[1.0.4.1] DW Pistol Purifier (lokarr 21sec)

Maybe I’m missing it, but just looking at the numbers, Conviction looks like it has better damage with the same number of points put into it. Weapon Attack, Weapon Damage, Fire, and Burn all appear to be better with Conviction.

Now, Censure does have the decrease to elemental resistance, which will obviously change the effectiveness of fire damage, but (and maybe I’m misunderstanding how Censure works here) isn’t Censure’s effects distance limited to around 8 meters at the level of this build? So, essentially, to get the benefit of Censure, wouldn’t you have to let mobs get close to you (thus kinda defeating one of the main defensive benefits of a ranged build)?

Are you at level 10?

level 23 now

So will it let you pick a second class and Inquisitor just isn’t available? If so, do you have the expansion?

Ahh, okay. So i need the expansion. Thanks for the info.

Do you see him kiting Lokkar?

I understand that it’s a viable build, just trying to understand the concept behind playing a ranged character that has to get into melee range for optimal damage.

Because Inqisitor’s Seal have a limited range.

I generally use Inquisitor’s Seal as a ranged attack buff and defense against ranged attacks…cast, stand in the seal, shoot mobs outside the seal as they approach…so limited range is a non-issue. If they get close enough to enter the seal, the direct damage is just a bonus.

Makes sense a person using it that way would also pick Conviction over Censure on a non-pierce build.

Oh boy … :wink:
You´re not wrong, but this is an ARPG, not an MMORPG. Also, GD is a solo player game. In a game like World of Warcraft, you have true ranged classes, which have skills for kiting, and group play is important, you have classic group setups, tank, DD, healer and so on.

This doesn´t really apply to GD. Playing ranged works okay until Ultimate, then you either build so you can take a beating up close, or you kite and kite and then die, because kiting (and actually dealing dmg while doing it) doesn´t work so well. Ranged in GD means that you don´t have to see the white (or red) in they eyes of the mob your fighting, but you are gonna get zerged a lot like everyone else. :furious:

Also: this build uses a lot of procs that have a short range (rings, medal, boots, relic…). So …

Haven’t elaborated properly on my previous reply about Censure doing better damage, so here I am. OA aside, Conviction doesn’t boost flat elemental damage, only dots. Well, there’s cinderplate girdle but it still doesn’t fully take advantage of Conviction. In this case, non-pierce ranged builds don’t really have a choice but to take Censure, which it can use at full effect.

Also, what tsuelue said. The only builds that can kite efficiently while having good dps are dot casters. The rest need to tank hordes while doing damage.

1 Like

Alright, I can see the point in this. While I probably drop 50%+ of mobs at range, there’s always been a clear weakness when it comes to mobs that can close distance. Obviously, this gets progressively worse into Ultimate, where so many mobs have some kind of charge/teleport ability and hit like a ton of bricks…not to mention that most boss and nemesis mobs are nearly impossible to kite effectively.

While my overall build is very similar (minus taking Conviction over Censure), I’ve relied more on high damage life steal to keep me alive all the way into Malmouth on Ultimate. The danger, of course, is being one-shotted. Since I’ve maxed my character level, maybe I’ll play around with Censure and tweak my build to compare.

Thanks for the input.

Loving this as my first build, currently lvl 95.

Are there any MI’s or craft that would make this build better? Or is it already optimized with no MI. Looks like a really fun build.

the MI version will have more hp, better resists capped and overall better defense . But not by much. :stuck_out_tongue:

I am starting a hardcore project with a good friend and this purifier build is actually what I recommended to her. I will be in front as a retaliation warder with a maxed war cry, so hopefully, I can keep stuff taunted on me most of the time. We’ll see.

I agree with what Requnix said. This build is squishy while leveling, so your friend needs to be careful.

I use this powerful item on squishy builds. It works wonders.

I wanted to deeply thank AKDONG for many things.

• I realised how bad my Dual Gun Mage Hunter was and how to try and fix it.
  • I realised what a good HL build is.
  • I realised that small changes in a build can change your world! My Purifier was build around this 2H Mace. I just switched my points in BWC and WoP into Firestrike, changed one constellation and took my 2 guns. And now I’m thriving.