[1.0.2.1]The DoT Vindicator or how to cheese the game with greens

724 spirit for the last tier off hands, 1077 physique for the last tier heavy armor. Rest of the points is up to preference, I put them in cunning meaning I kept cunning and physique fairly even at 44 points each, the other 11 went into spirit.

I tried around with a lot of stuff, in the end this is the most efficient setup that contributes towards the build from the devotion context in terms of completion reward and star value, if you want to have Hourglass, Ultos and Chariot.

You can only free up points for Rhowan’s if you sacrifice another strong constellation. The problem is less Hourglass and more the requirements for Ultos. So either one has to go in this case and that just ruins the build, you need the res debuff and hefty damage bonuses from Ultos and the cooldown reduction from Hourglass for getting top DPS.

One major problem is there are no good 3/2 Chaos/Eldritch constellations for elemental casters. So completing Behemoth is a must sadly.

Hard to argue with this

Boosting up all relevant skills while at the same time giving yet another easy proc to activate. Maybe the inquisitor skill could be better, something like Word of Renewal.

How is this build at bossing?

Can kill the last boss on ultimate but you reeeeally need to be careful with the first phase where he summons storm colossi. I can do both Bastion of chaos and Steps of torment without any hiccups. So far I’ve beaten 3 nemesis bosses - Alexander, Grava and Valdaran. The fights are not fast though so really no point in farming them. Haven’t tried the super bosses for obvious reasons, don’t think this build will ever be able to beat them anyway.

What do you think about spear of the heaven in devotion instead of time dilation?

I tried it right now and it completely ruins the flow. It gives about 100 more OA and the damage of my main skill jumps from 8.6k to 9k. However a big chunk of the boss killing/group clearing damage comes from resetting the cool down of wind devil and storm totem. You cant do that so when you face a boss you need to run around waiting for the cool down to come back. Also the proc from spear is activated when you get hit but by going spear you don’t want to get hit because there is no word of renewal reset. Once you use it and then chug down a potion you’ll be completely exposed with no way to get your health back up.

Overall I am not feeling it. Maybe if the build used aether damage more but there is no aether in the shaman tree.

Could you fit in some constellation like bat or wendigo for lifestealing skills? The damage wouldn’t be much, but with how often storm totems and wind devils can proc stuff it could be decent sustain. Or if you can’t bind those skills on your totems and devils, maybe a single one point on grasping vines just to proc the devotions (plus the nice slow to help kiting around while you wait for cooldowns) could work. You could maybe get the extra points by going only up to level 40 on the inquisitor mastery bar, since you don’t take any skills beyond that.

For life steal you need %of weapon dmg on the skill and i dont think the skills this build use have it.
Not sure im right about it

By the way, why do we go for Cunning? Isnt spirit gives the same DoT bunus + some more elemental dmg?

Lightning procs require OA and so does deadly aim. And of course cunning itself boosts up duration damage.

With full mythical legendary gear perhaps it’ll be for the best to put everything in physique and rely on items for the offensive stats but on green budget its not really possible.

Didn’t knew that Cunning improve offensive ability, thanks :slight_smile:

I am pretty sure the lifesteal on the wendigo proc applies to the proc’s damage (like sigil of consumption), I’ve seen it work with AAR, which has no weapon damage. The same should apply to twin fangs from the bat constellation.

Haha I just destroyed Alexander in less than a minute. Keep chasing me, bro!

And like this Kubacabra is no more

Took me about 2 minutes of running around but its perfectly fast and doable. I guess I’ve done everything the expansion has to offer except for Burrowholm’s nemesis. But they are my friends :confused:

What should i max first for leveling? any quick tips?

Word of pain and that big cold explody rune. Runes are actually pretty good at the beginning when you can hoard a bunch of harmless mobs in one place and blow them up.

Thanks, and when should i switch back to storm box and start using shaman skill aswell?

Ideally you want all three damage skills to be up and running then link 2 of them to tsunami and reckless tempest. Its up to you whether you also want to get stormcaller’s pact before the switch.

Even devouring swarm can be a great levelling skill. The first few points it seems weak, but it quickly becomes very strong and can carry you at least up to cronley before it starts falling off in terms of damage.

By the way guys if you can get your hands on this go for it.

http://www.grimtools.com/db/items/8658

Boosted my OA to 3k(unbuffed) and my crit damage to 84%. I am slamming 2.34-2.44 crits all the time which is an insane damage ramp.