[1.0.6.0]A Blood Knight never dies - 150-170 Galdiator 11 min

He’s a beta-tester.

Who pretty much plays exclusively Crucible, the best source of loot in the game.

Very, very good. CS+BH/harb bursts+bat spam makes 20K hp jump back instantly

Yeah, the vit setup is a bit standard for vit builds in general to get GD, TD and Rattosh.

But since it’s scepter then lantern sounds nice :slight_smile: Gonna try him on ravager a bit now to see how it goes

MoT…habbit i guess. TD is so easy to get and has good nodes. But the truth is 2x Mot is only sometimes necessary vs kuba+others cause he has big vit res and heals

I know this well enough, mortal :furious:

I’m planning to try this set on my 2h Ritualist. So far in theory only 3pc make sense for Ritualists, as there are much better helms for non-Soldier Vit builds.
I really wonder how strong the full set pet is. What hits does it produce in average with this setup?

The damage on any skill is not super high but added up it’s good. It’s very good vs mobs and ok vs bosses.

I have not played this in campaign so idk about that. In crucible, you can see in the vid. Numbers aren’t huge but adds up

The pet is very resillient. Only dies at waves 160/169/170 and not allways. The rr aura it has is good

Awesome build and sexy shield :smiley:
Did you tried https://www.grimtools.com/db/items/7900 https://www.grimtools.com/db/items/9012 these rings instead of Viodhearth?
Soul harvest scale crazy good near ultimate level.

I want to. But the build thrives on cumulated dmg from different sources. DK is not super hot on vit RR and i’d be making BH stronger and all else weaker. The reson it can even burst Kuba well is MoT rr reflect:)

Should be similar clear speed end game

And thank you:P

Nice build. Thanks for information on CS.

Once I get blueprint for the helm will try oner of the following setups for my 2H cadence DK: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/62aO7LxZ or https://www.grimtools.com/calc/62aO7LmZ.

Nice build, however need some clarifications:

1. The build doesn’t seem to have a default weapon attack, then why Reaping Strike and Necrotic Edge?
  2. For your choice of medal, if the 1st point is not valid, then are the raw cold damage and frostburn to Bone Harvest impactful?
  3. Similarly to the choice of gloves, is the frostburn big? Is the modifier to Bone Harvest effective (12% seems small)? Is there a better alternative?
  4. 1 point into Reap Spirit seems redundant as it only scales with pet bonuses, why this skill?
  5. 1 point into Blitz for extra mobility is always nice don’t you think?

Not Fluff but:

1. WPS proc with the default LMB attack even without a replacer. His LMB is Bone harvest which produces normal sttacks when on CD, hence the WPS.
    2 and 3. There isn’t really a lot of vit damage mods for Bone harvest especially on those two slots. And the mods are both nice.
  2. Reap Spirit is for activating TD.
  3. I also don’t know about Fluff.
  1. The build doesn’t seem to have a default weapon attack, then why Reaping Strike and Necrotic Edge? For 2 points, you still attack and proc them while Harvest is on CD
  2. For your choice of medal, if the 1st point is not valid, then are the raw cold damage and frostburn to Bone Harvest impactful? For shoul harvest buff, and flat dmg. The frostburn is converted which is super
  3. Similarly to the choice of gloves, is the frostburn big? Is the modifier to Bone Harvest effective (12% seems small)? Is there a better alternative? cause it empwers Bone harvest and + skills and lots of % crit including converted frostburn from gloves
  4. 1 point into Reap Spirit seems redundant as it only scales with pet bonuses, why this skill? to proc Time dilation…if you look at devotions
  5. 1 point into Blitz for extra mobility is always nice don’t you think? sure, it didn’t want to, lots of stuff to press on already and blitz does nothing for me in crucible. But use it if you like

My bad, all this time I have misunderstood the definition of default weapon attack. Always thought those are like Cadence, Fire Strike or Savagery.

I spent all weekend farming to get this set and I have to say…very disappointed. I dont want it to sound like a rant, but I wanted this build to be good veyr badly, as I love the art.

Ill start with the DA and OA: fairly underwhelming. Your DA…not sure how you got there. On my build, which should be almost exactly the same as yours, the DA is about 150 pts lower.

Here are the main problems with the build:

1. You rely somewhat on lifesteal. The problem with lifesteal is that it is finnicky. You get stunned, or you dont have a mob from which to steal life, you die a rather quick death, especially if poisoned etc.

2. Without the MI shield, your resists are low. Way lower than a Kriegs/Mindwarp DK. OA and DA ALSO lower than a Kriegs/Mindwarp DK. And dmg. And HP (on HP I was kind of stunned - isnt the classic Vampire supposed to have very high HP?). So the question is: why go blood knight? Looks cooler?

