[1.0.3.2] The Great Deceiver (no MI, dw, cdr, 30min gladiator)

More lucky then owner of Stonehide/Thunderstruck boots/pants of Kings?? :stuck_out_tongue:

Eh? I dont think Scourge strike need a nerf. I was refering to Shadow strike. =)

Everything. Scourge strike+Sacred strike+Rune of Hagarrad combo. Aeon’s Hourglass devotion resets the cooldowns, allowing to use skills more often. That’s the point of a cdr build.
As I already said: It works fine without the amulet and even without Rune of Hagarrad. You just max out Solael’s witchfire and Destruction. Sure, it is a 20-25% damage loss and clear times would be +5 minutes. But totally viable.

Thanks! Cabalist was already done by THT, it’s in my compilation thread.
http://www.grimtools.com/calc/YZe9XYQZ
It can clear in 25min, but you can see how godlike is his gear.

I’ve been trying to make defiler work but it has massive survivability problems (in crucible). I think Conjurer also has them.
Deceiver has damage absorbtion from set, damage absorbtion from Posession, damage absorbtion from Inquisitor Seal plus massive healing with lifesteal, Sigil of Consumption and vitality devotions. When we take some of these defenses out something goes wrong.

Yeah that was me. I got one while leveling up my 3rd character then. I’ve since then got a second one on yet another character i was leveling. So i’ve had 2 of em in drop around 20-25ish run. Rng gonna rng

I’ve found that thread, it’s hillarious! :smiley:

And then some more guys:

Hey at least you don’t need a key for farming Decree of Malmouth. Aldritch on the other hand.

Nice build, btw. Never thought of incorporating hourglass on a dw build. Helps that vitality is the main damage type i guess.

That’s no excuse for donkey shit drops (yeah, yeah I get it’s just RNG. I am just venting since Tora is here :p)

SS builds in base game did this, not sure if anyone posted something like that on the forums

Good read indeed :smiley:

Said the guy who posted the hexa shadowstrike build. Seriously man, you’ve posted tons of builds that when I think of some concept, there’s mostly a thread made by you about it. Made vanilla really smooth for me though.

Damn 6 recipes on that screen :smiley:
I’ve never got more than one or two, mostly 0 :mad:

Ulzuin was a fool…

Thanks! People did it before, Hourglass is awesome for any cdr builds.

THT did and Drizzto probably too.

I just finished gladiator and got robbed! Only 4 legendaries. 3 recipies though.

Ok, I finally cleared gladiator more or less reliably with my Defiler (without having a heart attack when dropped to 10% life in 1 second). It required 27% (!!!) lifesteal to make defiler moderately reliable.
Now I’m looking for a way to improve it.
Looking closely at legendary amulet Conduit of Destructive Whispers with unique ability “100% Fire Damage converted to Vitality Damage to Fire Strike”.
http://www.grimtools.com/db/items/11245
I read some topics about conversion, but I still can’t figure out: will this conversion from amulet also apply to Brimstone or not?
If anybody knows for sure please let me know.

For leveling deceiver the fastest way is to go word of pain until some point very late in normal/some time in elite when it stops basically instagibbing (take CoF for -elemental RR), then reskill into storm box, which does better damage but is slightly harder to target.

I actually was referring to my Cold based SS build, had almost forgotten I made something like that. Then again I did abandon the build and didn’t bother updating it for AoM

Brimstone’s damage gets converted to Vitality. And if you’re trying out Vitality Defiler, I’d recommend doing it with a Pyro first or even Cabalist
Didn’t read the patch notes completely but pre-1.0.4.0 almost all Defiler concepts could be done better by another class combo.

Thanks!

Thanks, you helped a lot.
The whole point of making a reliable gladiator defiler is challenge. Pyro, Cabalist, Deceiver - any other class combo works better. Making such a dumpster as defiler reliable in crucible is really hard and it makes me a bit proud. Even though I had to literally wrap myself up in green MIs.
Well, new crucible, new challenges ahead. Here I go, on my way to drown in testing.

Indeed :frowning:
/10 char

Made a super unpopular mastery combo work in hardest game content.
Did it without any super rare green MIs.
Moreover, with MI legendaries that you know exactly where to farm.
Still visited by haters.

Remember what Lokarr says about humans?

Sorry, this has nothing to do with “hating”.
With a dropchance of 0,5 % of the Scepter you have to farm very hard. And RNGJesus can love or hate you.

And you rely on this specific drop. I have not seen many builds yet which rely exactly on 2 special affixes. Yes, Thunderstruck…of Kings is nice, but the build won´t break without one of these.

Nobody said anything bad about the build, but when I say “Happy farming” then because it is exactly that. Perhaps even more as for some special green MI.

I’m sorry too, but I don’t find your argument valid. Let’s not talk about green MIs, my build doesn’t use them.
Yes, it’s very hard to farm these weapons, but end-game build requires end-game legendaries. You know exactly where these drop, while you can spend dozens of hours and still not find the legendary you need because it drops randomly.

What is even more important is that this is an extremely unpopolar and absolutely unsupported by devs mastery combination.
Making it work in crucible is real challenge. Have you ever tried to make wacky and bizarre stuff work in toughest content? At least I made it to farm 100-150 and I highly doubt you’ll find any other deceiver that can do the same.