[1.0.5.1] Uroboruuk Apostate - Drain Essence/Aetherfire 150-170 Gladiator - 10:30 min

FoI and DE both are better than AAR in every way imo. Heck even Aether FoI isn’t half bad
The QoL of both rays is great even better than Obliteration

yeah AAR should have some serious singe target damage to warrant it’s mechanic

Aar need at least 70%wd to be competetive. Even prm is better dmgwise

Based on your findings that you shared in a separate thread it seems non-transmuted CT isn’t worth it either

70% is a bit too much with fiend maybe ?

I’d rather it teared single targets appart really fast and have less % WD.

It should have more flat dmg and/or % crit. A LOT more

Chthon. CT is about the procs. Can’t imagine it would be any different in AoM

Curently aar need 4x times more base dmg to reach tooltip dmg values.

It’d have to be a lot to compete with the innate fumble and low level ADCtH of FoI, also with the OA reduction and innate ADCtH of DE

Possibly. DE dmg is almost uncanny end game. AAR should poke a hole in the atmosphere:)

Anyone tried the fire AAR version btw? Started one out of curiosity. But not aether>> Fire for it, just flat mods. So I expect more of the same.

BTw. i’d love conflagration colour for fire aar

I tried sorc with 2invoker rings, it suck compared to aether or chaos aar

:undecided: I assume burn dmg from ulzuin medal wasn’t stellar either. I know they buffed that medal a bit. Also conduit and spellshock tome

I tried it in vanilla so my info is heavily outdated.

The ray itself sucks big time, not even worthy to be filler damage like Obliteration
I tried Burn and pure Fire variants both of them weren’t too stellar. My baseline for comparison was Obliteration and it didn’t live upto the mark

I just wanted the colour/skin:p

In campain, i had to use Harmonious Preserver Band of Meditation + Ectoplasm and Royal Jelly consumable, to deal with energy costs (~200 energy/sec regen).

Also, Mortality relic seems to be better than Uroboruuk’s Reaping.

Well, DE has AoE component, ADCTH and huge bonus to crit damage. Tooltip DPS can be misleading.

Idk man, Once I equipped the set energy problems were over for me. Never used consumables.

I did mention mortality for campaign. It’s better

lol, even with 200 energy/sec regen, it isnt enough to spam DE indefinetely.
How can you spam it with 100-120?

I don’t spam unless it’s a tougher boss. Purple or Red dudes.

Everything else dies after rr, corruption.Siphon cast, just a bit of DE burst left and right. I never start a fight with DE

I never much bothered with sheet calc of energy /sec but how it feels in game.

JoV’s dreadwalker had same % regen as mine, and no uroboruuk but still made it. Only 2 stage bosses like gargabol can be problematic if you don’t time energy pot right

That’s what i meant. Tough bosses like Gargabol or various nemesises just deplete my energy pool very quickly, even energy pot doesnt help.
Hell, even with 200+ energy/sec regen (almost 2x more, than energy regen with gear shown in OP), i still end up with almost depleted energy pool VS tough bosses like Gargabol (without using energy pots though).
If i wont spam DE on bosses, my real DPS will be shit, furthermore, without ADCTH from spamming DE, i can easily die…
I suppose, in Crucible Ulzuin’s Pact buff is an absolute must-have…

Yes it is.

In campaign try some %energy absorb too. Soul Shard>>>>>Ectoplasm. In crucible too. You absorb all the crap being thrown at you by mobs

Why not using the one-hand gun “Hex Luncher” instead of “Mythical Wrath of the Ascendant” ? I think it’s more suitable for this build:D

WoTA advantage -

Casting Speed
Energy Cost Reduction
Plus Skills
Resistance Reduction

Hex Launcher advantage -

crickets chirping
(The conversion isn’t worth it, not even for Spellbinders)