[1.0.3.2] Nightmare's Vitality Cabalist New Player Starter Build

Is the update coming soon? :smiley:

I do not work here and I want to

1. enjoy the gameplay in my own pace

2. make some other guides and update my own guides

first, before I start updating other peoples guides

As I wrote above, I want do to other things first. I do not work here.

Understand that this is my hobby. And if I dont think my hobby is fun anymore, I will not do it.

I will be watching your guides :slight_smile:

I hope you can make them so detailed as this one is, with a good leveling part for newbies like me, just as this one has.

Thank you!

If I make a guide for this build FG version, I will simply just refer to this guide and then give gear and devotion changes and some gameplay tips regarding the new areas etc.

Thanks for this guide. I just bought this game during the sale last week and am looking forward to playing it when I get back home. This was one of the first guides I came across and it looks like it does a good job of covering some of the build basics that I will need as a new player.

I chose to follow this build for my first character and finally hit 100 last night. I’ve got to say that this build handled all of the main content including ultimate with ease, so a huge shout-out and thanks to all those who contributed to this build guide!

With that being said, this is where my character currently stands:
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/m236YgBN

Now that I’m trying the end-game stuff I’m getting utterly wrecked. I tried Mogdrogen last night on ultimate and I died instantly despite being fully potted. Even just his pets provide a legitimate challenge to my ability to survive and kill them despite having 16K+ health, ~65% DR, etc. Any pointers on where to go from here? My initial plan was to switch to a pet cabalist but with the new expansion and all the hotfix changes pet builds seems to be in constant flux right now and I’m unsure of a productive route to take a cabalist.

I have some changes for the FG phase and other suggestion of gear that is easy to get and will smoke your set-up out of the water.

Basically, get a good bonespike and basilisk medal. You will cast RE like no tomorrow

You do not have 65% damage reduction btw :wink:

Congrat anyways

Ravenous earth with Dark one set and Bonespike(especially with Necromancer prefix,common one)was one of mt early builds,which I still enjoy.I tested it in Crucible 150-170 short before expansion and was solid.So anyone that follows this guide to level 100,will have a chance to build decent build fast and with specific areas to farm all key items.

Do you have a build guide up for it I can look at?

No I am busy with other guides now

I suggest that you

1. Start to farm Dark one set right away

or

1. Figure out the FG changes on your own (you basically just need grim tools for that)

or

1. Simply wait for my guide. Start another char :slight_smile:

Here’s what I’ve got so far:

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/RVvOXDjZ

Any input on where to go from here would be greatly appreciated! I’m working on Basilisk medal, but I don’t know how I’m going to make up all those resists.

Craft relic that is better (mortality at minimum)

Farm basilisk medals, then can roll with good resistances

Or get this medal https://www.grimtools.com/db/items/8945 and farm another belt (with plenty of resistances and stats)

Do you have a GT link?

Amulet needs to better.For belt something with class bonus like Girdle of stolen dreams.Off-hand can be blood orb .More points in wasting maybe?Also is good if you find items with bonus to decay.Devotions are solid.

Thank you for a great guide! Very detail and informative, perfect for new player like me and this build is very beginner friendly.

Hopefully you will like my update on it too :slight_smile:

where i can find it? :slight_smile:

In the future :rolleyes: Perhaps I have time to do it in a couple of weeks

here is another persons reaction to that :wink:

https://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showpost.php?p=718782&postcount=162

Keep in mind that Grim Dawn is my hobby, I do these guides and shit for free

ok ok no problem :slight_smile: