1.0.4.0 Spellbinder - successfully conquered gladiator 170 sololy

Fragile as all caster builds appear to be ~~:p

only consumed 1 crystal cluster and had 1 critical moment.

Update1 Video http://www.bilibili.com/video/av17883443/

Upadte2 build https://www.grimtools.com/calc/D2p0v1j2

could u post a grimtools link plz?

working on it~`

2300 DA:D That is normally suicide. just goes to show again how much Crucible favors CDR arcanist (mirror). Scary but nice job.

I just posted a pic of Kuba with 12% chance to crit at 3.2K DA and lvl 22 BWC:)

Someone knocking at your door at 0:41:p

New Crucible reminds me of Borderlands 2’s OP levels: Mobs hit you so hard that normal, honest defense mechanics like HP or shield wouldn’t matter, you had to resort to exploiting the game’s health gate mechanics to gain a moment of invulnerability , quickly heal yourself above 50% HP and repeat.

haha players at my community are going crazy about DA stats. So far someone has succeeded a 6000DA build to cope with difficulty of crucible.

But in my mind, it doesn’t have to be that way if proper controls and momentary dodges are applied.

Being a smart player equals to 3000DA…!!!:smiley:
as a matter of fact if you can watch my video, you can tell how safe it is that stats wont tell. ~

Yes well Conversion from Arcanist also helps with “Being Smart”. To be smart in crucible you require great CC resistance.

Slow resistance for example is very rare. If no Arcanist then:

• 18% Devotion
  • Rare affixes (good luck): Sandstorm of sands (off-hand), of Arcane Winds(boots.)
  • Traveler’s mark…yay…and trveler’s boon augment…double yay.

Arcanis offers huuuge versatiliy for “being smart” with Mirror, conversion and nullify. Without that Kupa+Reaper tear you a new one

You are absolutely right. That’s why I’ve been a fan to arcanist.

In my build I applied damage absorption + nullificaition (very important- determine if you are safe)+mirror (determine if you are capable of battling)+ Health degeneration by siphon souls (increase damage from my side)
and of course mark of torment.

Even though these are plain to tell, but how to properly use them is another story.

I am not a fan of MI. certain affixes are just hard to acuquire.
But with proper combination of existing legendary gears, it is very possible to support a decent build.

Yup, we noticed this :smiley:

It’s always interesting to see how your community perceives the meta and what kind of builds you people come up with. :rolleyes:

:stuck_out_tongue: What can we say? we are just as maniac about this game as you guys…

Strong playing, I like how you did it without MIs or BWC.

D3 Inferno at release was like that too. Monsters simply hit too hard compared to the defensive stats that players could attain so pretty much the only builds that could successfully do it were the ones that could become completely immune to damage through their spells.

Forgot to add that I just received a 16.5K crit from kupa at 3.3K DA:D

Mind to tell what’s your build?
For a lot of builds we don’t have to take their MAX crit damage by using different mastery skills to dodge that.

Wait how do you know a hit is going to be a crit to dodge it?

I pm’d i to you

Well … simple to say but hard to comprehend.
Study each boss and nemesis, memorize their attacking pattern. then you know when to do what based their attack.

for e.g. Archmage Aleksander。 His meteor is quite fatal but attacks every 8 secs. So you know when to fool him to get by.

Are u guys really bitching cause a build without shield or cadence did 170?

Exploit or mirror or what, finally something different. :rolleyes:

But I’ll only be happy when a Mortar trap build does crucicle 170.
(not even if they double the damage and survavibility)

Well sir, Must you explore the infinite possibility of mortar trap. With current gear support, you can add up to 5/6 of them. Just imagine about it…then you will be driven with thrill.~

You need to read messages more carefully in general. It was not bitching but a general obesrvation. A state of fact about what specifically works in new crucible and why.

As for your general shield bitching on all possible shield threads you will be happy to know that pure shield/melee is shit in new crucible

BL2 had a surge of “tanky” builds by the time I played a lot though. Twisted pimp Maya, Shield Axton to name a few. By tanky I mean not overly reliant on healthgating. Still relied a lot on lifesteal though.

I’d hope to see more “off-meta” (i.e. non-dot or cdr) builds for 170 crucible but the way things are now, I think a balance patch will hit first.