[1.0.0.9]Conjurer-Avatar of Solael-Chaos/Vitality Doom Bolt+procs Build+Crucible Farmer

Arguing with Valdaran and Fabius over pie

Time to make Lokarr swollow his words. I’ve long wanted a bad ass Vitality/Chaos build that also abuses Doom Bolt and, after lots of testing, i’ve arrived to what is to me personally the easiest Crucible Gadiator build I have played. For a caster it has incredible resillience, able to stand in the middle of Elite mobs/Nemeses wreaking havoc with powerful procs and skills and tearing heroes in half with 2x Doom Bolt thanks to Time Dilation.

Video - Wave 140-150 Crucible of the Dead, arguably the hardest map for a caster but no problems here. Finished with horrendous lag as usual but that’s good news for you because it means you can perform better than me:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioxe-8H1nwQ

Some of the worst mutators to have in crucibe vs maiden, she sneaks a bursty crit in but that is all. And btw Flame Torrent was only lvl 12 in this video and Time Dilation lvl 9. It will be even better for you then

Anasteria Video (the nasty one at 137). Always kill Thalonis first as in the video, run straight to his spawn point, no sh!t given. Some good damage at 0:44:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACdvaO4fIxQ&feature=youtu.be

[i]Fights are very relaxed, just spam your spells. I deliberately face tank large mobs because the build can (within reason) and to maximize the added damage from flame torrent. Same can be done with Nemeses.

Although there is no Sharz+Sentinel at 149, the fights are just as relaxed, just go in and out. Let Sharz cast is stun+fire cleave then go at him. Kill the little guys first: Alkamos because >>he can freeze you<<, this is the only danger[/i]

Pic without crucible bonuses. DA is in a good place, OA is just fine with crucible bonuses. Getting good DA and OA is the only challenge with this build since we olny have Blood of dreeg.
Build grim calc without +skills & devotions:
https://grimcalc.com/build/1009-q2HSA5
With +skills:
http://grimcalc.com/build/1009-tE0Xi1
Notice I have dropped Manticore in Favor of Solemn watcher. Best decision imo. Manticore may give you higher numbers when it procs but survivability will be less reliable, you are already doing very good damage. Will leave in grim calc too along with the new tool for displaying gear and devotions which you can see lower in the Gear section.

Gameplay & Devotion Binding:
Curse of Frailty - Wendigo’s Mark
Devouring Swarm - Eldritch Fire
Sigil of Consumption - Flame Torrent
Solael’s Flame (from Symbol of Solael) - Hungering Void - You can put it on Chaos Strike too but I find this one better if you are forced to Kite. You will have maximized damage always while on the move
Doom Bolt - Time Dilation

Gear&Stats+Devotions::

http://www.grimtools.com/calc/9dVbBYVJ

Using this very helpful tool for the first time. If for whatever reason there will be requests for the usual list of gear i’ll do it. Note that there is one stat point because i haven’t yet done Hidden Path on Normal/Veteran

Some notes for Vanilla:
You can use Devil’s Cage Hauberk instead of Chestguard of Justice. Elemental resists can be compensated with augments since Aether and Chaos are generously overcapped. Also for anyone playing only Vanilla NON HC you can sneak in Manticore instead of Watcher for more damage. Watcher is there to give well rounded defense in crucible where we are already doing a lot of damage.

Chest components. Hollowed ground is strictly for vanilla to meet the outstanding rigors of DA requirements there. Shield builds can get away with just over 2200 DA. I felt this build needed more. feel free to use Chains of Oleron for more OA (very useful) and % total damage or Kilrian’s Shattered soul

Some detailed insights:

The resilience of the build comes from having very strong life stealing spells and procs (except for Wendigo’s Mark they don’t do a whole lot of damage but combined, they add up nicely):

Sigil of consumption skill+ring proc, Devouring Swarm, Wendigo Totem, Wendigo devotion proc, minor life steal from Flame torrent+Solael pants

The power of the build comes from high damage high damage skills, debuffs and procs:

• Doom bolt (anywhere between 100 and 250K, and that’s without manticore). Base damage in crucible with Hungering Void aways active:

• Entropy. Very good proc, high damage in crucible:

• Helmet proc. Black Flame. this thing is amazing. It’s like Infernal Knight set proc but bore flat damage and without burn. Also debuffs enemy OA and DA. Procs all over the place:

Relic. Also very good, you’ll forget about it but it’s doing good work for you all the time:

-Flame Torrent (excellent when standing in the middle of a mob)

Rr Debuffs (most also Damage the enemy):

Curse of Frailty (Vulnerablility), Devouring Swarm, Eldritch Fire, Dagger and Off-hand procs, Solael’s Flame

Final thoughts:

I’m Really hoping the expansion will show Doom Bolt more love. Maybe some set or gear that give it modifiers. It would be cool to have a build even more centered around this skill, much like Shadow Strike builds.

