[1.0.4.1]The Spellscourge - CDR Phys Devastation, Stormfire, Flame Torrent/SotH - Content Destroyer

Spellscourge shield only affects Devastation from the Arcanist.

try taking torch then:p Won;t be that easy without letting go of many goodies. SoTh fits like a glove with TD. i find this devotion setup extremely balanced and potent. And is % weapon dmg spam along with devastation % wp dmg giving you even more life steal, doesnā€™t bother me if itā€™s random.

i know what phys meteors do, made a whole build around it http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54569. Strong as they are, for gladiator 150-170, I have my reasons why I chose to let them go :slight_smile:

Edit: Here, if you want with meteors. Youā€™ll have to compensate life steal some other way. There are 2 points left, put

No quirk needed to explain the stray fire damage. It occurs because you have weapon damage (physical with that sword) and 10% physical to fire damage from your seal. Then that damage canā€™t be converted back.

Itā€™s not just fire damage that is residual:p I mentioned it because itā€™s more relevant. but you do have a point, that is why the fire part is more potent. and the quirk behaves weirdly depending on the order in which I put my gear on. But again itā€™s too small to matter

Great to know thanks.

Thanks! Iā€™ll just have to finish testing both routes and see what fits my personal crucible playstyle better. Cheers on a fantastic build and writeup!

Wait, Spellscourge set is not useless shit?! WTF!
This game still brings surprises.

Far from it it appears:D

Iā€™m actually so amazed Iā€™ll test this right after I finish with that tricky DW spellbinder.
Good job, Superfluff!

Cool build, I have made several attempts building around this set but it never ended up goodā€¦

I tried to build it around Callidors tempest, only 50% aether conversion but still had hopes for it. Did not work out properly.

I will give this a shot when I have time:)

When i first started out testing this build I used 1 point CT to proc phys flame torrent but itā€™s pretty bad. Stormfire procs/feels a lot better and does more dmg with zero kill investment.

I even tried candence (never ever do that). The shiled is the weapon/conduit. If you play with that mindset you will have fun with it:)

Hey,
Sick build. Just wondering how it goes in ultimate vs the new nems. Iā€™m curious if it can take on any of the celestials, John bourbans clone, and /or the hidden path solo.

Out of your builds which would you recommend if those kind of things were my main goal {plus just having fun} Iā€™ve already built the 100 cunning belgothian slaughter build.

Nice one :slight_smile:

Was about time someone posted Spellscouge build :stuck_out_tongue: Tho with limited time I spent on similar build somehow left me in conviction that meteors are just to good to past for that build.

Totally unpolished and not to great extent tested version with meteors https://www.grimtools.com/calc/0V0weq92

You shall return.:stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah I tested meteors too, but with a slightly different setup 2-3 weeks ago. I posted above a grim tool with meteors. I might make a second video for this one with meteors since itā€™s by far one of the easiest builds to play even with the limited time I have these days. Only think I donā€™t like is losing my ikrix medal for Voracious one. Canā€™t compete with it for life steal in this case

Chillspikes is a nice idea vs single target since itā€™s more than one projectile. But I donā€™t know if iā€™d bind Assassinā€™s mark with it. Devastation with mark seems to be very good vs mobs and single target alike. Chillspikes should be great with Fiend. Those bat fangs also beg for smth spammy(decisions decisionsā€¦). Reign of fire and ice is also a nice touch. Iā€™ve kinda become obsessed with overcapping Aether due to my lag. Canā€™t help but make mistakes. Iā€™d be more reckless is i wouldnā€™t experience sudden spikes of damage that I canā€™t avoid.

I also think elemental balance is worth it in spite of some %elemental conversion. Agrivix relic is a keeper for me. Itā€™s too cool not to have along with fiend :smiley:

PS: I think you might need more cunning :stuck_out_tongue:

Hi guys

This build interests me a lot and I have the necessary pieces. How would you recommend leveling to be as painless as possible?

well oyu can do good old blitz cadence soldier or Arcanist. Which one do you want?

For this one Iā€™d co arcanist for the feels. Start with Fire ball skill from searing ember + OFF. Then greater fireball at lvl 15. Rush Devastationā€¦win?:slight_smile:

Thanks for replying. Well, I mean Iā€™m terribly bored of anything soldier and would like to level concentrating on Arcanist but itā€™s hard to sustain the mana cost doing much of anything. Fireblast is a good call, itā€™s cheap enough with Ectoplasms. I slapped a bunch of points into CT, but againā€¦impossible to sustain.

edit: ooooh OFF is very good! Didnā€™t realize it was a dot. The limited times Iā€™ve tried it out I used it as a 1 point wonder just tot flash freeze.

Looks like Iā€™m confused about Devestation too. How does the build use a shield when Devastation says it requires a caster off hand? I guess the set shield count as a offhand?

Itā€™s a hidden mod with the shield that lets you use devastation with it. Other skills that require offhand (anasteria devastation, AAR, Iskandraā€™s balance proc) will still not work.

How does the build do vs lokarr? Can kill him with some kitting or can tank him?

How important is cast speed for this buildā€™s DPS?

I made 2 devotion setups to include Ulzuinā€™s Torch.

Setup 1 has +50 DA and +11% castspeed over setup 2:
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/q2MEwqQ2

Setup 2 has the chariot proc and 3% more lifesteal over build 1:
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/a2dwBM8N

So how much of an impact do you think doubling the lifesteal (3% -> 6%) would have compared to getting 11% more castspeed?