]

• Mental Alacrity is my current target to max now
  • But overcap Inner focus isn’t good Idea. very small bonus beyond lv12 and losing 1% of OA at lv 10 isn’t that bad.
  • Also I refuse to overcap Disintegration. It only get flat vitality dmg, small crit bonus and very small % aether dmg. 7% per lv is very small to my current 1500%.
  1. Yes, you’re right :smiley:

always nice to see some AAR build !
i have pretty much same set up, biggest difference is im using Aldanar Vanity and mark of anathema, how high hits your AAR ?

Ah, I see you’ve beaten Crucible, so my amendments looks a bit unnecessary) Great job, btw is this a first video on Youtube where AAR beats Crucible??
Also may I ask your Ray’s sheet dps??

Not the first

To my knowledge Avatar of Dreeg’s AAR build cleared gladiator even before the defensive buffs
He went Black Flame Warlock

Forgot to note - Aether AAR.

Here it is. IMO it is lower than average AAR,but dmg from Devastation helps a lot.
Codex of lies is also very good option though. :wink:

About aether RR
-15% from Eternal Haunted
-15% from Codex of Lies
-33% from Arcane bomb
25 RR

I think other AAR builds can beat gladiator too. I failed only when I forgot that I’m caster not tank lol.

Thanks)
Another question: what do you think about Iskandra’s chest??

Re-uploaded. Thanks for report it.

I think it’s ok in overall stats like the ordinary chest legendary. It’ll be easier to customize if change from chaos into pierce resistance.
If Iskandra is a female name, the design made me slightly disappoint :stuck_out_tongue:

Why you don’t use it?? Grimtools says you have tons of elemental and aether resistance overcapped so Shroud of Illusions are not so necessary for you. Or that’s because of granted skill?? :slight_smile:

Shroud of Illusion give me 5 points worth of skills which I need to max. But Iskandra’s Chest give me 2 points(I don’t put more than 1 point in Arcane Will. So the bonus on it isn’t meant to me)

Overcapped lightning is fine when you’re fighting with valdaran nemesis too.

What are you doing to sustain energy? Cant keep up even with potions. Also what skills are assigned to your devotions? The only one that shows in your calc is maivens sphere to turtle.

Kill tough foes before out of energy. By increasing dmg per tick and reduce enemies’ resistance as much as I can with durability enough to stand casting AAR for a time too. [This build have about 17X% cast speed. So it slow energy consume rate a bit too]

Some tests in my other AAR builds teach me that if you can sustain energy, you can’t sustain HP. If I sustain HP, I can’t sustain energy.
So I made a build base on sustain HP and energy long enough to beat hard bosses.

Sorry about skills assignment. I’ll edit it.

• Arcane Bomb : with AAR (I think I need this RR to maximize my dmg only when stand casting AAR facetank boss because the bomb has small radius. If I kite, boss also kite then the bomb missed)
  • Other procs : To any auras left.

Love that appearance. Very nice! I cant count how often I drooled whenever I see these aether stuff or that neat ghost weapons, shields. Omg I want one character that completely looks like this once in my life!