[1.0.5.1] Cataclysmic Trozan - CDR Druid

Credits to honeybadger for the devotion idea. you can find his trozan build in zhuugus’s thread.

So with the rise of Cataclysm set, I think the traditional trozan druid build that utilize abundant of fallen skies suffixes can be made better with cataclysm procs.

Trozan set has already support two elemental damage (lightning and cold).
With cindertouch gloves, maximum of 30% fire damage get converted to lightning and it give us a sweet proc.
Together with cataclysm, the build generate so many procs, giving torture to your GPU card.

Without further ado, here comes the build:
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/aZqaJ8MZ

The build should be easy to make as boots is the only green item used.

Gameplay:
This build has 7 attack proc (not counting eternity) in which:

• 3 have 1.5 sec CD (arcane cataclysm & 2 sky fragments)
  • 2 have 3 sec CD (elemental blast & cinderwind)
  • 4 sec CD of Fallen comet, and
  • 6 sec CD of Eternal Haunt.

In addition, we have elemental storm in devo with ± 0.9 CD.

I finish 165 with 3 blessing (ulo, empyrion, and amatok) in my first 3 tries.
Can do 150 without buff and banner, but with 2 buff will make it more reliable.

Theoretically, It should be able to finish 170 in the hand of experienced player, as it can utilize double mirror and nature’s guardian synergy with CDR and TD.

Nemesis like kuba and alek die quickly. Fabius and zantarin is so easy. Iron maiden need to kite a bit. Same as Rashalga.
I have not met grava and reaper though, will do some more crucible run.

PS: Pardon me for the not so pretty thread. I am just really excited to post this.

Reserved for things

Nice build! This one’s well made and shows how versatile Cataclysm set is now. Probably BIS in any elemental build that doesn’t have reserved slots in belt, ammy and offhand.

One question: I’m seeing this TD+Nature’s guardian setup lately. How does it perform? Cause I personally do TD + Tree and it carries a few of my builds to 170.

Thanks x1x1x1x2!!
BTW, please try it, I am curious of how this build perform with you piloting it…

Regarding nature guardian, in this build that has continuous healing from totem and massive CDR, it should perform better than tree of life.

One thing to note about NG, if you also aim for aeon, the build will have a very limited devotion path. It will limit the amount of useful attack proc the build can have from devotion.

In this build, where you already have so many low cd procs going on from items, NG+aeon fit really well.

Theoritically, You can be almost immortal: when NG (6 sec) is active, cast time dilation to reset the CD, NG will active again afterwards, then you have like 2 sec downtime until TD active in which you can activate mirror (3sec). Then you can activate TD again, then afterwards, your NG will active again, and so on…

Edit: also regarding BIS slot in trozan druid build. I don’t really know how someone judge that some item is the best for some build in some particular slot or not. But starfury amulet and roldetharis tome can also be BIS in trozan build.
I think this build with cataclysm set and cindertouch glove just become one different build than traditional trozan build.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

I see. So it’s basically a weaker version of mirror mark but can be played by other arcanists. Should be pretty good. Might try this if I have the time but haven’t played any druid after AoM came out so I don’t have a level 100 one.

If 165 is your barrier then there’s a good chance that you’ll finish 170 with more practice. Most risky builds I post had me try 5 times and dying before I get the hang of it, so just try and try and study your mistakes till you get it. Usually deaths come from reaper/alex 1shots so watch out for those two. Kite a bit even with NG on. If you just need the consistency, then kiting even if it means you get them out of storm totem range is fine. TSS is your main damage anyway.

On BiS items, for me, aside from items specifically made to be BiS for a certain build (like Trozan for TSS or Dreeg for DEE), most ‘BiS’ items only mean ‘I’m comfortable playing with this compared to others’.

NG+TD combo is slightly better if you kite but still need to facetank sometimes with a squishy mage setup (NG and TD have long cd, mage provides some CDR), if you alr have a tanky setup Tree is recommended.

anything special about Cataclysm set proc?
i saw many build around this set on forum :eek:

Well there are videos too so you can see for yourself:)

Cataclysm set is very nice for many Elemental Builds
Its OA, Crit, and Procs are so sweet ^^

CDR, Spirit, Physique, Casting Speed, Health, +1 to All Skills, Stun, Chaos, Poison, Vitality, Bleeding, Elemental Resistances :slight_smile:

Thanks X1X2, will do that!

