[1.0.2.1]The DoT Vindicator or how to cheese the game with greens

What kind of augments should i focus on getting, also what line in order skills should i max first after getting tempest and respecing to storm box?

Augments: Go for the covenant/malmouth lighting+electrocute+life augments. The rest are about resistance capping.

Skills:
storm box + lightning tether are the main priority because of their insane boss killing potential
storm totem + raging tempest are next for AoE clear and -res debuff
stormcaller’s pact and word of renewal round up nicely the offense and defense

deadly aim + heart of the wild are mostly gear/difficulty dependent
once you start critting constantly deadly aim will be king, heart of the wild for late elite/ultimate to prevent one shots

last skills are up to preference but I like to prioritize wind devil over maelstrom because wind devil is consistent damage(do try to get maelstrom to at least 2 targets via +skills though) and I like to prioritize vigor over steel resolve because I obviously cant take advantage of all the bonuses steel resolve provides

get 1 point in horn once you unlock time dilation

I’m not sure I understand the mechanics of Tether. Does it only affect mobs running into the ray between you and the primary target? Or is there also an additional effect/damage on the primary target?

Divide the electrocute damage by 2. add it to the lightning damage and you get your storm box dps, meaning that lightning tether only works on mobs who pass the tether(it also slows them). But you gotta also remember that storm box itself has an AoE which hits if the enemies are close enough. To my understanding it is possible to hit something with storm box and with the tether at the same time if they are positioned favorably.

Thanks. Makes sense. :slight_smile:

So that means Lightning Tether contributes nothing to (single) boss fights. Makes me a bit sad. :frowning:

I’m presently leveling this guy (still in veteran). It’s really fun.

I aim for another devotion configuration, though (more RR):

http://www.grimtools.com/calc/q2MAPol2

Great thanks mate, one last question, how about the relics?

Eye of the Storm is a pretty obvious choice. Maybe one of the new relics but I haven’t found any of them yet.

Unfortunately there is not a single good level 90 lightning relic so eye of the storm it is. Its annoying to craft though, this is what prevents me from trying to get better random bonuses.

Just registered to say thanks so much for this build!

I took a few characters to around level 60 back in early access and found they started to suck a bit after normal due to lacking good gear - however, I just returned to the game and am having massive fun with this. I deliberately looked for a build that wasn’t gear dependent this time. I actually started aiming for the ‘Zero To Hero’ warder posted by MalVeaux on here (I can’t post a link as I don’t have 3 forum posts yet), but switched to this build before committing to a second mastery because I’d found a yeti horn offhand that massively buffed wind devil, which I found far more useful than grasping vines at that stage.

The build absolutely ripped through normal using self-found gear and now in my early 60s I’m tearing through elite! Generally, I’ve realised that shaman is a super-fast class to level. Much more fun to play than my old battlemage and sorcerer, who were my first chars and were definitely much slower to level and cleared much slower too!

Made my own devotion setup for this one. Has all the lightning skills and as much resist reduction as I could. Still 4 points left over, not sure what to do with them, whatever you want I guess.

http://www.grimtools.com/calc/lV7pPAvZ

The build feels like its almost done. Things like the amulet, rings combination, helm, gloves and weapon/off-hand are BIS with the rest perhaps being upgradeable.

http://www.grimtools.com/calc/lV79pGaN

I was farming some Ugdenblooms yesterday, met Kuba a couple of times and melted him no problem even before getting my max bleed resist. It feels pretty powerful for farming nemesis/rogue dungeons.

I would go for that groble MI off hand that gives +1 totem limit and -3 second recharge. Farming them is not fun however.

Yeah starting to have fun with this one now. Got my char to 76 and one shrine away from finishing off Ultos

Edit: Should add I had to move up to Ultimate. Absolutely no chance of killing the final boss at the Epic level. Couldn’t stay alive in that small chamber for longer than a few seconds. Hopefully that gets better as I continue to level up.

It’s pretty easy to farm: you go to the Burrwich Village rift, go south down the road, turn east through a fallen house and along the river bed, then go into the south bank of the river and up the hill. There you’ll find a groble boss who drops this MI almost every time! In ultimate I got a really nice one in about 10-15 runs, which took hardly any time, and I also got a few decent legendaries from him too!

Have you got your resists maxed? I had no trouble with the final boss at epic level at about the same stage, also using self found gear. It wasn’t super quick, but you need to keep kiting and making sure you’re not in the way of those hard hitting aether attacks he does in the later phases.

Thx for the reply and yes I do have my resists maxed. Doesn’t matter anyway I’ll get to him on Ultimate and will have everything filled out by then, not worth losing the xp right now.

Are the colossi a problem? It is always possible to go down a bit and deal with them. Then the rest is spamming your 3 damaging abilities while dodging stuff, pretty straight forward.

I was wondering about a build like this, but one thing that concerns me is the lack of crowd control. There are no slow or confuse skills in a build like this (not any really effective ones, like CoF, OFF, or Flashbang). How big of an issue this is?