[1.0.5.1] Uroboruuk Apostate - Drain Essence/Aetherfire 150-170 Gladiator - 10:30 min

Maybe get only 32pts or 25pts in inquisitor, giving you an extra 18 or 26 pts (no steel resolve).

I’d put the points in the following options:

1. Vigor - +9 for more HP. You gain 450hp extra +25% resist to frozen/petrify, you lose 30oa/30da with the reassignment of stat pts for gear req.

2. Deadly Aim +1. I assume however your relic must have DA which is why you went for 11/12? But for others without, can get 12/12

3. Stormbox of elgoloth, net, tether + 16/16, 1/1, 1/12 - This actually does decent damage since it hits so many times with 200% cast speed. Also, -115 DA which is very nice. Allows for more crits on bosses. Useful for killing mobs too far for DE so you dont have to run as far to kill them. Is also great for procing devotions (very similar to DE).

Experiment as you like but remember DE is all or nothing. :slight_smile:

You said you had mana issues. You think losing energy from mastery points will help with that?:stuck_out_tongue: That and casting Box too for extra energy. You also interrupt your other spells including DE to keep box up and you already need to cast other spells.

Hi Fluff, what do you think about other devotion ability that are fit to be bound to vitality drain essence?
I am trying wendigo right now, but I don’t think it can stack nicely like aetherfire do because it applies directly to the enemy.

Also, what do you think about conduit of undying whisper drain essence modifier? 18% weapon damage seems really good…

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Hi Fluff, what do you think about other devotion ability that are fit to be bound to vitality drain essence? Edit: didn’t see you mentioned vitality DE. So Bat I guess or Fiend since you can convert some chaos to vitality although you need dreadwalker soooo, vitality Attack Seru? or, vitality Aetherfire :). But bat is the easy way out. It’s what Jov did and worked https://www.grimtools.com/calc/4NOQqkaV

Also, what do you think about conduit of undying whisper drain essence modifier? 18% weapon damage seems really good… That would break set conversion mod and flat dmg. Would feel really bad. I’d only use that mod for vitality DE or other variations but not aetehr
. But for Vit DE i don’t know if you can beat vigar’s hunger

@superfluff

nice build btw :slight_smile:

i have some questions …

1. does % ADctH on items like on uroboruuks reaping relic effect Drain Essence and increases its ADctH ?

2. same for component restless remains on hands and the exclusive skill harbinger of souls ?

before AoM ADctH only works on meele attacks i think if iam not wrong ? so i have to ask

1. what about time dilation - for whats it is your main uses ?

2. what about acid spray - it would be a nice extra RR - wouldnt it be nice ?

thanks for helping

Thanks aetherstorm. Green text

1. does % ADctH on items like on uroboruuks reaping relic effect Drain Essence and increases its ADctH ? nope, just for health, skills and %dmg

2. same for component restless remains on hands and the exclusive skill harbinger of souls ? No, just for cast speed

before AoM ADctH only works on meele attacks i think if iam not wrong ? You need something with % weapon dmg in it whether it’s a skill, spell proc.

1. what about time dilation - for whats it is your main uses ? for 2x MArk of torment

2. what about acid spray - it would be a nice extra RR - wouldnt it be nice ? Would be but it’s highly unreliable. Hungering void is there for you all the time

thanks for helping[/QUOTE]

I’m curious as to why you picked two specific pieces of gear:

1. Eastern gloves: is this to save some points in spirit or for the extra %DA? Otherwise Aetherreach has a fairly useful proc, with an extra chunk of energy and similar stats elsewhere (albeit a relatively useless bonus.)
  2. Cord of Violent Decay: is this just to turn the aetherfire fire component into more aether, or am I missing another purpose in exchange for losing a +1 to a mastery?
  1. Yes, spirit and especially 5% DA

2. Better stats, Has + DE and makes aether fire stronger

why not spend 1 more point and get giant’s blood

where from?