Like Tz said, the stats from the set is good, the proc has low CD, high flat damage + stun + AOE, and most importantly sure fire with right amount of OA or DA debuff.

Hi Tz, I just realized that you made a warlock with Trozan+Cataclysm+Cindertouch, even the pants are the same!
Lol, we are really thinking alike.

BTW

Greetings, I also come from Indonesia. :wink:

Ah you finally reveal my country in disguise :slight_smile:

Namanya si jabrix, kirain dari negara mana…? :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah, we are really thinking alike :smiley:

Hey, may I ask a question about devotions?

I was really looking forward to run Levi and Ulthos devotions, and at this point I’ve had it with Time Dilation - run it on different build.

I made rearrangements, dropping Dilation, Nature’s Guardians and Giant’s Blood, instead getting Wayward Soul, Whirlpool and Hand of Ultos. Setup still fits all the resistances nicely.

How much effectiveness do I lose this way? I’m hot aiming for HC, but still would like to take the thing as far to the endgame as possible.

Edit: and on a sidenote, how do i generate new link from modified grimtools build? :smiley:

I was thinking about trying to put something together using these same two sets and then I stumbled across your thread, good timing. I think I’d change up the devotions though and do something more like https://www.grimtools.com/calc/d2jO880V

Doing this I’d take points out of CT and re-allocate a few other things slightly, but it’s good to have your base to work from, looks like a fun build.

@Serafim:
Nature’s guardian and time dilation is needed for crucible.
If you don’t plan to play the crucible, than you can do that devotion setup of course.

But I suggest to pick one of ultos and whirlpool, not both, because the item setup has given so much attack procs already. If you want to be more offensive, try to take RR procs instead like arcane bomb (widow) or rumor (murmur).
You can take a look at Crabcakes devotion setup below your post. It’s close to your liking.

@Crabcakes:
Thanks!! And nice devo setup too. More offensive I see.
Also I suggest to not bind ultos to trozan, it might not be reliable. I use seal of corruption for its RR and mainly to procs elemental storm. The way the seal proccing elemental storm is brutal, really. So you should abuse it for procs machine.

I would set:
Elemental storm --> Aether corruption
Arcane Bomb --> Wind devil
Ultos --> Storm Totem

Aether corruption and wind devil are there for RR, casting them will procs both of your additional RR from devo.

Hope this helps and enjoy the build!

Hi all!

Nice build!
Can you elaborate why you are using three times living armor instead of maybe Chains of Oleron, Sacred Plating, Titan Plating, Leathery Hide, Prismatic Diamond? Since you don’t need the extra Resistance is it just for the OA?

Do you overstack Resistance on purpose, because you could use the +%Health Augment if you dont need the Resistance?!

Kudos on this build!

Love it. Might try it out next.

@ursus: it looks overstack so much because the procs from pants. That is useful for dealing with lots of RR debuff being thrown at you in crucible.
If you inactivate the temporary procs toggle, it doesn’t overstack that much.
Edit: also, you want to cap the armor absorption in all build if possible…

@spanks: thanks man! :wink:

I should update the thread with more explanations and build update. Might do it this weekend or next week.
I was having a break from grim dawn for a while, training at crucible and levelling some more masteries are quite tiring…

Thanks a lot. I saw it myself when i build it yesterday that the resistance is not that high without the proc =)
When you extend your guide could you describe how you use your spells? I have the problem that Wind Devil, totems, TSS are off cd so fast that i don’t use aether corruption that often. I think therefore i don’t get the Elemental Storm procc that often. Would it be better to bind ES to Storm Totem or some other spell?

There are some hidden mechanism that make me bind elemental storm to aether corruption instead of wind devil or storm totem.
Pet (either player scaled or pet scaled) cannot trigger item procs.

If you bind elemental storm to totem, although the damage is still player-scaled, it will not trigger all of the item procs.

If you are overwhelmed because there are so many button to press, try my button setup:

mouse wheel up > aether corruption
mouse wheel down > wind devil
middle mouse > storm totem
right click > wendigo totem
keyboard 1 > TSS
[if you have side button mouse]
mouse side button 1 > mirror of ereoctes
mouse side button 2 > callidor tempest

Hope this help… :wink: