[1.0.0.9]Just another gorgeous AAR Sorcerer

Nice set and nice build, but damage output lower then with InkOsk’ setup.

Okay then I’ll try InkOsk’s setup
Thanks for your explanation

Nice build OP! I’ve been playing around with the AAR for a bit and found that focussing on has a lot to offer!

Sadly, I never got to finish the build. I died early 72 making a careless mistake. RIP. The build was close to this (was finishing up elite. I did have almost all my res values capped): http://www.grimtools.com/calc/62aklmZ4

Anyhow, as I leveled I noticed most of my gear could be found with aether and elemental that supported the ray. My devotions had plenty of chaos. This made it easy to use either aether or chaos for leveling. I almost exclusively used chaos since aetherials have insane aether res. I tried changing it to aether in BoC runs. Didn’t notice a big difference. The ray was able to kill almost all heroes in under 3 seconds. Rather crazy. The gear I used was primarily crafted or from factions. Some pretty nice faction gear goes a long ways.

I loved using the Magi for AoE to help the ray clear. Once I got the meteor I switched over to it. At lvl 68 I put on two of the burning hand rings with a high conversion of aether to fire. I then switched the ray over to aether. I equipped an Iskandra relic once I hit 70. At that point I was hitting around 120k dps. I found that making sure you have your cast speed maxed made a huge difference in dmg. Note: I would have tried to optimize the remaining aether dmg from devotions, but I didn’t want to give up the extra poison res, health, and OA from the abomination.)

Sadly, I died before I got to finalize the build. I went ahead and messed around with a soft core toon that had been fully geared out to support a fire ray. With Iskandra’s relic I was able to sustain around 147k dps from just the ray.

I found that it works really well with either warlock or sorcerer builds. I think sorcerer would be preferred since it has blast shield and flame touched. I think I would still have my toon if I had that extra save from blast shield.

Anyhow, I think fire might be the highest raw dmg from just the ray. I think with optimization of the augments/ gear it would be possible to easily maintain 150k+ dos from the ray. It was laughable at how fast I could kill pretty much anything, as long as I did not get surrounded that is. Amazing build for party play. The build quickly became the hero killer.

Nevermind.

Awesome guide, thanks a lot! Doing a sorcerer myself, it helps me a lot.

I just have a quick question regarding the attributes distribution: do you put everything into phys or do you still keep some for some spirit?

With my current AAR Sorcerer, I had to dump a few points (5 I think) into Spirit. But for the most part, everything has been in Physique. My build is similar to this one, but I’m using Haunt as a main source of damage as well as RR.

Thanks for the quick answer!
I’m currently level 40 and I use haunt too, pretty neat relic.

Haunt has been useful for me all the way through Act 5 of Ultimate. The 15% RR for Aether is nice, but also the Aether DoT serves multiple functions. Not only does it wipe out all trash mobs - effectively allowing me to just focus on the bigger enemies with AAR and Devastation, but it also pulls aggro so I can lead the enemies into a chokepoint for maximum effect with Devastation. It also greatly helps when running through SoT against the ranged skeletons due to the fumble and impaired aim.

Coupled with my really high OA, it usually crits three or four times for the duration around 8k per crit. Assign Arcane Bomb to Haunt and you’ll have -47% RR on all affected enemies. I’m toying with the idea of adding a Mythical Codex of Lies to the build for the additional -15% Aether Resistance on attack (on top of OA reduction, movement reduction, and decent Aether damage). That being said, it’s only a 10% on attack so the chance is a bit low, but I’m sure if it procs on top of Arcane Bomb and Haunt, -62% Aether Resist would be a nice touch against some of the bigger bosses in the game, even if it is just for 4 seconds.

Sounds good indeed. I figured the cooldown of devastation is pretty long too so I’m basically using haunt + trozan’s sky shard to wipe out the trash mobs during my leveling.

If you stick to just Aether gear, you shouldn’t need more than Haunt, AAR, and Devastation. I didn’t even pick a second class until I was around level 68 and the only things that gave me trouble were enemies with high Aether resists. With those enemies, the fire damage from Devastation and AAR was sufficient for cleaning up anything left behind from Haunt (usually just the Aetherial wisps left behind from the scarecrows and the larger enemies like Flesh Hulks).

Devastation’s cooldown isn’t that long actually, but I can’t recall any normal enemies that survived a single barrage. The larger enemies (rager/hulks/tyrants/etc.) required all three skills, but since Devastation and Haunt are both AoE attacks, just focusing on the big enemies would obliterate everything else around them. If you get swarmed by a few larger enemies, toss out OFF to lock them in place, throw out a Devastation and start melting them with AAR.

Honestly, this build has been very similar to my poison caster Witch Hunter in that I didn’t encounter a single enemy or boss that gave me any trouble until I hit the middle of Ultimate. Once I left Elite and moved to Ultimate, I noticed my Haunt wasn’t cutting it for everything, but my gear did need some upgrading. Once I swapped a few pieces out, I was back to walking through the game again.

Thanks for the post. Yeah I figured, I just wanted to rush things through normal but I despect TSS when I reached elite today (haunt is more than enough as you mentionned, that was just some QOL).

I might hit a wall anytime soon since I don’t have all the items, but yet I’m having a blast with AAR / devastation combo.

The main “issue” I have is selecting my second class: at first I wanted to go for occultist but I wasn’t really sure. I made some research and found this guide so I went for demo instead (not very confident with my theory-crafting).

Hi

Do you think I should upgrade to this build with the new DLC :

http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57552

or stay on the InkOsk132 build?

Someone would have reworked the build since the update 1.0.2.1?

Thank you !

I’m currently running this, and it’s still pretty rad. I found a really useful chest piece called Fateweaver’s Raiment. It has a buff which gives 15% to all res, so it frees up quite a few component spaces for more OA and DA. The build be used to farm Edge of Reality, so I can’t complain.