3. Vit dmg is just…awful. I dont get why crate gives such massive bonus % to ele/aether (and ele has the DOTs as well…) while vit gets really pathetic bonuses in comparison. Looking at my commando, fire is +3000%. On the blood knight, the vit is barely reaching +2000%.
    4). You are slow slow slow. Slow movement, no blink or charge. Makes for very frustrating gameplay. Most builds will leave you in the dust.

Ive tried Mythic Edge of Death (the +1 soldier skills) to try to make a cadence version. Doesnt work that great either, but I will keep trying. Vit has comparatively weak medals…still cant find a good one, tried Rotdrinker and Undying Oath…i think Oath may be better, def better than Dreadchill.

Ive tried other rings. Tried the Epic thorn looking one (name escapes me ATM). Better than the Fallen ring. Voidheart is BIS i think.

Tried other shields. Tried basically all vit shields. Tried the one that lifesteals (looks amazing on the char). Pretty underwhelming unfortunately. I just still dont see the dmg or survivability. Works ok on cruc, but I still need to use vangaurd, potions, and blessings to have a stress free time.

TLDR: Vit dmg is subpar and survivability is marginally worse than other builds that do almost 2X the dmg.

EDIT: going to try the Death scythe, maybe 2H will work with some fenagling of devos and augs…still dont see the dmg. Maybe a bleed + vit would be better.

Idk how to respond to the issues you posted. The build is nigh unkillable. You just can’t die with it. it’s lazy, easy to play and fun with it.

The kill time is good for a non DW or some mega shotgun caster. The video is there. Not much else one could do

You say that but I died many times. I have literally the xact same build, maybe slightly worse rolls. Maybe i am doing something wrong?

IDK, I tried cruccing 150-170 10 times, died 2 times, all after got stunned. 8/2 was the same score my Sorceress got (IK build), but she finished in much less time…

Something does not seem to add up on this build. i had a buddy try it out same time as me. He had the same issues, i.e. you get stunned you die. Try taking away the MI shield with +50% pierce res and let me know if you have the same issues, as I have worse rolls…

OA/DA are unarguably worse than comparable builds though.

It means you can’t pilot the build properly

You can’t compare the QoL of a DoT build to anything in the game. One is a kiting caster (in Sorc’s case you are a 6 second tank). The other (Blood Knight) is a Heal tank. They both have different strengths and play differently. If one playstyle doesn’t suit you it doesn’t necessarily make it bad

So it’s an issue with itemization

DA is not an issue in the current crucible climate for ultra heal tanks but his OA could be a little higher. You could replace one of the rings or something else with an OA based MI.

Thanks Ill try that, maybe get rid of SoF for MI ring, maybe Draghoul…

I dont think Im playing it wrong though (i mean, there aren’t that many skills). Is there a particular order i should pay attention to? Order I go usually:
Solael -> RE -> RA/Bone -> RA -> RS -> SoN
Then (RS/SoN usually long CDR so) RA/Bone/RE (all same CD) with interspersed Solael
(OG and MoT on when needed obv)

Rolls should not make a significant impact BTW - if they do, I assume build is not that great ie inflexible.

Btw, using Valgars instead of Iceskorn. I feel like Valgars is better?

EDIT: Tried using Mythical Maw of the Damned, works OK but res adjustment needed. Also tried using Hammerfall Girdle (+5%hp/+4% physique/35% armor 36% armor absorption) for added toughness. That def made me unkillable but dmg suffered a bit.

Try to play it a little longer, I can’t explain the piloting point very well myself. But some builds even when you know what to do and when to do it don’t work very well cause in the heat of the moment you are unable to react in certain situations

Btw just to be safe switch the boots to a craftable Stoneplate Greaves with Greens. Fluff is crazily good at piloting builds so rarely gets stunned but I don’t think everyone is like that :smiley:

Well one MI doesn’t exactly undermine. The build’s potential I am still betting my chips on piloting

The thing with guides is that they only present the basic concept. If it doesn’t work out for you then make changes that you like

Valguur has more OA (saves you the trouble of getting a Ring MI)
Iceskorn has plus skills, a little OA and crit damage. The skill mod for BH isn’t impressive imo

Thanks for the help, Ill def keep at it.

Yeah I dont play too often, I actually mostly theory craft or go around online giving away 1000x stacks of crafting items for peeps lolz…prob should brush up on my skills.

Markovians Bulwark might be a viable option to replace the MI shield…at least it has the right res and +3 CS is always nice. Maw of damned looks like it was made for the build though…