[1.0.4.0] Beginner's melee 2H Lightning Elementalist

Thanks for your answer!
After taking info, her build of sorcerer is based on BWC and all its upgrades. She also use Flash Bang and Thermite Mines but won’t up Rhowan’s Crown constellation.

I will up Rhowan’s Crown and Wendigo Totem to follow your advice.
Do you think it would be usefull to up Flash Bang too ?
The bonus of stun may not stack and I imagine that the bonus of knock out of grenade skill would be cool.

According to our game at 2 players all the time, I will see at the end if I have some changes to do but all your advice from your experience are welcome.

Thanks for your help.

I don’t think your Rhowan’s Crown resistance reduction effect will stack with Agonizing Flames resistance reduction effect of Sorc, which is why it’s taken if the first place. Same for Flashbang - I think none of Flashbang effects stack with itself even if applied by two different players. Thermite Mines also wouldn’t stack I think, but at least you can cover a larger area if you both get them.

Honestly, if I knew I am to play with Sorc in multiplayer I’d had considered Conjurer or Druid instead of Elementalist :undecided:

I’m new to GD and have a few characters at 40ish, I found this guide and I love it so far (lvl24). I cant seem to load the grimcalc links though, so I am just yolo-ing (yes its a verb) through. Can someone help me?

Hey dude welcome to the game and to the forum

Grimtools seems to be offline now and then. Try again in a few minutes or in an hour or so.

Thanks malawiglenn, I assumed it was because of a version conflict. I’ll try again later.

This looks great! I’ve been following your Death Knight guide with a Soldier I had laying around.

I also have a level 35 Shaman from early on (before AoM) that, I think, I’ll enjoy most as a Warder or a Druid. I’m kind of sad that Wendigo Totem seems absolutely essential in any Shaman build, I wish there were alternatives.

A question (from a noob): why are you not using the Ultos devotion ability? Is it just not good enough? If so, would you say it needs a tweak? It seems kind of… fitting, to use it in builds like these!

Hi, so I’m level 78, and just got enough devotion points to get Arcane Bomb from Widow, but I can’t assign it to Wendigo Totem because it’s not on the list to select? I definitely know it; what am I missing here?

Because I was unable to cap chaos resistance otherwise at the time. If you can do it then take the proc instead of the hp/chaos resist node to the left.

It was changed half a year after the build was released. Bind to Blackwater Coctail instead.

Thanks. The guide still mentions binding Arcane to Wendigo.

Hey grt build! I am new to the game!! Whats stats should i focus on this build? Thanks!!

Attributes are as much as possible into physique and barely enough spirit to wear jewelry.

As for items prioritize getting decent defenses like armor, resistances and hp, then stack %lightning damage.

Thank you very much!

Is this still a good beginner build??? I did start it and I am level 41 at the moment and having fun. I plan to buy the new expansion (Forgotten Gods) and hoping this build is good for late game. Also… I forgot to do my Devotions in your order am I screwed?? Thanks.

It’s still a good build for beginners, but probably not the best choice for end-game. Personally I consider to remake it as either Conjurer, Druid or Vindicator due to better end-game options. Elementalist is now known to be a bit sub-par end-game, which I was ignorant about when I wrote the guide. It is not necessarily true though.

Devotions are completely respec-able so it’s not a problem. Either roll back a bit or try to do it your way, might learn something in the process :wink:

Okay thanks… So once you pick both classes, it is permanant correct? If so can you post some build links of some more end game Shaman/Demolitionist please.

Yes, permanent.

You can find high end builds in the compendium.

More obvious than 0% and negative%? Man give me some of what you’re on.

How do you use Thermite Mines effectively in this build? It seems that even when I throw it point-blank at a target that I’m facetanking, the positions seem to be randomized and off-target.

I throw them in advance and then just stand in the area they cover.

Alright, thanks for the answer. Another question, new to GD but is there any particular reason for Temper to be at level 10? Doesn’t seem like it adds anything to lightning damage.