[1.0.1.1] Hot n Cool Commando - Meteor Whirlpool Annihilator

#include <annihilation.h>
int main() {
~ Dual Wielding Physical Meteor Whirlpool Commando ~

Videos :
Meteor Annihilator Commando :
~ Van Aldritch Port of Valbury (Minutes 3:24 - Last Hit Meteor hit the Wall ^^)
~ Cronley’s Gang Bosses Run (2 Ectoplasm) (Minutes 2:24 - Meteor hit the Wall again)
~ Cronley’s Gang Bosses Run (1 Ectoplasm)
~ Fabius Empowered Immaterial Edge
~ Flames of Valbury
~ Mad Queen
~ Loghorrean

Meteor Rain Avenger Commando : --> please check below for details
~ Nemesis + Bosses (NEW)
~ Mad Queen (NEW)

Empyrion Spear Avenger Commando : --> please check below for details
~ Fabius + Cronley (NEW)

[b]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/b]
DW Hot n Cool Commando - Meteor Whirlpool Annihilator

• We’ll feel playing this one like Hybrid Melee Caster toon (Reminds me to Hybrid Seraphim in old Sacred 1)
    Flashbang is our skill for ‘summons’ Whirlpool and we have Meteor (it can missed the target though)

• Build concept is similar with Blademaster, Trickster, and Warder that using Beronath, Reforged to convert Elemental Damage to Physical Damage.

• This time, besides Leviathan’s Whirlpool, I use Meteor from Annihilation Relic for additional cool elemental skill.

• Annihilation has +1 to All Skills in Demolitionist, Flat Fire Damage, and Physical Damage Booster.

• Actually we can also use other relics like Oleron’s Wrath, Blademaster’s Talisman, Avenger, or Ulzuin’s Pyroclasm.

• After trying with several builds using Beronath conversion, I think that if we want exclusively use the weapon for converting elemental, we need to take a look about energy regen.

[Itemization]
Legendary - Beronath, Reforged: Conversion to Elemenal removed. Skill proc redesigned. Now a granted toggled buff with a high energy upkeep that grants 5% Crit damage and 100% of Elemental dealt as Physical.
It takes 5 Active Energy cost per Second.

It’s better if we invest good enough spirit, so we shouldn’t have difficult time when using skills in combat.

Spirit investment may vary between builds, it depends on the gear, components, devotions constellation taken, and the mastery skills used.
My point is, for some builds, we may can’t take “usual” route to put a little point into Spirit for jewelry/gear and rest to Physique.
Otherwise, we may have difficult time in combat due to lost of energy.
Elixir of Spirit cooldown is not as friendly as old time.

Some devotion constellation can help us to maintain our energy like Owl, Dryad, Scales of Ulcama, Viper, Tree of Life Healing Rain, Oklaine’s Lantern.
And also some components like Focusing Prism, Ectoplasm, Mark of Illusions, Soul Shard, Arcane Spark, Arcane Lens (Please let me know if I missed some components)

In this build I invest 20 points into Spirit, 10 points to Cunning (In order to equip Reaver’s Claw for Pierce Commando testing purpose), and rest into Physique.

Annihilation’s Meteor has 334 Energy Cost, it’s high enough.
I use Ectoplasm on Rings for maintains the energy regen.

Here is video using 1 Ectoplasm --> Video1
Here is video using 2 Ectoplasm --> Video2

Attributes :
Physique - 60
Cunning - 10
Spirit - 20

Grimtools :
~ http://www.grimtools.com/calc/4ZD41kZ7

[b]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/b]
DW Hot n Cool Commando - Meteor Rain Whirlpool Avenger

Again, this one is also feels like Hybrid Melee Caster.
Oleron’s Might is our Meteor Shower ‘button’ with 100% Chance on Attack.
Flashbang is our Leviathan Aeon’s Caller.

Thanks to Superfluff that reminds me about this Sweet Treasure ^^

Combination of Meteor Shower, Whirlpool, and Avenger makes very nice AoE as you can see on the Videos

Grimtools :
~ http://www.grimtools.com/calc/L2JpzkZp

Video :
~ Fabius + Cronley Bosses
~ MQ

[b]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/b]
DW Hot n Cool Commando - Empyrion Spear Avenger

Thanks to our friend skipperx for suggest me to try Spear of the Heavens and Light of Empyrion

It’s nice (you can see it in action on the new video uploaded), actually it would be Cool if the Constellations have Physical Damage boosting (% Physical Damage).

Well, in my opinion, as Tier-3 Constellations the Procs are not too great.
Spear of the Heavens procs have a low damage, short AoE (only 0.5 meter), and too slow with 1 Second Skill Recharge hits one by one the opponents.
If only it has wider area like this one, it’ll be Cool ^^
Even some peoples avoid it in it’s original state as Aether - Lightning procs, and save the last point elsewhere.

In the name of Damage, Light of Empyrion procs also is not good enough.
It’s Chance of Confuse, Damage Reduction, wider AoE, more Resistances, and perhaps the Racial Damage are the pros.
It’s cooldown also a little bit too long.

Even though, the constellation path taken has good enough OA and DA boosting. Combine with Avenger juicy %DA, we can get around 2400 DA (as you can see on the pict above)

The Procs also passive, and could be bound to any passive skills.

A Sword and Board version also nice, combine with maxed Counter Strike.
I recommended using this setup with a Witchblade or Battlemage, since they have Skills for additonal Physical RR.
And may be with a WB Bloody Pox touch like sfbistimg and Superfluff did ^^

It seems the brand New Devotion Constellations in the future update will provide us with Cool Skills/Procs and gives us a wide options of builds variations :wink:

Grimtools :
~ http://www.grimtools.com/calc/wV18Bm2D

Video :
~ Fabius + Cronley

[b]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/b]

Alternative Setup (Offensive) :
~ http://www.grimtools.com/calc/a2E4mJNd

return 0;
}

~ Reservedz ~

Cool, I really like conversion builds and this looks really strong.

I also made a commando using the beronath with a different approach, focus on tankiness and elemental procs. It works ok but it took me almost a minute to kill mad queen. Works better in crucible.

http://www.grimtools.com/calc/JVl6mjNO

I think I will respecc to something simular to your version though:=)

Can’t write more now but just 1 tip
Use pyrocalsm, much more dmg and no energy consumption.

Or Avenger, also very strong

I made Annihilation this week to see if the skill was as weak as people said it was.

It is.

I want that Pyroclasm back :furious:

I made Anihilation just because I had 2 Ulzuin’s Pyroclasms lying around (still cost me leg and an arm) and tested it on my sorcerer. What an underwhelming relic. That meteor spell although very strong is useless in most situatons because of the low radius and big cooldown.

On a different note, all builds right now kinda look the same with Warborns/Shard of Beronath and ele > phys conversion.

EDIT: but nice build still :slight_smile:

Nice idea :slight_smile:
If only there are Physical Damage boosting (+%Physical Damage) in Amatok, Tempest, and Ulzuin’s Torch, it would be nice build :wink:

Thanks for the advices :slight_smile:

I’ve added the Avenger relic on the post.
Yes it’s strong, nice AoE and cooldown, also have sweet %DA :smiley: (Thank you for remind me about this treasure)

Also agree with Ulzuin’s Pyroclasm.
+1 to All Skills in Demolitionist, 1 Second Skill Recharge, Projectiles, 100% Chance to pass through Enemies, no energy used, and all be Physical Damage :stuck_out_tongue:

May be I shall make new setup/grimtools/videos when I have leisure time later :slight_smile:

If only it has less cooldown time, less energy consumption, and has wider area. Annihilation could be a very nice Mythical Relic

Well, Annihilation cost is very Hot.
While the Meteor it’s granted is not as Hot as it’s cost :stuck_out_tongue:

This and This are non physical builds and good enough even without full warborn gear

Damage Conversion is interesting mechanics :wink:

New Beronath, Reforged is very cool idea from Devs that open more variaty to Physical builds.

Could we imagine Trickster, Conjurer, Saboteur, Pyromancer, Spellbreaker, Witch Hunter, Elementalist, Sorcerer, or perhaps a Druid become a physical builds before?
Or may be Physical Storm Totem, Physical Whirlpool, even Physical Blizzard, Tempest, and Physical Meteor Shower like Grillz and Fluff did :smiley:

Physical builds used to be need to be paired with a Soldier Mastery.
Now it’s even better builds variations.
The ability to reset attributes points in the future update also support this :slight_smile:

It is possible to use spear of heaven and light of empyrion too :slight_smile:

2 procs with a low CD

Build Updated

New Version - Meteor Rain Avenger Commando
New grimtools and Videos available :slight_smile:

I have created a BM with Light of Empyrion and Spear of Heavens procs.

