[1.0.2.1] The Immortal Retaliator - Avenger of Cairn Tactician (Full Tank)

Okay, guys, calm down, please.

I was wrong too. I actually had no idea RR can work on Retaliation, I thought, it was completely separated as a damage-type. Not only it enhances things like WPS skills, it also enhances RET damage, I just went from 294k to over 400k in testing. Like, holy shit, it’s actually working.

I again, must apologise for my rudeness and for my rushed judgement. Halbu built a pretty strong Hybrid Retaliator, which can actually work quite well. We already talked on PM, and I explained the situation.

As the leveling guide is ALMOST ready, I will make some neccessary adjustments to the first build, maybe to the second one too - MQ will be killed faster, with greater efficiency. Not too much however, since I stand still on my opinion of immortality of this build - it would remain as solid as rock, able to withstand the deadliest blows.

Thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread!

Hey Autentist, how you doing? (Great guide btw)

i share with you a especial interest in making tactician builds only (tactician kinds of remind me about Paladins, in every game i try to play as paladin or kind of Paladin playstyle)

Do you think your build can handle Lokarr? (im trying to kill him atm, i want to get the set for my GF, so she can level up faster).

Thank you.

Struggling with toothache, not for long I hope.

Yeah, this is the same reasoning for me. It’s the closest class to paladin in GD universe, that’s why I love it so much.

It 100% can. The problem with Lokarr, though, that he is more of a caster, even if he has some melee attacks. With a little tweaking I’m currently doing, I hope to beat him much faster, while facetanking everything.

Cool build bro, going to give it a try !
Hope I can tank stuff from the incoming Crucible arenas and new roguelike dungeon :smiley:

For all my love with retaliation, how are you dealing with ranged mobs? There are quite a few of these in expansion including the nemesis Alexander.

I imagine you’d also have trouble with crucible? Alot of mobs just goes outright retard mode and never do anything.

You either edit game files to make RET more like a reflect, so ranged mobs damage themselves all the time or (like I’m doing right now thanks to Halbu) tinker with the build to make it more of a Hybrid Retaliator, which can deal with both ranged and casters - specifically for the purpose of finishing Valbury, for example.
What I’m trying to create right now is Auramancer Retaliator.

As for Crucible, I will never ever install it. I despise it and it’s mechanic. Sorry.

Hey fellow Paladin Autentist, got better from toothache?

so nice to know someone enjoy paladin this much.

I finally managed to kill lokarr after some struggling and build changing, i dont used 100 % your build (cause i dont have all the items).

but i used your devotion idea and worked really good, Shieldmaiden + Obelisk of menhir + Targo + Maxed Inquisitor Seal provides a really good damage mitigation.

The Sustain from skills like Inquisitor Seal healing + Overguard (sustain + mitigation) + Menhir Bulwark + Menhir willl (hard reset and healing over time), without forgetting about the devotions, Tree of life (big regen with good uptime) + dryad (flat heal).

Just the barebone of your build really helped, even without the full set, in my opinion someone can use your skills choices (tweaking according to the set, main damage skill) but the defensive setup from skills + devotion can be used in many builds (ofc in my opinion, didnt tested alot).

thank you Autentist, i managed to facetanking Lokarr with no so great items 80~95% of the time (ofc with skills rotation and paying attention).

Yeah, I had to remove a tooth, but now it doesn’t hurt anymore at least.

This is great, congratulations!

You are very welcome. I’m still working on at least two build variations so I can kill some of this specific stuff faster, so look froward to it.

Who cares?

Hi Autentist. I’m fairly new to the game and I liked your tanky Immortal Retaliator build; however, I don’t really know how to level my toon up. You know, stat order and which attribuites to level 1st on the soldier tree, for example. Can you give me a hand? What would you suggest? Thank you!

Just pump everything in Physique with 6-10 points into Spitit. That’s it.
Leveling up is pretty easy. Since you can get green faction retaliation gear starting from level 35, you simply use either FW or WoP to level yourself up. Once you hit level 35, check out Devil’s Crossing and Homestead vendors for their gear.

Defensive skills get priority, so you should take Overguard, Shield Training as soon as they are available. Then works towards Counterstrike to increase your RET damage.

Testing new Auramancer Retaliator.

Kupacabra - 8 minutes instead of 12.
Reaper of the Lost - 15-20 seconds, much faster, much more dangerous, probably will tinker with the build a bit more to ensure absolute tankiness.

The fucking bug with Reign of Ice and Fire is annoying as hell.

http://www.grimtools.com/calc/62azmpXV

The initial loadout of the Hybrid Aura Retaliator.

I’m still testing some things, but this will soon be ready, along with complete leveling guide, as I promised.

Also, some definitive changes in Pure Retaliator build after Doom changes.

What drops bladed plating? atm im just missing blade plating, ravagers eye, and my jewelry/relic are regular legendary but all buffed up in combat im closing in on 3300 DA w this build… things seem to have trouble hitting me. w that said it seems like nothing can dent my hp tho.

I am running a different Auramancer concept and I think it’s safe to say Auramancers are little more than gimmicks at this point the auras don’t contribute much to our offense.
In your build i’d say retaliation is the main damage source and on mine I am using a proc happy build so it’s those multiple procs giving me eye cancer that are doing the damage

In my opinion the auras on these items should be buffed

Nothing. This component is craftable-only.
Alsom 3300 DA is way too much. You would want to have such DA on Grava or Reaper, for example, but for regular trash it’s way too high.

I strongly agree. After testing this Hybrid, the speed kill has definitely increased, but not much. The biggest contribution is, of course, Reign of Ice and Fire. However, due to it’s retarded mechanics, it literally misses at least 50% of it’s DPS.
Yes, indeed. I even buffed the initial RET damage from the pure Retaliator, thanks to equipment managing.
If I would go for Auramancer, most of the damage truly comes from on-hit, on-attack procs and skills. There is little contribution from other sources.

I share this opinion as well.

Any eta on the leveling guide? Was going to start fresh for my first AoM run and really like the look of this build

A bit busy in real life and, what can I say, I’m strolling through TQ AE right now. Almost on Legend through the 5th Act on Epic.

But don’t worry, more than half of this guide is already ready, so I will definitely finish it.

thanks was really looking for a build as such. gonna study it in detail

No worries. I’m more than happy to wait if it’s not far from being done