[1.0.0.9]Just another gorgeous AAR Sorcerer

really good loking build, i may try it in the future(so many great builds popping up lately can’t decide :rolleyes:)
i want to know something related to legendaries that only drop from certain bosses. You can only get it from vanilla? becouse in crucible you kill anasteria 1-2 times per run
im guessing you don’t, after several crucible runs i’ve not gotten any boss specific legendaries/recipes

Supposedly you CAN, but it’s rare… Just as rare as it is to get it from Vanilla, supposedly. Vanilla might be a little faster, technically, because you can target-farm, but Crucible can net you multiple boss specific legendaries…theoretically.

Generally I find the answer is, farm wherever the hell you like and it’ll sort out eventually.

a very delicious looking char, now if only I could learn to love AAR . :stuck_out_tongue:

the damage is sweet too, got a lot of dead sorcs lying around so yeah maybe I will give this a go :cool:

Looks fun, I may give this a go. Just need to farm the gear…

beautiful build

Nice build but that build will not defeat herald of the stars in port valburry but fun build none the less

It’s not good for gear farming It cannot defeat herald of the stars the best place to farm port vallbury must be able to defeat it to use skeleton key and run in safely

but why ? A build like that is completely capable to beat Valbury (maybe not the fastest one but still …)

Hi master! but I havent tried this build yet…

this must be a crappy build then if you say so! .:rolleyes:

Rofl wat. My own AAR Sorcerer isn’t quite the same as the version posted here and easily kills the Herald of the Stars before its Flesh Hulk spawns can hit me. Now AAR is probably the worst way to go about clearing Valbury but this build should be entirely capable of doing so.

Wahhh. Why you say such a thing. Did you try it?

I know Port Valbury is hard for aether caster. There’re always pros-cons, advantage-disadvantage so.

Here is the video of killing Herald of the Stars

I start the game first time in a month to record this video. So I think I almost forget how to play caster . It’ll be a little awkward but it’ll clearly define the build capable from reckless play.

Also the best place to farm ordinary legendary is always crucible. I did valbury few times to test out some build. But I hate the linear map route which is so long. I manage to find rare legendary by trading with my loot from crucible. If I have to farm it myself, I’d use my spellbreaker for rush (jump fast using Shadow strike)

I don’t understand your constellations on the Grim Calc

I’m applying all the devotion points you have highlighted & end up running into a wall where I can’t access all of the constellations.

Can we have a skill build w/o bonus from gear? I’m pretty new to the gear and have like no idea how far I need to skill :confused:

Hey, could you post a build w/o skill bonus from gear? I’m pretty new to the game and don’t know how far to skill :confused:

From grimtool link. You can remove all the gear out and see w/o bonus.

I’m sorry to say that this build is something gear-dependent and it’s not newbie friendly as other build use to be. For newbie sorc, I’d like to introduce this build instead.
You can play all yourself then finding gear to an exact build. It is good for trial and error at first.

This build is to show true potential of a caster, present the concept and reasons why to max-min things.

I’m new around here… I don’t understand damage…
Basically, why is your damage only around 5000 dps? Does it matter what kind of damage that is? Cuz I have around 16000 phys-lightning dps at lvl 75, and it’s insignificant. I have to scrap the build basically. I was thinking of trying an AAR. Maybe Aether damage is bettah…?

The DPS shown in the sheet is from RMB and LMB shortcuts. Which I bind them with Oleron’s Might(LMB) and Flashbang(RMB).

The dmg from Oleron’s Might is pretty low because I’m not focus in weapon dmg. Scaled down by the cooldown to provide per sec is also make my DPS about 5k. Plus, no dmg from Flashbang.

The real AAR dmg is shown in the 2nd page where Thrasheur asked me to shown my AAR dps. So I switch AAR bind to my mouse then it’s show 87.5k dps.

PS. I prefer play AAR at skill bar than binding it to my mouse.

I want to ask about your opinion, what do you think about chaos AAR vs aether AAR?

Aether much stronger. I still haven’t succeed to make decent chaos build with good survivability and killtimes. InkOsk helped me much, but still it’s not a result I wanted.

How do you think about black flame set?
I want to create a character with AAR build, and the only set that give bonus to AAR is the black flame