It looks also nice :slight_smile:

http://www.grimtools.com/calc/O2GLqlVd

Thank you for the suggestion
I have tweak it so it has more damage and DA :slight_smile:

Build updated
New version : new video and grimtools available

I think it’s just a symptom of the typical cycle of a hack-‘n’-slash ARPG. Many skills have been nerfed across the last couple of months, rendering some builds obselete and some at least significantly weaker, so people come up with new stuff.
Remember how S&B Witchblades ruled the place with full Markovian’s Fortress set? The set has now fallen into disfavour with many people because it all depended upon the granted skill Markovian’s Vigilance, effectively allowing Overguard to be up without interruption.
Sorcerers and sorceresses now also have a harder time, since the damage absorption of Blast Shield was significantly nerfed. Before the nerf, a couple of points spent in the skill basically granted you invulnerability for its entire duration, which added to Mirror of Ereoctes’s three seconds, so that you could achieve seven seconds of invulnerability (with ME at softcap). While Blast Shield is still effective, as is the combination of it with ME, it’s significantly tougher than it used to be.
Now we are waiting for the new stuff to be nerfed, I suppose. :smiley:

On a different note, nice build, even though I’m not that much into converting elemental to physical damage. Unorthodox stuff appears to be thriving momentarily, it would seem to me, so I suppose I need to overcome my conventional thinking as to how to build my characters. It’s off to theory-crafting for me, then. :slight_smile:

No problem man :slight_smile:
Nice, you found another path to get both Tier 3 Constellations :cool:

Next patch/hotfix :

Might of Beronath : now convert 50% of Elemental to Physical

:smiley:

the build looks really strong anyway :wink:

oh no :frowning:

You can have Might of Beronath twice? to get 100%? ^^

the next variation: Empyrion and Magi with lots of DA! :cool:

http://www.grimtools.com/calc/0V0X91Vm

Yes, and Warborn Gavel converts 50% of physical damage to elemental damage in order to counter all the elemental-to-physical conversion builds. lol
(Just for clarification, I was being sarcastic. I feel I need to state this because sometimes when I’m being sarcastic, people actually make things true, and then I’m like, ‘Why the hell did you do that? I was being sarcastic, damn it!’.)
But seriously, Warborn is the next hot candidate for a nerf. Meanwhile, quite a few relics could need a buff, as they are never used by anyone, as in: ever. I mean, yeah, obviously, why would anyone use anything else than a relic that grants +1 to all skills in X mastery? And then there’s Annihilation… perhaps it’s just called that because it annihilates your will to use it or play the game? I don’t know.

But seriously, Warborn is the next hot candidate for a nerf. Meanwhile, quite a few relics could need a buff, as they are never used by anyone, as in: ever. I mean, yeah, obviously, why would anyone use anything else than a relic that grants +1 to all skills in X mastery? And then there’s Annihilation… perhaps it’s just called that because it annihilates your will to use it or play the game? I don’t know.

+1 to mastery is not that good, actualy. I would chose -20%RR over +1 all the time. Or 15% HP and 5% DA in some case`s

Actually there are a lot of Elemental elements in Devotion Constellations :

• Spear of the Heavens
  • Amatok the Spirit of Winter
  • Light of Empyrion
  • Tempest
  • Widow
  • Wraith
  • Ulzuin’s Torch
  • Hydra (Can’t use for Melee Conversion - Ranged weapon required)
  • Fiend
  • Imp
  • Tsunami
  • Scholar’s Light
  • Crab
  • Rhowan’s Crown
  • Leviathan
  • Blind Sage

There will be a lot of combinations available :slight_smile:
It’s not include elemental from Mastery Skills, Gears, Relics yet.
Imagine a Druid with a lot of elemental element.
Even so, it need the %damage boosting from gear, skills, devotion, and RR
Also we can’t forget the defensive factors for our toon