[1.0.4.1]The Spellscourge - CDR Phys Devastation, Stormfire, Flame Torrent/SotH - Content Destroyer

It’s a CDR build
CS will have minimal influence over effective performance

I have like 154% or so and it’s enough to spam Stormfire or any other component ability of your choosing. It is enough and important to get it around there because you get more Fiend Flame Torrrent proc:) More CS doesn’t hurt, just don’t go out of your way to get it

might be more CS in the furture

At last I added your build to my thread. And a couple more.
GJ, Superfluff!

Just realized that this build has received a minor but pretty important buff:

Component - Seal of Destruction: added 20% Weapon damage to granted skill and increased its Electrocute damage, reduced Energy Cost

This means 20% more life steal along with Flame torrent+ Devastation set bonus and SotH(if you don’t use Meteros instead which is fine). The reduced energy cost makes energy management more bearable in campaign where you don’t have Ulzuin’s cruci buff.

Info added in the build

Several questions:

1. Why bother with cast speed if you’re casting/running?
  2. Is it more effective to get hungering void/aeon’s/Spear of heaven?
  3. Is deadly momentum worth getting since most spells will have a %dmg component?

EDIT: Did not see earlier comment on cast speed. However, still curious about question 2 & 3. :slight_smile:

1. Why bother with cast speed if you’re casting/running? Because Stormfire also procs fiend that does damage and lifesteals. More cast speed=more of both. Same for stormfire itsef since it has %weapon dmg.
  2. Is it more effective to get hungering void/aeon’s/Spear of heaven? Could be. Try any variation you want and it will probably be good. The build is flexible. You can do meteors too. Solid choice
  3. Is deadly momentum worth getting since most spells will have a %dmg component? Nope. It would result in horrible game play. Cadence forces you into melee always and momentum lasts 4 secs. You will do much more with stormfire. Not to mention Cadence will be shit at proccing Flame torrent. And last but not least, the flat dmg from Momentum is not much at 18% weapon dmg. Pound for pound it’s a terrible skill investment since this is not a cadence build. That is the beauty of the set. Your weapon is the shield through unconventional means - casting devastation. Stormfire (or Chillspikes) proccing is a good filler that ties the build together

Hope this helps

Thanks again, superfluff!

Does CS increase quantity of Devastation meteors for it’s total duration? Or only skill mod, like provided by Diviner set, affect this? And what about chain lighting from seal as LMB skill for this build, is it worth it?

Nope. CS does not help Devastation in any way.

You can try chain lightning if you like it more:)

Thanks, Fluff. So, you think that Cadence/Deadly momentum not worth it, even if we take Warborn Gavel + Warborn armor (easily 23/16 Cadence and 18/12 momentum, for example) and take Tree/Obelisk of Menhir? Yeah it will be just-another-Cadence-build, but with meteors)

Even if. I tried. Really weak cadence and mediocre Devastation.

And straining the skill points will feel bad as well. Trying with cadence will make you hate the build/set. Caster is the way. He’s a sort of reversed fighter and reversed mage at the same time. A literal tank caster

sorry for the noob request, but can you print the skill tree and devotions?

What is pretty damn good actually is shard of beronath.

I’m personally running a build very similar to the one posted by fluff here, and getting in that DA reduction from Markovian’s advantage actually goes quite a long way.

Build link: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/xZyo5jk2

P.S. thanks for the meteor suggestion superfluff. I love how freaking awesome it fits with the theme. Wish I could squeeze in blizzard though. :stuck_out_tongue:

Also, I feel that the +15% pierce damage node on assasin’s blade is a waste personally. What could potentially wring out that tiny drop of efficiency from the devotion is to leave the point in the +5% yellow node in crossroads.

What is pretty damn good actually is shard of beronath. Hey if you like it and it works:) But it will never ever proc Flame torrent like Chillspikes or stormfire. Keep it in mind. That is both dps and lifesteal loss

Also, I feel that the +15% pierce damage node on assasin’s blade is a waste personally. What could potentially wring out that tiny drop of efficiency from the devotion is to leave the point in the +5% yellow node in crossroads. Yes good idea. Jov did the same. I got this build out pretty fast and didn’t get into 100% polish. May do it in 0.6, unless the new sets side track me:)

Did not know that about the proc chance! Will most definitely try out the seal of destruction.

Thanks again fluff.

Hi Fluff,

Which one better for triggering Flame Torrent :
Stormfire or Forcewave or Doomforce (relic) ?

Also, is 3% Lifesteal is good enough for Flame Torrent?

Chillspikes>FW(with great CS and transmuted ofc)>Storm fire>>>>>>>>>>>Doomforce(not a good idea at all to put it on a CD spell with no ticks like BWC, Sigils, Ill omen etc… It’s only the initial cast that procs and it will be a single torrent tick. Internal trauma that follows does nothing.)

I’d do 5% minimum life steal

Hmm, I see…
Stormfire is good I think, and 5% ADctH

Thanks for reply :slight_smile:

For the chest piece, is there any specific reason you go for Octavius and not Warborn? We don’t need any extra conversion right? - I don’t have Octavius anyway so gonna stick to Warborn for now :stuck_out_tongue:

Also, why Aetherfire prefix on the medal? The only thing dealing a bit of Aether dmg is the proc from relic. Not sure if that extra bit of aether dmg % is gonna help.