Looking at devotions, why not trade off the two nodes of behemoth for order crossroads and the first node of lion? You’re trading a completely irrelevant 10 hp/sec of regen for 600 extra health (and the all-important 8 DA).

where from?

you can get 3 blue 2 white from either stag or panther and get rid of solemn watcher (which is bad anyway) and get your 1 point

If you think solemn watcher is bad then stag is a lot worse. Bad stats, doesn’t support aether, and the build loses 5% DA, which is huge. The build doesn’t need Giant’s blood anyway. DE gives it huge sustain

now i have to reroll again :stuck_out_tongue:

congrats on the build

I’d rather just removed 1 point from Spear of Heavens. Proc is quite useless anyway.
However, i feel that it’s better to put points into order crossroads/lion for extra HP. HP regen is irrelevant anyway, with that huge ADCTH DE has…

I also have few questions:

1. Why do you use Reap Spirit? Isnt it a useless ability? If you have time to push an extra button, use Reaping Arc instead, though i dont think it’s worth it. If you need to it proc Time Dillation, why dont bind it to Siphon Souls?
  2. Why use non-mythical Band of Eternal Haunt?
  3. Why overlevel Siphon Souls above 12? Extra damage and radius gains are negligible.
  4. Why put points into Inquisitor mastery, above 32? I feel that Steel Resolve and Vigor are far better than mere stats.
  5. Why dont put 1 point into Foul Eruption. Although it’s unreliable, i believe that resist reduction still worth 1 point.
  6. Why dont put 1 last point into Deadly Aim and Hungering Reach? Relic bonus?
  7. Why dont use 2x Seal of Resonance?
  1. It’s still good for healing in later waves
  2. Spirit is hard to cap
  3. It’s not worth it, Ravenous Earth needs to secure the kill for it to proc. If DE kills your enemy it won’t

2 and 6 baffle me as well

I also have few questions:

1. Why do you use Reap Spirit? Isnt it a useless ability? If you have time to push an extra button, use Reaping Arc instead, though i dont think it’s worth it. If you need to it proc Time Dillation, why dont bind it to Siphon Souls? Reaping arc with horrid AS and melee only is bad for business in crucible. Reap spirit is more flexible. Siphon souls…I want to use Siphon all the time not just to proc TD or to carelessly proc it.
  2. Why use non-mythical Band of Eternal Haunt? No reason. I just mixed the rings up in inventory:) Didn’t affect things much though
  3. Why overlevel Siphon Souls above 12? Extra damage and radius gains are negligible. Don’t over level it then:p Health gained back feels good to me, you do need to move sometimes in cruci which means no DE. Siphon on 3x nemeses means something
  4. Why put points into Inquisitor mastery, above 32? I feel that Steel Resolve and Vigor are far better than mere stats. If you want to invest in spirit instead of phys and lose physique from mastery too. I really hate doing that. Would be ok in campaign at best
  5. Why dont put 1 point into Foul Eruption. Although it’s unreliable, i believe that resist reduction still worth 1 point. It has to kill something to activate rr. It can’t kill shit in this build:)
  6. Why don’t put 1 last point into Deadly Aim and Hungering Reach? Relic bonus? I do have a relevant relic bonus but forgot what it was. No reasoning for deadly aim, I just left it like that. I kinda don’t like the small bonus at soft cap. Often leave it at 10-11 unless I have loads of cdr or lots of points or, am seriously in need of OA

I remember days when I took FE at 12/12…:slight_smile:

Ok, i more or less understood your reasoning.

Now, the final question:
How in the seven hells i’m supposed to sustain Drain Essense’ ridiculous energy cost with mere 100 energy/sec regen??? I tried that build with that gear, and my energy pool vaporizes in several seconds while channeling DE.

Edit - also, if you DO want more OA, why dont use Mortality relic instead? It trades a bit of HP and cast speed for decent OA boost (up to 5%). I actually think it’s better than Uroboruk’s Reaping.

Idk, the set is awesome. I only need an ectoplasm in campaign and consume and energy pot when energy bar is half way, which happens only vs bosses really. If you RR mobs and shoot bursts of DE it’s enough to steam roll them. It’s better than AAR in many regards due to hungering reach

Before boruuk set, that’s another issue