[1.0.4.0] Beginner's melee 2H Lightning Elementalist

Hey, how’s it going? Newbie here. I’ve been following your guide and I managed to create my strongest build so far. I’m level 40 now and dealing almost 15K damage. Still using Primal Strike tree and wanted to know which level should I be before respec to Savagery tree. I’ve just reached to Asterkarn Mountains Rift. Let me know and thanks for your guide.

Do I allocate all my attribute points into Physique for this build?

You’d need around 400 spirit for end game jewelry and the rest goes into physique.

So I noticed you said this build might not still be valid for endgame, I just recently got this game, started as a Shaman, thought about being either a Druid or Warder, but couldn’t really find any good guides for those, then I came across this and decided to give it a shot, but if it’s not valid for late game, it might be stupid for me to take Demolitionist as second class, should I rather go for Druid or Warder then? And if that is the case, do you know off any good guides for those?

Not much out now. Pure shaman is not bad so there’s really no reason to rush to take the 2nd class.

I cant seem to attach wendigo totem to arcane bomb :frowning:

In a new patch they changed so that trap like devo skills cant be attached to wendigo totem.

Thanks for the info. Im new to this game so Im not aware if such patch.

I am also building towards this build and did not know that. Which alternative would you suggest for attaching the widow’s devo skill?

Try Blackwater Cocktail.

Thanks! Will do!

whats the point of going both raise the dead and ele storm since the latter will take precedent?

The build was posted way before Raise the Dead got resistance reduction. Revenant was taken for attack speed and ADCtH.

is this still viable build ? someone with knowledge could look into it ? is the devotion good after all the new devotions from DLC’s ?

Yes, it is still viable, it even became better with all the buffs Demolitionist received over the patches. Only thing that is clearly outdated is binding Arcane Bomb to Wendigo Totem, instead you should bind it to Blackwater Cocktail or maybe something else.

Devotion route is okay-ish, new constellations are not needed for this build, but Tempest isn’t very good atm, so devotions could use some tweaks.

I would change the class to conjurer though.

1 Like

so after few beginner builds ( im playing hc only ) maybe that’s why im still beginner lmao :slight_smile: i find this build most fun for now and still very efficient ( 40lvl atm ) Love this game and love You man for this build :slight_smile:
one question tho . im 46 now and i dont know how can i get easy lifeleech in this build ? any help?

Don’t need any that early since there is Wendigo Totem.

Hello, everyone! Just joined here to ask if this build (which I was building way before Forgotten Gods released) is somewhat improved or which new items should I look up to farm.
I’ve read the comments and made some adjustments to devotions and swapped some talents here and there but, overall, I got the general tuning that I think it might be ideal for this build. But still, I still doubt if the Coven of Ugdenbog items are truly the endgame options for this build. If Empowered essence of Beronath is REALLY the only viable option for this build (I’ve encountered some other very powerful necks but I’ve been held off of swapping em because I don’t know if they really are an improvement). And so on.

Currently I’m at lvl 93, so there is still job to be done, ofc.

BUT, after looking for updated versions of this build, I haven’t encountered any theorycrafting related to Elementalist going 2h and I’m quite a bit lost.

I’ll thank any tip and comment you could drop here immensely.

Ofcourse not. The build was made with items you’re guaranteed to get. The intent is to bump the strength of a freshly levelled character to the degree of being able to farm efficiently for more advanced gear. I believe I never claimed that the gear is final, moreover I suggested some upgrades in the Introduction part.

Thanks for the reply!

I get it, this was a beginners build (as its name stated) and I understand the limitations.

Now, could it be that a pretty straightforward build to improve upon yours would be something like?
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/p25JzamV

My main objective currently is to find mythical versions of some of the items and the recipe of Eye of the Storm. Now I’m using Arbiter, as I don’t have any (craftable) better relic.