Have fun tearing heads off:)

Attachment: 12.jpg

Very nice! :slight_smile:

That Doombolt damage. :cool: Love to see a build making use of Doombolt again. Never have seen it again, after that old, broken Time Dilation proc was changed.

Chestguard of Justice just for the massive DA boost I guess? How is this build holding up in Vanilla vs Nemesis and Bosses?

What a great past couple of days for builds…

Thank you. Chestguard is indeed for DA. Got a good roll with 5% DA and over 50 flat. For Vanilla Devil Cage is fine. Will add it as an option.

As for vanilla, you can cast your curses with one hand and eat popcorn/poke your nose with the other while tanking Shar’zul:D Same for nemeses. Might add a video of it.

@Ceno. Tank you.:slight_smile:

Cool idea, I certainly will try out a Doombolt + Hourglass build. Question though: Why a Conjurer and not a warlock?

Inner Focus
Arcane Will
Fabric of Reality

Survivability - vs the survivability lost from Shaman?
Maiven’s Sphere
Mirror

Perhaps AAR (though I understand the focus is on Doombolt)

I’ma copy this build, fourth forum build i copy (behind Maelstrom, Sober’s Tremor Pyro and Squib’s Warder)

That screenshot, that Doom Bolt damage, and plus using a Witch God’s name in the title.

You just made my day

EDIT:

I keep forgetting to confirm this, but is Decimation really that good? I know the relic is but the proc, i noticed it can only hit limited targets

psssst

http://www.grimtools.com/calc/

The proc is decent. It procs 24/7, so the damage adds up. Additionaly, it gets rid of ranged trash mobs hitting you.

Calc is still upto date and still being updated by the original creator. So i don’t see any problem with people using it

I myself only switched from Gracefuldusk to GrimTools Item DB when i noticed gracefuldusk had stopped updating for atleast 2 patches

Hmm, i guess i just don’t notice it then

TY

Who ever said it was a problem?
It’s hilariously easy to just upload your char to it and post a link. It has loads of great features over grimcalc.

There’s literally no reason to at least not include a grimtool link.

True but the biggest issue i personally noticed with any tool is that sometimes when it breaks it’s left broken

Calc gave me this trouble with Demolitionist builds. Almost every patch Calc for demolitionist got broken and skill point distribution went haywire
They never fixed it and one had to redo the entire calc

GrimTools convenient, almost too convenient and it’d save anyone a lot of time especially since it includes item names, calc etc.

But if it were to break, it’d be a bitch of an itch :rolleyes:

I guess some people can use it, but i have a scary number of builds here if GT got an error then it’d be almost 2x as much as work as fixing Calc since i’d need to redo a bunch of stuff. So i don’t use it

I do respect the people who take their time making this stuff though. This is just my opinion. I would love to switch to GrimTools but it’s new so i am willing to wait. My past experiences with Calc is the reason why i am a little hesitant to try this stuff.

EDIT:

I might add a the link due to popular demand on my new build

I just did that:p

what can I say…old habits:)

Yeah i’ve noticed it can break at times too. I’m sure it’s still being worked on though so hopefully it’ll be less breakable in the future. But yeah i just wanted to remind people it exists and it works great most of the time. And it’s really easy to just upload your char to it, filling out mastery points, devotions and all your gear together with augments and components will show up (most of the time, i’ve had times where my weapons wouldn’t show up and i’d have to manually add them). So basically i’m not saying it should replace it, but just use it as an addition because of how easy and convenient it is.

Sorry for off-topic. Looks like a solid build fluff. I’d give it a whirl but i don’t have much time to level any new characters these days

Nah, i understand your point

I am hoping for it to become more stable. It’d save us build posters a lot of time. Cause writing guides is tedious

You’re right people need to be reminded it’s out there and it’d be encouraging if build posters use it

I can’t possibly edit all my builds but my new build will have a GT link

nice one… another build to try out… dont really care if a build is not effective… crucible ready or hardcore viable… as long as it looks good… in the fashion department . then im in ! nice use of doombolt btw… thanks fluffy!
:rolleyes:

Nice one :slight_smile:
Great use of doom bolt :slight_smile:

This guys knows what’s up

Just a heads up, unlike grimcalc, I use stable ids everywhere (items, affixes, set, skills, controllers, factions etc.), so this pretty much gurantees that all builds will always use the same data, at least I can’t imagine how they can break.

Nice build! I want to watch vs Nemesis in main campaign.
btw, name is wrong. Wendigo Totem -> Wendigo’s Mark

Hmm, thanks

Like i promised when i get some more time the new build will use GT. Depending on the stability i’ll use it on the future stuff

But i hope you can understand if i can’t update all 20 of my builds despite the tool itself being convenient :rolleyes: