[1.0.0.9] Dracarris Incarnate - Pet/Fire Hybrid Pyromancer, 6s Mad Queen, Solo Gladiator Extra Spawn

Pretty sure it doesn’t. I think it only sells Obsidian Cleavers and Bloodworn Signets.

A Quick Announcement

A few days ago, this build crossed a major milestone: Dracarris Incarnate is the most popular new Grim Dawn build of year 2017 [V1.0.0.7+] with over 100K views in just 4 months. Thank you for all your support!

There are two separate issues here. The first is that you’re not effectively gearing for endgame at all. I suggest you first start with ForgottenKane’s Hardcore Survival Guide to help understand why you shouldn’t be doing things like:[ul]
[li]Misprioritizing health components over resist components (shoulders, pants). Try to cap resists first, then focus on health.[/li]
[li]Errors in component selection and placement (helm, belt, gloves). Use Leathery Hide on helm, Antivenom Salve on belt, and something for either resist or health on gloves.[/li]
[li]Inefficient armor augments, especially overcapping one resist when you have others at negative. Sort out your components first, then use augments to boost your weakest resistances.[/ul][/li]The second issue is that while you’ve mostly followed the devotion path and skill progression correctly from the Guide, you still need to do better at following the guidance on equipment priorities. Here are some changes per the guide:[ul]
[li]Remove all points from Vindictive Flame and reduce points in Possession to max out Hellfire. Per the Guide: “Always keep your flat damage auras (Flame Touched, BoD, Hellfire, Storm Spirit) and resist reduction (CoF, Vulnerability) maximized to support your pets.”[/li]
[li]Replace Flintcore Bolts in offhand with Enchanted Flint (at level 63 per Leveling Guide).[/li]
[li]Per Leveling Guide, the correct relic progression is Calamity -> Savage -> Primal Instinct. Replace Sacred Talisman since it does nothing for this build.[/li]
[li]All weapon and jewelry augments need to be replaced with Mogdrogen’s Blessing and Witch’s Powder, and the medal should be replaced with Legion Mark of the Void. The Guide lists pet OA as one of the highest equipment priorities.[/li]
[li]Bloodsworn Signet should be replaced with something with higher survivability, such as Gollus’ Rings. The Guide lists survivability much higher than +% pet damage for equipment prioritity.[/li]
[li]Chillsurge Ring should be replaced. On-hit and low character radius procs do not fit our build at all since we try to maintain range at all times, and the proc itself is also extremely weak.[/ul][/li]Once you’ve made these changes, you should see your character’s performance improve significantly.

“Of the Untamed” is actually more useful for non-pet builds, since most pet builds don’t make good use of its OA bonus and its actual pet bonuses are pretty weak (health and only 3% speed).

Not only does “Of the Wild” provide far better damage and speed for pets, but its DA bonus is especially invaluable for reducing crits in Gladiator. Gaining 10% more health from “Of the Untamed” at the cost of eating many more crits (at 2-3x damage per crit) is a pretty bad trade. Keep in mind that our build already has among the lowest DA of any Gladiator build.

I’d suggest simply doing the Bloodsworn heroes on the way to Guardian of Bysmiel. Most builds are going to spending a lot of time farming one of the Sect pants anyway, so might as well kill two birds with one stone.

I’m also a huge fan of farming MIs in multiplayer Gladiator. You can easily pick up over 100 MIs per hour, and once you have many thousands of MIs stashed away in Item Assistant, you’re bound to find a few that would be useful for this build or another build that you’re working on.

In general, trying to farm for one specific affix on one specific MI for one specific build can be pretty soul crushing, hence my alternate strategies.

Thank you all for your very precious remarks. I adjusted my resistances according to Ryzel’s suggestion and passed Loghorrean with only one or two deaths (when adds are too many my FPS drops significantly, also tentacles make matters worse, plus I a bit careless still)

This is my character now, if anyone might have further suggestions (beside adding an enchanted flint to the offhand, which I will totally do)

I’m still working on Black Legion rep for those augments.

PS. Congratulations DaShiv on the popularity of the build, it’s definitely worth it!

Congrats on defeating Loghorrean! He’s actually a fairly challenging fight for pet builds due to his CC abilities on your pets as well as constant adds, so it’s a good accomplishment by itself.

Firstly, here are a few small tweaks:[ul]
[li]Remove all points in Vindictive Flame, reduce Manipulation down to 12/12 after items, and take one point off Possession. Bring Thermite Mines and Vulnerability up to 10 points each.[/li]
[li]Replace Bristly Fur (belt) with Antivenom Salve.[/li]
[li]Replace Mark of Traveler (boots) to Mark of Mogdrogen.[/li]
[li]Replace Unholy Sigil of Covenant (medal) with Legion Mark of the Void. The OA bonus is far more valuable than the Unholy Covenant set bonus.[*]Fill in missing helmet augment.[/ul][/li]Longer term, you’ll want to start crafting Exalted Treads for a good pair of Stonehide boots to help your resists. You’ll also need other gear upgrades across the board, especially amulet, rings, belt, and shoulder - health and resists should be the main priority. Most importantly, you’ll need to farm for the Primal Instinct blueprint: multiplayer Gladiator is best for farming in general, and treasure troves are also good for blueprints.

If you keep following this path, your character will soon grow strong enough to take on the secret campaign content (Hidden Path, Sentinel, Mad Queen, and Edge of Reality) and to solo Challenger and eventually Gladiator. Good luck!

Question to DaShiv

How can you tell which pets are affected by auras for added flat damage, and which are not able to do so?
I know you mentioned something about pets that do Weapon % damage or something, but where is this information shown?

Hello,

Just to say that this guide is amazing and since I don’t have many time to read cuz of work , I just followed it and it just works extremly good.

I wanted to ask if there is any chance of this guide being updated/changed with the new content at some point?

Thanks in advance!

As with many things pet-related, information about whether a pet benefits from flat damage isn’t displayed anywhere in-game. The pet tooltips will not reflect the effects of flat damage auras.

Some generalizations (there may be exceptions): any melee pet or weapon-using ranged pet will have default attacks that are affected by flat damage. What will NOT be affected by flat damage are:

1. Any magical ranged ability, such as the Raven’s default Storm Orb attack. These usually affect multiple enemies.
  2. Any ability that operates on cooldown, such as mastery-granted abilities like Ember Claw. Again, these usually affect multiple enemies.

Yes, once I’ve had the chance to run this build through xpac. As with approximately 50% of the veteran players though, I have my hands full with necromancer right now (and the other 50% of vets are playing inquisitors, no doubt).

Please give us a heads up if you think necromancer will overtake this a no.1 pets build. With new constellations and classes (not sure about equipment), there might be possibilities to make this build stronger than ever.

Dashiv

Do you know if the Inquistor’s Aura of Censure’s flat fire damage apply to minions and allies?

The funny thing I think the best build will be a fusion of this build fundamentals (flat damage auras and RR) combined with a larger number of pets.

Flame Torrent Skeletons plus Swarmlings. Legit so far in elite with self found gear.

Perhaps but you might be discounting what Dracarris gets from Occultist to finish the build magic.

There’s a lot of good synergy between flame touched and swarmlings that will carry over but what demo loses out on missing Occultist is Hellfire (and of course CoF). Flame Torrent is partly fire, partly chaos.

Not arguing or anything, just thinking out loud. I’m very curious to see how Defiler stacks up.

So far I’ve been comparing the Cabalist and Dracarris because of the calls to nerf Flame Torrent and I’ve been surprised at my results. A Defiler build may actually make the case for a nerf more than Cabalist ever could which would have the funny result of punching down on another build while stepping over it.

Guess we’ll see.

Sorry should of mentioned this earlier its a Occ/Necro build but based on this builds fundamentals. From Demo all you get is Flame touched and RR (which you get from Occ anyway plus more).

Thank you so so so much for posting this build and in such great detail.

Like saying the steps for the devotions it helps so much.

I learnt a lot from your build only at level 30, like I didnt know you can get items to shoot fireballs and all these auras and relic skills.

Now when i log on i activate all my pets and different auras really feel like a badass.

Also i got lucky and found two items which summon a crystal lizard and another one for an acid scorpion. Super happy many thanks :slight_smile:

I wish all build guides had noobie leveling breakdowns like this one does. This guide is exactly what I have been looking for. Well done and thank you!

Most of us will only ever be poor craftsmen at build guides. DaShiv is Michelangelo.

First of all thanks for the detailed build guide, I’ve decided to roll this build for the new expansion but i have very little gear and am worried about stalling without the recipe for primal instinct or a pair of Bonescavenger’s Deathgrips, I’m currently lv 68 and my clear speed is slowing slightly.

I did a bit of trading and got a pair of Mythical Bonescavenger’s Deathgrips, but 84 is while a way yet and I don’t know if i can clear mythical and farm enough to get to the point to equip them without primal instinct.

First questions first, how come you don’t put at least one point in ember claw? It reads like a little bit of AoE for the hellhound and it would be useful, at least for levelling, can’t say i’ve tested it.

If and when I get to the point i can equip a pair of Bonescavenger’s Deathgrips, how will I proc the on kill effect, am i correct in the belief that it has to be my character that kills an enemy and not my pets?

And what ability would be best to do this? I’ve still got the greater fireball on my left click but it has outworn its usefulness and really needs replacing with the additional fire dmg buff.

I am using the savage relic, but the storm hound feels like my only pet to ever die, i’ve got the Black Grimoire of Og’Napesh and the empowered version which I’ll use in a couple of levels, are their any more good levelling items/summons i can acquire to assist me to a level where it will be easier to farm the primal instinct relic recipe?

Thanks in advance!

Zotta

I have a question to the mechanics:

You have written:

Pets that do not have % weapon damage attacks will not benefit from additional flat damage. These include the raven (Summon Familiar), rift scourge (Blightshard Amulet), and voidfiends (Will of Bysmiel).

But that can’t be all off the Pets without % weapon damage: What is with Primal Spirit? Briarthorn? And where is the % weapon damage for the hellhound?

I’m really confused?

Now i’m totally confused: After reading the Relic Primal Instinct. I can’t see any weapon damage on it? What am i missing?

DaShiv answered a similar question further up, i’ll add what he has said here:

Thx you. But that totally “piss me off”. I have played my conjurer in HC around 150h without knowing that. Now she is dead…

But i can follow the damage improving by using the dummys ingame? Or is this not correctly displayed, too?

Why are such important facts not explained in the official Game Guide?

But thx you for clarification.

Not sure what this is asking. If you mean you can track your pet’s damage in game by testing them on training dummies then yes.

Why are such important facts not explained in the official Game Guide?

Who knows :stuck_out_tongue: I could ask why every game developer out there doesn’t detail every last mechanic in their game down to a programming level in their manual but I think that would annoy the people who don’t give a damn about such things.