[1.0.6.0] Faceroll aether Battlemage & Death Knight (no MI, s&b, cdr, 25min gladiator)

This looks really strong. I have been running a similar Battlemage setup, but I had not thought of using tempest. I wil try that, since it appears to help clear speed significantly. What are your thoughts on Myth. Phantom Thread Girdle? The 130+ OA+Aether Damage do feel very powerful. Are the +flat physical damage on olerons reforged just too strong in comparison?

Imo they either need to revert krieg set to the old version that supports battlemage more and create a set for dk (is there another good dk aside from krieg?) Or nerf krieg for bm, keep the dk bonuses and make spellscourge viable. I personally prefer the second.

The popularity of Krieg builds is not because it’s super broken. The reality is that most sets are near impossible to complete if you don’t trade or are willing to farm crucible pretty much 24/7. I am just shy of 1400 hours and some items still haven’t dropped a single time, while i could play minecraft with the abundance of meatshields, burrowitch butchers. etc. Krieg set on the other hand can be farmed in a reasonable time frame. And that farming takes place in a variety of places that make grim dawn so great und not in a braindead slugfest that is the crucible. The set feels strong, as an completed endgame set should and maybe the combination of offence and defence needs some SLIGHT adjustment, but again people use ist because its a set you can actually acquire!

I’d say don’t worry too much about Krieg and Mindwarp nerfs. My guess is the possibility of it being very severe is rather low.

This indeed might have had a significant part in Krieg DK’s popularity.

I just took a look at the first three pages of the builds section and there was maybe around 3 Cadence builds (this one and two Jov builds) out of 20 builds.

Besides constant complaining, your math is also way off.

WTF! Why do you all say that Krieg set is so popular, so meta, etc? I can see that most popular DK thread has 30k views and most popular battlemage thread also has 30k views. While there are builds with 70k, 100k, 200k+ views. How do you measure popularity then? In your head? Among your personal friends? Or maybe you have insights from devs?
I thought they buffed Krieg set exactly because there wasn’t that much interest in DK and battlemage, even though the set is relatively easy to get.
Explain it to me!

It’s good for making records but in regular runs I’d better spend another 1min than use extra button for one single boss.

Yes. I’m having fun in game, you know. And playing exactly as I like.

My bad, I was talking about really strong builds. Your own relaliator spends about 5 min killing single Valdaran according to your own words. I’d say, he certainly requires a buff.
And aren’t you the guy who said that he hates crucible and never plays there?

Yes, it’s you. Oh, well.

I have a compilation with strongest builds. And I don’t buy your opinion that there are some secret OP builds that some individuals keep to themselves like rats. Goods builds are made by nice people who are willing to share them.

It might be a good alternative. If you have it, try it. I don’t think it will be better.

To hell with nerfs! Seriously.

@Zhuugus: Visit the Build Compendium, do you see any Witchblade build? None, right? Yet I’m pretty sure all the experienced players and their moms have at least one Warbon WB in their pockets. Just because you don’t see them popping up in this particular forum frequently doesn’t mean they’re not popular irl.

To add to this, most don’t bother posting “obvious” builds especially when at least one good guide exists for it

A good example imo is, almost everyone uses SJ Elementalist but no one bothers posting a dedicated guide for it since Zars made one ages ago and there’s little to no changes required to his setup (except fuckin’ turtle, why the fuck do people bother with that constellation?)
The only SJ Elementalist build that was posted after that was Ceno’s Critjacks build and the one is a done much differently than how Zars or any one of us might have done it (he used Invoker+LD set, pretty creative approach imo)

Sorry. I just love talking about nerfs even though I don’t really care about them nerfing it yet.

Regarding your statement about krieg builds not being as popular as we make it out to be, it’s due to multiple reasons. The first Battlemage build posted here a week after expansion release not optimized and it did not really show the power of battlemage with krieg set. On the other hand dk was not supported by the set skill-wise back then and all hype surrounding dk kinda died out. The set was buffed in 1.0.3
0 but the bm or dk build posts after that were either unoptimized or were posted by relatively unknown people (i.e. not JoV or jajaja or Supefluff) until this build came along. I believe the popularity of krieg builds will skyrocket from this build because the poster (you) has already built a good reputation in this forums with your list.

Another reason might be because a lot of people just hate cadence and s&b with all their heart. I mean look at that troll in the previous pages. There are lots of them.

Lol this was particularly true of most of Zars’ builds back then. SJ elementalist, PRM druid, TSS druid.

This, I mean look at this build: http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64181
He facerolled everything possible in the game, yet no one gives a shit because:
a. He’s an unknown dude (who doesn’t even speak English?)
b. Due to that, he didn’t provide a proper guide.
c. The title is too generics, should be “[1.0.3.0] Aether DK, The God Killer, 15min Crucible, 1000% Immortal etc”

Edit: I’m not pointing finger at the OP, almost every second thread title is like that seriously.

I can understand the latter reason but I would say that this isn’t possible. Aether Blitzer concept has existed on the forums since before the expac so screwing this up is similar to screwing up a Physical S&B char, it’s literally only doable if you intend to screw it up :stuck_out_tongue:

Build compendium takes all builds with guides, doesn’t care if they are mediocre or even weak. I myself have a thread of powerful builds which is quite popular. And there I gather different builds, including the ones that don’t have guides but are top tier (I have similar to this DK there for example).
I have two witchblades there and probably add the third one soon.
My point is: people do not keep strong builds to themselves, they share, but it’s not that easy to find them. I’m doing that and from my thread people can learn what is really strong even if the build doesn’t have a fancy guide.

These are builds posted on the forum, the authors didn’t keep them to themselves!
Glimpse said: “because some of the are not posted on the forums to avoid being nerfed into oblivion”. And I was talking about that.
“Obvious builds” are absolutely other issue. Idk why authors do not bother to update their builds.
And thanks for that elementalist build, I overlooked it.
And 57k views for the elementalist is a lot, but “everyone”? I would rather say everyone plays pet builds in this game since their top thred has 1,6 million views!

Thanks! But i don’t think I’m nearly as good as famous buildmakers like JoV, Superfluff, Jajaja, etc.

I agree that the concept is simple, but from my point of view: yeah, they all screwed it up :slight_smile:

Can we convert a DoT like ITrauma to aether damage?

http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51898

Read that Ace :stuck_out_tongue:

Also, we have done a brilliant job at derailing the thread. At the end of the day, good job Zhug grats on your fist build posted here
Time to find another thread to derail :rolleyes:

P.S

Nullification is also useful against debuffing yourself from harmful buffs (sadly Lokarr’s Mutators are immune to this :p). You can debuff Valdaran and Shar’zul by reducing their elemental damage by a lot.

Indeed, I didn’t even need to interfere myself.

Nullification is easily one of the best skills in the game. Removing enemy auras, lowering elemental damage, removing dots, debuffs and other crap on you. Can’t tell how many times it saved my ass.

Anyone is doing a major disservice to themselves by not picking it up.

No.

Thanks!

Yeah, yeah, nullification does all that. But when you faceroll it is just another pesky pointless button to press!

When new cruci comes ur gonna worship it:) all of us will

Have you been enjoying my new Halls of Infinite Agony so far, puny mortal?